CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   GM Needs to Step Up the Quality on 6th Gen (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301548)

Michael2000 06-12-2013 04:41 PM

GM Needs to Step Up the Quality on 6th Gen

The types of quality issues I am hearing about on 5th Gen cars reminds me of cars built in the 60's and 70's.

Hood wrap missing from 1LE (how does that happen?)

Three of one size tire, and fourth tire of different size (the people at the plant must be high)

Trunk lids partially painted inside

Wheels poorly painted, and no paint on inside of wheel

Big gaps between door and dash on one side

Gaps between bumper and headlights different side to side

Uneven metallic paint

Thin paint

Specs and dirt in paint

Front valence sticking out from fender

Clutch chatter

Driveline slop

Missing fasteners

Misaligned panels resulting in interference fit, and paint worn away

Once everyone gets tired of this garbage assembly, they will move on to other makes of cars. People will only put up with this for so long. This isn't 1969. People have options. Get your act together or go bankrupt again.

Michael

willhe64 06-12-2013 04:43 PM

Name one manufacturer who puts every car perfect off the line?

Not even Ferrari.

blufin 06-12-2013 04:53 PM

Seems like you took random issues of many different cars and crammed them into one thread. EVERY manufacturer has issues with their cars. That's part of why there are warranty's. If there is something wrong, take it back and have it fixed for free.
Do you even own a Camaro?
I'm starting to suspect a troll.

cbass 06-12-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willhe64 (Post 6662341)
Name one manufacturer who puts every car perfect off the line?

Not even Ferrari.

There is not perfect and then there is this. Some of these quality problems listed are unacceptable.

1 wheel a different size. Really?

Does not make you feel all that great with the recent quality hold.

toesuf94 06-12-2013 04:56 PM

On my 2011 I have found 1 speck in the paint. Very even paint with good match from nose to fender as well as bumper to rear fender. Interior panels match up very well and everything has worked flawlessly since I picked it up. So, my car must be a good one.

Out of close to 300,000 cars to have that short of list is pretty danged good in my world. These are still man made machines.

blufin 06-12-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbass (Post 6662394)
There is not perfect and then there is this. Some of these quality problems listed are unacceptable.

1 wheel a different size. Really?

Does not make you feel all that great with the recent quality hold.

Tire, not wheel.

Russo 06-12-2013 05:01 PM

OP is TROLLIN!

FINALLYSATISFIED 06-12-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russo (Post 6662418)
OP is TROLLIN!

Doesn't even own a Camaro, so I'd agree. :dnftt:

SoCalThug 06-12-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blufin (Post 6662379)
Seems like you took random issues of many different cars and crammed them into one thread.

+1. He obviously spends lots of time on this site wishing he had a camaro.

LuSe4 06-12-2013 05:53 PM

Every mass produced car can have these problems. This is normal stuff.
On a related note, trolls need to step up the quality of there trolling posts. They are getting old.

Bad@ssCamaro 06-12-2013 06:06 PM

Get a Camaro first :mad: you mustang troller :thumbdown:

TexasChile 06-12-2013 06:12 PM

I agree with the original post. I am researching the Camaro to possible buy a new one after owning nothing but Japanese cars for a long time, and I do not like all the problems that I have seen on GM cars, including the Camaro. No car is perfect, but I did stop buying American cars for a very good reasons a long time ago. What he says has a lot of truth to it. I think a lot of people here don't want to admit that.

The Stig 06-12-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael2000 (Post 6662336)
The types of quality issues I am hearing about on 5th Gen cars reminds me of cars built in the 60's and 70's.

Hood wrap missing from 1LE (how does that happen?)
there has been ONE incident of this - and we don't even have the full story yet
Three of one size tire, and fourth tire of different size (the people at the plant must be high)
ummm...have never heard of this issue (and I'm on here a LOT) you sure this is a camaro issue?

Trunk lids partially painted inside
not an issue for the camaro

Wheels poorly painted, and no paint on inside of wheel
OK - this one I'll give you. The wheel paint could be better, but it would also increase cost(s) to powder coat them

Big gaps between door and dash on one side
again, not a camaro issue

Gaps between bumper and headlights different side to side
not a camaro issue

Uneven metallic paint
There was a TSB released in 2010 regarding this issue. Reason is because of the different materials (metal vs. polyurethane plastic)

Thin paint
valid point - our clear coats could be better

Specs and dirt in paint
very few occurrences of this, and in all instances GM has stepped up and fixed it

Front valence sticking out from fender
There is a TSB issued for this, it's a very simple fix. Oh and considering that all front splitters are installed by your dealer, not a Chevrolet issue

Clutch chatter
TSB was issued about this. Easy fix.

Driveline slop
TSB was issued about this. Easy fix.

Missing fasteners
You'll have to be more specific, there are a lot of fasteners in our cars.

Misaligned panels resulting in interference fit, and paint worn away
Are you talking about the spoiler paint chipping? Easy fix, and there was a TSB issued

Once everyone gets tired of this garbage assembly, they will move on to other makes of cars. People will only put up with this for so long. This isn't 1969. People have options. Get your act together or go bankrupt again.

Michael

Comments are in red. Again - I think you're talking about multiple car manufacturers.

Angrybird 12 06-12-2013 06:24 PM

I have none of those issues. Also had none of them on my 2010...:noidea: