Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How will history judge the 5th Gen SS (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=575441)

stickwiggler13 05-15-2020 09:37 AM

How will history judge the 5th Gen SS

On a scale of 1-10 and why? Is this car an instant classic? Let’s here some views about Muscle cars that claim the top spot and where the 5th Gen will fit into the puzzle when it comes to future auctions and collectibility.

Thanks for your opinion:D

RupertPupkin 05-15-2020 09:46 AM

They made a butt load.. highly doubt it’s going to be a collectible item. Maybe the Z28, but not a car that was mass produced.

RupertPupkin 05-15-2020 09:56 AM

They made a butt load.. highly doubt it’s going to be a collectible item. Maybe the Z28, but not a car that was mass produced.

drew peacock 05-15-2020 10:02 AM

will imho go down as a classic..they are built so well and look so damn good.
cars made today are getting cheaper and cheaper parts fitted to them.
i rekon mint unmolested low milage ones will become collectable

myold88 05-15-2020 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RupertPupkin (Post 10790382)

How many Tri-Five Chevys did they make? A bit more I think. It's the
electronics on these cars that will always limit their popularity and value.
Todays old cars are easy to repair, 5th Gens down the road, not so much.

PeteD 05-15-2020 10:24 AM

Strictly my opinion on this one. I think it will go down as a classic. I am not too concerned with numbers produced. Look how many were produced in all the other generations . Take for instance a 1968. There were over 179,000 made. How many are on the roads today? All the generations hit a span where they are sought after. Just like the 3rd gen. It is coming into it's own now. Prices are starting to rise . The 5th gen is what saved the Camaro and it has been going down ever since they messed with the platform

Modernmusclecar 05-15-2020 10:39 AM

It's already a classic look compared to the 6th gen. In 30 years when people are hot rodding imo it will be there retro look of the 5th gen thats desirable. I said it years ago....it's the 57 Chevy of Camaros.

mikeman 05-15-2020 10:42 AM

They could have kept the 5th gen around longer than they did. Look at Dodge with their ever lasting Challenger.

If they needed the lower weight targets that the 6th gen provided, they could've converted some suspension pieces to aluminum and redesigned the front and rear cradles to alumimum designs. I'm sure that would've chopped the weight down significantly.

Unfortunately, they went to an all new smaller platform that has been not that successful in sales compared to the 5th gen.

CamaroBarb 05-15-2020 10:51 AM

I think the 5th gen like all the other Camaro's will always be popular. I get stopped all the time from people asking about mine. The problem is the electronics and LCD displays, once they age and no longer work then what? I don't think any company is going to step up and be able to support these cars later. I think you'll see them modded to eliminate most of electronics.

xstuntman 05-15-2020 11:06 AM

From what i've seen the 5th gens are getting bought up quickly when they hit the secondary market. I find that very telling as i drive by the Chevy house and see a lot of what appears to be mostly four banger 6th gens just sitting there.

drew peacock 05-15-2020 11:09 AM

yep same here
very desirable car here in sweden and most of europe..prices are always strong for muscle cars here..in fact prices are rising. good solid investment.

Moto-Mojo 05-15-2020 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modernmusclecar (Post 10790406)
It's already a classic look compared to the 6th gen. In 30 years when people are hot rodding imo it will be there retro look of the 5th gen thats desirable. I said it years ago....it's the 57 Chevy of Camaros.

“The 57 Chevy of Camaros.” That’s a pretty bold statement but I like it!

GodWentPunk 05-15-2020 11:55 AM

As someone stated, the Z28 will be the one that people will really want years from now... I think people will look for power and performance in years from now so the Gen6 might end up being the ones people will look for. Don't get me wrong, I love my Gen5 over the Gen6 but in 30 years when all cars are electric, power is going to drive their decisions if the Camaro is going to be their choice. Otherwise, Hellcats might end up being the top car to go after. I really can't see people 20-30years from now drooling over a 2010 V6 LT1??

Coleroad 05-15-2020 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drew peacock (Post 10790385)
will imho go down as a classic..they are built so well and look so damn good.
cars made today are getting cheaper and cheaper parts fitted to them.
i rekon mint unmolested low milage ones will become collectable

Exactly, just like the fox body. Millions made, the ones that fetch money. Are the low mileage, original, high spec models. The Z28's will be king of the hill on that.