CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Why such a hurry for the 6th gen? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272700)

Doc 11-16-2013 02:30 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 (Post 7190720)
...Wow, for some reason, although it may sound stupid that all it took was for you to round the front end edges... I really like that front end now... I would almost consider buying it now... But from the windshield back, the body lines still scream "Corvette" in my head, and since you posted a pic of the f40, all I can see in my head now is Camaro front end, with Corvette sides and rear, with an F40 roofline... You're getting close to pleasing me ;) But like you said, you can't please everybody.

Lol well....had I only known. :) So.... how about a nice green one?

Attachment 575263
Attachment 575264

KMPrenger 11-16-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 (Post 7190720)
I test drove a new 08 Mustang GT/CS once... The amount of issues that arose on that one test drive will make me never want to buy a new Mustang, unless it looks so amazing that I can't help myself.

I love ABM, but didn't want to put the effort into finding one in the beginning... If I don't like what I see in the future, I may got back and try to find a 10 ABM SS... I'd also love to have something similar to a Rally Green, or Fathom Green, yet all I'm offered is radioactive neon green... Not my cup of tea, but as mentioned previously, you can't please everybody.

Woops...I should have said Aqua Blue SS.

I already have my sweet ABM....so what I meant is if I didn't upgrade my car, or go with a 6th gen then I'd maybe try to seek out a good used ABM SS. But I'm sure you probably caught my little flub up there lol

AzItaliaSS 11-23-2013 03:08 PM

A direct answer to the OP's title "why in a hurry" is;
Cause the 2014 sucks thats why! It is the reason why so many stood still looked at it, shook there head, and still say to themselves "meh". It is impressionless for a camaro standard and far from the benchmark set before it arrival. And noo plastic up the back half of it hasnt "grown" on alot of us, and nooo the tailight debacle hasnt "grown on us in time" blah blah blah. Get it right next time GM and make someones heart skip a beat for gods sake, not the "it will grow on your crap" spare us the propaganda.

FenwickHockey65 11-24-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS (Post 7210696)
A direct answer to the OP's title "why in a hurry" is;
Cause the 2014 sucks thats why! It is the reason why so many stood still looked at it, shook there head, and still say to themselves "meh". It is impressionless for a camaro standard and far from the benchmark set before it arrival. And noo plastic up the back half of it hasnt "grown" on alot of us, and nooo the tailight debacle hasnt "grown on us in time" blah blah blah. Get it right next time GM and make someones heart skip a beat for gods sake, not the "it will grow on your crap" spare us the propaganda.

It grew on me. I'd take a '14 over a '10-'13. Especially a 1LE.

RandyT 11-24-2013 03:07 PM

good question

i love my 5th Gen even though I'm looking at a 14 1LE.
I figure when it gets here it gets here no rush

Bhobbs 11-24-2013 04:14 PM

I am interested in seeing how GM will develop the car now that it has an appropriate foundation for a performance car. Lighter, more rigid and more advanced will all help the 6th gen be a beast of a car.

OldScoolCamaro 11-24-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 7212245)
It grew on me. I'd take a '14 over a '10-'13. Especially a 1LE.

...I gotta admit the '14 1LE looks awesome...:)

Norm Peterson 11-25-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS (Post 7210696)

So what you're saying is that a couple of warts is more than enough to overcome the goodness in everything that's right about the car? That you don't think you could ever get into the car and enjoy driving it without worrying about the parts you don't like.

If it matters any, your specific complaints are the same ones that people posted on the Mustang forums back when their 2010's came out. I didn't care for exactly the same things you mentioned not liking, but it wouldn't have stopped me from putting one on the short list if I'd have been in the market for a new car at the time. Really, they end up being somebody else's problem when I'm driving or parked in public, nobody's problem otherwise, and I could hardly care less either way. Same thing would apply to a 2014 1LE if I was shopping today.

Norm

OldScoolCamaro 11-25-2013 08:30 PM

^...yeah, what Norm said....;)

dgriddick 11-30-2013 11:08 AM

The Gen 6 ...They are bringing back the 88 IROC.. They got bored so that's the best they could do.. Who cares about gas mileage in a muscle car.. maybe a YOTA would be a better car for that

Why the slanted nose???? Aren't these supposed to look like 60s muscle cars or is the new trend 80s.. remember what happened to the 88 IROC and the Trans AM?? or are they just trying to copy European auto makers...

Give us more power for the same cost..

Men dont buy Camaros to get better gas mileage... OH.. and get rid of the new ugly front lights on the newer 14. The future slopped look is not working..

No I wont part with my Gen 5.. They already screwed up a cool car...
Just my 2 cents

Norm Peterson 12-01-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgriddick (Post 7225982)
Who cares about gas mileage in a muscle car..

1. The government.

2. Anybody who'd rather drive theirs than let it sit there as an expensive driveway ornament while they drive some little penalty box on wheels instead. Or who would rather be able to go well over 300 highway miles on a tank than have to stop for a 15+ gallon fill every 175.

Norm

OldScoolCamaro 12-02-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgriddick (Post 7225982)
The Gen 6 ...They are bringing back the 88 IROC.. They got bored so that's the best they could do.. Who cares about gas mileage in a muscle car.. maybe a YOTA would be a better car for that

Why the slanted nose???? Aren't these supposed to look like 60s muscle cars or is the new trend 80s.. remember what happened to the 88 IROC and the Trans AM?? or are they just trying to copy European auto makers...

Give us more power for the same cost..

Men dont buy Camaros to get better gas mileage... OH.. and get rid of the new ugly front lights on the newer 14. The future slopped look is not working..

No I wont part with my Gen 5.. They already screwed up a cool car...
Just my 2 cents

...some kind of agenda goin' on with your post, rants and raves, subjective opinions based upon some unknown premise taken from who knows where...skewed...

Camaronutt 12-06-2013 05:34 PM

I want the new Alpha platform--the one used in the Caddy ATS and CTS--lighter, stronger, better handling. Also want the LT1 from C7 Corvette--more power every where in the rev range than the present LS3. The sooner they bring out a new Camaro the better, especially with the up grades to the new Mustang!

06_warrior 12-06-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaronutt (Post 7242315)
I want the new Alpha platform--the one used in the Caddy ATS and CTS--lighter, stronger, better handling. Also want the LT1 from C7 Corvette--more power every where in the rev range than the present LS3. The sooner they bring out a new Camaro the better, especially with the up grades to the new Mustang!

I want GM to take their time and make the 6th gen. right. Lets see what the Mustang has and what it can do so GM can make any changes needed to top the Mustang.

JacekPSUr1 12-06-2013 08:17 PM

I think the 6th Gen will be pretty radical in order to compete with the new 2015 Stang.

Here is a photo between current model and the new Stang:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...psd893bb30.jpg

Scarrzz 12-10-2013 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose (Post 6071787)
I am just curious on why there is such a hurry for the 6th Gen Camaro to come out? We are still enjoying out 5th Gen. The faster the 6th Gen comes out, the faster our 5th Gen will decrease in price, just thinking out loud. :iono:

Because: Fifth gen refresh taillights.

RUMBLBE 12-10-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JacekPSUr1 (Post 7242753)
I think the 6th Gen will be pretty radical in order to compete with the new 2015 Stang.

Here is a photo between current model and the new Stang:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...psd893bb30.jpg

I know this is the wrong thread but I cant resist since this is the best side view I have seen. Aston called and said they want their grill back. You have destroyed it enough. Ford added the bottom grill and now it looks like a charger SRT. The sides, fenders, and skirts are straight up camaro. Where is the originality? The performance of the new mustang should be great. The 6th Gen camaro has an easy job beating this look since its a copy of our 5th Gen. If you cant beat 'em join 'em! Lets hope GM drops 500 lbs and improves performance to keep up.

SuperCarEnthusiast 12-11-2013 12:44 AM

Ford Mustang is coming up with a new model in fall 2014 - that is more modern looking in style, 300 lbs. less and has IRS! Camaro has to upgrade too to be competitive and has to upgrade it's Camaro to better it in 2015!

maddoggyusa 03-09-2014 11:59 PM

I won't be surprised the new Camaro arrives as a 2017 or later

Mustang ran from 2005-2014 (10 model years), refresh in 2010
Corvette ran from 2005-2013 (9 model years)
Dodge Challenger 2008-present (7 model years)

And Gen5 Camaro will run from 2010-2015, just 6 model years? And only 2 model years after a refresh? If they Camaros are selling now, it's not really a great business move to rush to the Gen 6 design. Although the new 2015 Mustang might be pushing them to make a change earlier than normal?

v8 03-10-2014 12:08 AM

I think the new camaro will be a 2016, maybe a 2015 but I doubt it. They are moving production from Canada to the US, so I think when they start production of the 6th gen, it will be in the US, soon.......

z928 03-10-2014 01:10 AM

^True- they need to compete with Mustang. I think the new car will be in mid 2016?

KarFan 03-11-2014 12:48 PM

There are a myriad of reasons why GM would will move on to the 6th Gen in 2016. The highest is likely getting the car on Alpha and production moved to Lansing. Updating the car to a new platform is likely to bring some production costs down and the the expectations of what the 6th Gen is to be it will likely be more competitive in the market and better for CAFE. The second is the car getting stale in the marketplace. While sales are ok for now the outlook that it will continue with a new Mustang isn't good. GM has learned from painful lessons that leaving a car like the Camaro stale in the market hurts the brand. A healthy car company is proactive and will advance the car maybe even a bit before it may be necessary especially in the face of a changing market. GM wasn't always healthy so looking to the past is misleading but it's actually the right plan of action.

Moving on to the 6th Gen not a slight of the 5th Gen and they will remain the Generation that not only brought the Camaro back from the dead but surpassed all expectations and secured the car for the future. That won't be forgotten, but the auto industry moves forward and that can't be stopped.

Fresh 03-12-2014 12:25 PM

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/731...rogen7blac.jpg

eymang 03-17-2014 11:58 AM

Im not getting any younger waiting and that means a hurry for the 50th edition too.