CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   6th gen reveal and Detriot autoshow (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=387841)

toehead93 12-18-2014 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhobbs (Post 8120377)
Wasn't the C7 revealed at Detroit that year? Could be why the Z/28 was revealed at New York.

Exactly, and that is why GM will reveal in Detroit. It is the largest most anticipated event <period>. IMHO there is no question about this, it is something we could have predicted 5 years ago and I'm sure some of us have.

hotlap 12-18-2014 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhobbs (Post 8119962)
Pushing it back until April means it won't hit lots until a year from now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 8120539)
Why do you think that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 8116358)
In all honesty the damn car should be revealed in April. With production starting in late summer to fall.

Reading between the lines, I'm expecting April reveal with production starting in late summer. :respekt:

ChefBorOzzy 12-18-2014 04:57 PM

I'd love a summer or early fall release.. Seems like most performance cars are released late in the fall though.. Ughhh.

fradaj 12-18-2014 06:48 PM

Any word on when they are scheduled to stop C5 production? C6 production will be in a new factory. I expect a year from now people will be buying them for Christmas.

Bhobbs 12-18-2014 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 8120539)
Why do you think that?

Isn't it around 6-9 months from reveal to dealer lots for GM? An April reveal would mean deliveries around October of not later.

LesserO2Evils 12-19-2014 07:06 AM

Someone(smarter than me) aughta set up a poll with DETROIT/NY/PRIVATE RELEASE PARTY. Seems to be a lot of varying opinion on this. Would be interesting.

mako22 12-19-2014 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhobbs (Post 8121185)
Isn't it around 6-9 months from reveal to dealer lots for GM? An April reveal would mean deliveries around October of not later.

There is a typical timeline we've seen, but I doubt that 6-9 months is required. In theory they could already be in production and if somehow the secret was kept well enough, the reveal could (again in theory) be the day before it showed up at dealerships.

I'm not saying in any way that this is how it's going to play out. Just saying there is no definitive judgement we can make based on prior reveals, and we can't back into a reveal date.

FenwickHockey65 12-19-2014 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 (Post 8120608)
Reading between the lines, I'm expecting April reveal with production starting in late summer. :respekt:

I honestly have no idea when it'll be revealed. I was guessing Detroit along with the rest of you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhobbs (Post 8121185)

Typically yes. GM can start up production whenever they want though as long as the engineering is done and the plant is tooled.

HDRDTD 12-19-2014 09:33 AM

GM could wait until the day of or the day before production starts to unveil the car if they wanted.

Bhobbs 12-19-2014 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mako22 (Post 8121603)
There is a typical timeline we've seen, but I doubt that 6-9 months is required. In theory they could already be in production and if somehow the secret was kept well enough, the reveal could (again in theory) be the day before it showed up at dealerships.

I'm not saying in any way that this is how it's going to play out. Just saying there is no definitive judgement we can make based on prior reveals, and we can't back into a reveal date.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 8121613)
I honestly have no idea when it'll be revealed. I was guessing Detroit along with the rest of you.

Typically yes. GM can start up production whenever they want though as long as the engineering is done and the plant is tooled.

Obviously, no one outside of a select few knows when the 6th gen will be revealed and when it will go into production. I'm basing my guess on GM's previous reveals and the time frames from reveal until release.

I know they can reveal the car and open ordering banks after Mr Reuss walks off the stage but I've never seen it happen and have no reason to think they will do that with the Camaro.

For all we know, the 6th gen could be having some major issues and they have to push it back. We haven't any of the prototypes driving around in a long time.

90503 12-19-2014 11:12 AM

Maybe a clue.....Production in Oshawa has to stop and begin in Michigan at some point...Maybe that's not a big secret and will tell us when availability starts...

I think this year because of the Gen change they will want to protect the '15 sales for as long as they can....

Blackend SS 12-19-2014 11:39 AM

I have been clamoring for info. But I think Ford has been stealing thunder for too long and GM is hurting to stop the bleeding. Regardless of the fact that the current SS 1/LE still out performs the new Mustang GT with all the boxes checked. Detroit HAS to be the place. I remember the 5th gen was also reviled when GM went to bat first for the show back in 2006's showing of the Concept car. GM also did a private show online for the ACTUAL production Camaro and not an auto show. This will be very different as back then it was just entering the market with unknown reception. It has now established itself as a dominant figure in the segment. That and the Challenger now offering its Hellcat variant. Something has to give....and im sure we will find out on 1/12/2015. Fingers crossed. #answerthecall

Number 3 12-20-2014 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 (Post 8120608)

Not going to happen.

Two things we can count on from the history of watching spy photos of camo covered cars is it is about a year and half from production. And around 3 or 4 months prior to production you will see the CTF cars running around. And that usually doesn't happen until after the reveal.

So do not confuse the reveal date with where production is. Those are not linked.

What is linked is the timing from first prototypes to production. That is pretty much fixed.