CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   6th gen reveal and Detriot autoshow (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=387841)

DenverTaco07 12-11-2014 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS (Post 8109169)
I think the CTS-V has a better chance of being revealed in Detroit than the Camaro. Pretty sure it's coming with the LT4 judging from what Ive read on here. I thought GM said the Camaro wasn't being revealed in Detroit and that they had no plans for the reveal yet?

I remember GM being purposely vague not saying yes or no on Detroit...that was my take anyway. This was what...couple months ago...

YoungGun1993 12-11-2014 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeT (Post 8109380)
It's happening. 1/12.

I don't know more than anybody else but consider this...where was the concept unveiled? Detroit NAIAS. Convertible concept? Detroit NAIAS the following year. The 2010 production model? Warren.

I just have a hard time seeing them doing it elsewhere. What's the Muscle Car culture in New York like? Nothing compared to Detroit.

The only doubt comes from whether or not GM is really gonna pack the CTS-V, Volt, and Camaro all into one auto show, but I don't think doing so is far fetched at all.

Bhobbs 12-11-2014 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoungGun1993 (Post 8109391)
I don't know more than anybody else but consider this...where was the concept unveiled? Detroit NAIAS. Convertible concept? Detroit NAIAS the following year. The 2010 production model? Warren.

I just have a hard time seeing them doing it elsewhere. What's the Muscle Car culture in New York like? Nothing compared to Detroit.

The only doubt comes from whether or not GM is really gonna pack the CTS-V, Volt, and Camaro all into one auto show, but I don't think doing so is far fetched at all.

The 2010 Camaro was not revealed at a show. It was a private event based on what I could find on Google. I guess they figured that's all that it needed with the concept being revealed earlier.

I would be surprised if GM wastes the prime time reveal slot on Volt with the Camaro still not being shown to the public.

fradaj 12-11-2014 09:50 PM

I would like to see the new Camaro in Detroit but I believe that the 2014 refresh and Z/28 were revealed in New York. We need an official rumor to confirm.

Bhobbs 12-11-2014 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fradaj (Post 8109474)
I would like to see the new Camaro in Detroit but I believe that the 2014 refresh and Z/28 were revealed in New York. We need an official rumor to confirm.

A refresh isn't as big a deal as a new generation.

YoungGun1993 12-11-2014 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhobbs (Post 8109435)
The 2010 Camaro was not revealed at a show. It was a private event based on what I could find on Google. I guess they figured that's all that it needed with the concept being revealed earlier.

I would be surprised if GM wastes the prime time reveal slot on Volt with the Camaro still not being shown to the public.

It was revealed at an event at the Warren Technical (Engineering) Center, in Warren, MI - just north of Detroit. That's why I used it to support my belief that it will be at NAIAS.

Also IMO the Volt is HUGE for GM. Sure not from an income, volume, or market share perspective but it's existence creates a halo effect and generates (hopefully) good PR. They want people talking about their alternative energy options.

nester7929 12-11-2014 11:38 PM

The New York Auto Show is in April. If GM is going to launch this as a 2016 model, that's quite late. NAIAS makes more sense, at least in terms of generating hype.

hector95z 12-12-2014 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeT (Post 8109074)
Did you kids notice that the Chevy presentation is the VERY FIRST ONE scheduled for Monday, January 12? Coincidence? I think not.
http://naias.mediaroom.com/2014-12-1...edule-Released

This is key, Chevy is going first for a reason people. They want to make a big splash and not with a car like the Volt. Camaro revealing in t minus 30 days

LesserO2Evils 12-12-2014 08:45 AM

I was not aware that Chevy had the opening slot. There is a reason for that.
Yeah...its going down in Detroit! HELL YEAH!!!!

HDRDTD 12-12-2014 10:22 AM

There is some speculation that GM will be announcing/displaying several items at the Detroit show and are afraid that if they unveil the 6th gen, it'll draw too much attention from their other announcements that they want to be front and center.

Who knows.

Autonaut 12-12-2014 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDRDTD (Post 8110086)
There is some speculation that GM will be announcing/displaying several items at the Detroit show and are afraid that if they unveil the 6th gen, it'll draw too much attention from their other announcements that they want to be front and center.

Who knows.

Thats possible. However, if they reveal the Volt, the CTS-V and 6gen Camaro, i dont think any of the cars will steal eachothers thunder. The Volt is for the treehuggers and to show people they are in the game. A game that could be a gamechanger in a few years time. The CTSV, i dont know exactly who their buyers are, but i suspect not too many people crosshop the caddy and camaro. They are 2 cars built for different purposes. 1 is a muscle car. The other is a luxury tourer, a BMW M5 fighter perhaps..

I honestly believe these 3 vehicles revealed at the same time would garner GM the maximum amount of attention available at the moment. It would call for all car freaks attention. Not "just" camaro lovers:) if they were revealed at different events at different dates, they would not gather as much hype.

Being that GM is the first to hold a press conference, i believe they take are going for the guns drawn approach. An all in strategy. Reveal, "sit back" for the rest of the event and watch what happens:)

Im so stoked.. Im positive they will reveal it 12/1

MikeT 12-12-2014 12:14 PM

And let's not forget that Cadillac has its own event on Tues, Jan 13, so the CTS-V is a non-factor in all this.

The Chevy event is not going to be all about the Volt. The Volt is a niche product that most of the automotive world ignores. Almost no one cares. That's the hard truth.

Worry about the Cruze, not the Volt. The 2016 Cruze is an important, 'volume' product that could debut at NAIAS. But a version of the new Cruze has already debuted in China. And while the North America Cruze will apparently have some cosmetic changes (i.e., grill, fascia, et.), it's probably not going be THAT different. The new Cruze, no matter how important, is unlikely to be a car that sets the automotive world on fire.

The Camaro, on the other hand, has sex appeal.

Jason@JacFab 12-12-2014 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonnydurden (Post 8109106)
I wonder what is Nissan's big "Brand Changing" announcement.. They are going back to being Datsun??

That's old news. They already have. They're just crappy econo-box cars though, nothing exciting. Not available in the US (yet?)

Fingers cross to get a 6th gen sighting next month!

KMPrenger 12-12-2014 09:19 PM

Wow...its crazy to think that the 6th gen could be revealed just a month from now.

As aside from camo'd cars....no leaks whatsoever. That's keeping a tight lip compared to the 7th gen Corvette.

So in a month I might be making the decision whether to keep, or sell my car.