CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Do we have a chance to see a "LTZ" Camaro? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=369030)

PYROLYSIS 07-19-2014 02:07 PM

It's called a 2SS.

05SilverStreak 07-19-2014 02:30 PM

Im sorry but I dont theink American Build quality will ever be up to par to comete with the Germans. You may get some "version" of it, but never 100% I owned an Audi , (the number 1 German bulider), and even with 140,000 miles on it there were no rattles inside and it felt like brand new every time you hit a bump. Realistically you cant say that about american cars after 20,000 miles or so.

KMPrenger 07-19-2014 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05SilverStreak (Post 7830072)
Im sorry but I dont theink American Build quality will ever be up to par to comete with the Germans. You may get some "version" of it, but never 100% I owned an Audi , (the number 1 German bulider), and even with 140,000 miles on it there were no rattles inside and it felt like brand new every time you hit a bump. Realistically you cant say that about american cars after 20,000 miles or so.

I say your wrong, but I don't expect to change your opinion with one post.

Also, I find it funny how people like to compare your everyday Ford and Chevy products to the likes of Audi, and then complain about things like soft touch panels and blah blah blah.

Here is the thing...Fords and Chevys are CHEAPER for a reason!

The build quality is just fine. You want the fancy stuff, go pay the fancy prices.

FenwickHockey65 07-19-2014 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05SilverStreak (Post 7830072)

lol @ Audi being used as a measure of quality.

Evil-Bee-NH 07-19-2014 05:56 PM

Next he'll be comparing it to a Daewoo :pound:

dorfmac 07-19-2014 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 7830399)
I say your wrong, but I don't expect to change your opinion with one post.

Also, I find it funny how people like to compare your everyday Ford and Chevy products to the likes of Audi, and then complain about things like soft touch panels and blah blah blah.

Here is the thing...Fords and Chevys are CHEAPER for a reason!

The build quality is just fine. You want the fancy stuff, go pay the fancy prices.

I'd be more than happy paying more for the amenities. I don't think anyone would expect some of those luxury items to come stock. I understand it's not necessarily part of everyone's concept of what a Camaro "should" be, but why not offer the option for those that would enjoy it/pay for it? It can only increase the audience of those interested.

el ess A 07-20-2014 09:04 AM

So how did the Berlinetta fare in the long term....oh...yeah.

There's nothing wrong with offering "upscale" appointments, but there's a different buyer list for those cars, called SS sedan, or CTS-V, etc. The Camaro legacy doesn't seem to be synonymous with "luxury". Maybe since every car company is going soft with their lazy creature comforts for selling them, so it might work, though.

Maybe I'm behind the times, but the way I think about an luxury Camaro is- you just don't put chrome wheels and a leather seat on a lawn tractor and think it's upscale. Just sayin'.

BRMike 07-20-2014 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el ess A (Post 7831310)

I agree with you. I was just pointing out the fact that this concept is not new.

B-Wild 07-20-2014 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el ess A (Post 7831310)

There's nothing wrong with offering "upscale" appointments, but there's a different buyer list for those cars, called SS sedan, or CTS-V, etc. The Camaro legacy doesn't seem to be synonymous with "luxury". Maybe since every car company is going soft with their lazy creature comforts for selling them, so it might work, though.

Maybe I'm behind the times, but the way I think about an luxury Camaro is- you just don't put chrome wheels and a leather seat on a lawn tractor and think it's upscale. Just sayin'.

I agree, that should be a Cadillac vs. BMW issue.

Angrybird 12 07-20-2014 04:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BRMike (Post 7829602)
Again, this is not a new idea. The Berlinetta trim was offered on the Camaro from 1979 to 1986. The Berlinetta was essentially the luxury Camaro.

Before that it was the "Type LT". Ford started it with the Mustang offering the Mustang Grande back in 69.

102SS 07-20-2014 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 (Post 7832171)
Before that it was the "Type LT". Ford started it with the Mustang offering the Mustang Grande back in 69.

Also the first Gen Mercury Cougar which was a Luxury GT.

TPAJETSKI 07-22-2014 11:46 AM

I appreciate the simplicity of the car as it is. Aside from the airbags, traction control,anti-lock brakes and other government imposed nannies, my Camaro doesn't have much more in the way of amenities than my Trans Am did back in 1985 and I like it that way.

Bhobbs 07-22-2014 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorfmac (Post 7828809)
Yes they will - I'm one of them. Left a Lexus SC430 for a Camaro. Sacrificed some creature comforts for the look, but I would love to have them back.

Bring on all the luxury items we can - preferably cooled seats :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorfmac (Post 7830507)
I'd be more than happy paying more for the amenities. I don't think anyone would expect some of those luxury items to come stock. I understand it's not necessarily part of everyone's concept of what a Camaro "should" be, but why not offer the option for those that would enjoy it/pay for it? It can only increase the audience of those interested.

The problem is the more and more stuff they add to the car, the more engineering costs are added as well, so, while you may be more than happy to pay for a luxury Camaro, everyone else will have to pay more as well. It's a Camaro and it's supposed to be a performance car. If you want luxury, go elsewhere.

CCMADONNA 08-04-2014 01:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i bought the 2014 2SS/RS because Cadillac no longer makes this: