CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   So what IS going to Happen to Camaro5 after the 6th gen comes out? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274963)

AZCamaroFan 02-04-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubyCamaro (Post 6118793)
I LOVE my Camaro5 forum. I will need grief therapy if it falls apart when the 6th gen Camaros come out. :( I'm getting anxious just thinking about it. A little reasurrance?????????????? :iono:

i need therapy after being on this site

FINALLYSATISFIED 02-04-2013 01:31 PM

They may just change the site name to camaro6.com but keep the database the same and obviously primary forum would be first then the 5th Gen forum title would be below that.

Obzen 02-04-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED (Post 6120673)
They may just change the site name to camaro6.com but keep the database the same and obviously primary forum would be first then the 5th Gen forum title would be below that.

This. They can easily re-title some of the sub forums and redirect Camaro5 to the "new" Camaro6 website.

Or they can just change the name to something that works for either year rather than putting the generation in it.

or, the second the 6th gen is announced, they will delete all trace of Camaro5's existence.

bthibodeaux 02-04-2013 04:11 PM

There will be anarchy! This site will implode and the servers will fry. Then all Gen 5 Camaros will burn to the ground.

That is what I heard anyway.

slick rick 02-04-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubyCamaro (Post 6118793)
So what IS going to Happen to Camaro5 after the 6th gen comes out?

The same thing that happened to Camaro4 when Camaro5 came out :popcorn:

quualudes 02-04-2013 05:04 PM

So... camaro6.com is currently 'parked' at GoDaddy which means someone owns it. I am assuming that the owners of camaro5.com had the foresight to purchase that domain name since, ya know, they are trying to build an empire here. :) Advertising pays!!! And having an active forum like this is a HUGE commodity.

When you go to camaro5.com, you get 5th gen news on the main page and there are a number of tabs to choose from, including the forums. When you click on the link to the forums, you get the root of forums - not just 5th gen stuff. You got not only the 5th gen stuff, but they allocate for anything that is required and reasonable to organize the masses, information and topics. Adding 6th gen is trivial. :)

The database for the forums cares not for the domain name. If you navigate from carmaro5.com or camaro6.com, it will be the same forums, your browser will just stick with the domain name you entered with.

For all intents and purposes, the camaro6.com domain will just be a new folder on the same web server holding camaro5.com. Nothing changes except for how they integrate 6th gen into the forums.

tramtwo 02-05-2013 10:22 AM

can't imagine this site going anywhere until the last 5th gen oem airbox has been modded

meissen 02-05-2013 02:20 PM

I just hope there's more separation on the home page than there currently is. It drives me nuts that I have to scroll through all the Corvette news to find the Camaro news... Yet if you go to Corvette7.com, there's no Camaro news on their homepage...

That said, no doubt Camaro5 will not be going anywhere. There's still websites dedicated to 2nd gens, 3rd gens, 4th gens, all generations, etc.

its a syn 02-05-2013 02:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I see new sticker sales and hoodies already beginning! lol!! I hope they sell little 6's!:facepalm:

OldScoolCamaro 02-05-2013 07:44 PM

...what will happen? The same thing that happened the day after Y2K, and the day after 12-21-12....:)

Mr. Wyndham 02-06-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meissen (Post 6124688)
I just hope there's more separation on the home page than there currently is. It drives me nuts that I have to scroll through all the Corvette news to find the Camaro news... Yet if you go to Corvette7.com, there's no Camaro news on their homepage...

That said, no doubt Camaro5 will not be going anywhere. There's still websites dedicated to 2nd gens, 3rd gens, 4th gens, all generations, etc.

News is news....much like a tickertape, as something relevant to the Camaro happens, it'll probably be posted, and then fade away into the archives. I can understand how that might be frustrating, at times, though.

Here is our vision for the future, in a nutshell:

We've had an absolute BLAST over the past (nearly 7) years speculating and then enjoying everything Camaro-related, including some of the best car enthusiasts on the planet!! We wouldn't dream of letting that go...So, as the 6th-generation of Camaro comes out, this web-forum's administration is ready and willing to welcome it with open arms, and integrate new sections and subforums seamlessly.

Will some directories change? Very possibly. But know this:

We will continue to strive to maintain our very high standards of decorum and the atmosphere of "friends and family" that we are so very proud of. We don't intend to fade away into the annals of history, or let our standards degrade. We hope you, our most valued members and Camaro Comrades, will continue to post, predict, discuss, and otherwise goof-off about Camaros for many years to come. :thumbsup:

:grouphug:

(I've been waiting for weeks to use that smilie. :bellyroll:)

rmyers 02-06-2013 06:55 PM

What's in a name?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rmyers 02-06-2013 06:56 PM

Perhaps they own the domain name camaro6 and it will just forward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zebra 02-06-2013 06:58 PM

yeah, you'll get old fogies like me who pretty much gave up on the camaro a long time ago after buying my choice above it but still hang around to chat with the friends i made almost 5 years ago while speculating what was to come of this car. :thumbsup: