CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   New Camaro = New Ad Campaign (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275113)

The_Blur 02-04-2013 07:03 PM

New Camaro = New Ad Campaign

Pitch your perfect new Camaro ad or suggestions to GM. I make no guarantees that anyone will use your suggestions, but at least we can suggest inspiring material.

I want to make a case to GM for a more aggressive ad campaign. Give me something along the lines of "May the Best Car Win" for the Camaro. I understand that Chevrolet is a comprehensive brand, and it covers everything from the daily drivable Malibus and Equinoxes to hard-working Silverado HDs, but the Camaro buyer isn't buying because "Chevy runs deep." If it does run deep in them, they'll buy regardless of the ad campaign. Let's get those buyers who aren't just shopping Chevrolet.

I want a drag race. Show us Camaros beating Mustangs and Challengers. I also want a track race. I also want an open challenge for someone to fight the ZL1. Don't be conservative. Be tough! It's a Camaro! :stang:

I want another ad showing neighbors washing their cars. Put one in a Genesis and the other in a Camaro LT. Make them argue about something—fuel economy, performance, something. As they're arguing, have someone on the sidewalk go right past the Genesis for the Camaro LT. Let that leave the Genesis driver speechless. This is much more conservative, and I can actually see GM doing something like this.

Give me something ridiculous. I want people to talk about the viral, crazy TV ad that's too intense for the Malibu driver. You don't want Malibu drivers in Camaros anyway. You want sports car drivers. Whatever you do, don't give me that low-pitched voice actor talking about features of the car. I'm sick of the typical shots where someone says, "Brembo brakes; independent rear suspension; 400 horsepower—the all new Camaro. Chevy runs deep." :barf: Don't give me that garbage. It's boring. :character0109: We've all changed the channel by the time you've finished the second syllable—a great waste of advertising dollars.

Be bold.

OldScoolCamaro 02-04-2013 07:58 PM

....I can watch the Speed Channel during Barrett Jackson auctions and see ZL1 commercials, but never any other time up and down the channel. Come on marketing, get with it....VW has a more aggressive sales campaign...and a catchy one at that....just sayin...:)

Bhobbs 02-04-2013 08:12 PM

How about just have the Camaro driving around but it be out of focus/just a blur with the only sound being the V8 screaming. Then have the camera turn around facing fog/smoke and the headlights showing through as the car drives towards the camera and turns so it slides and faces perpendicular to be camera.

stlrammer 02-04-2013 08:14 PM

Use imagination like Ford does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYEZeGG0fPA

stlrammer 02-04-2013 08:25 PM

Like this one too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx5azu41wto

Rob3D 02-04-2013 08:54 PM

Scene 1. A space ship blasts off. Its a manned mission to mars.

Next scene. The space ship lands in a salt flats looking place only its red. (Its mars)

Next scene. The two astrounauts climb down the ladder or ramp of the space ship and cautiously remove thier helmets and take in a deep breath. One astronaut says to the other, "wow, there is breathable air here! I wonder what other wonders we're going to find here?"

Next scene. A Camaro comes zooming by, kicking up a cloud of red dust with two martians (driver and passenger) yelling "wooooo hooooo"' waving to the astronauts as they speed by.

Last scene. The astronauts, in a cloud if fading red dust waving thier hands in front of thier faces, look bewildered and wave back in total disbelief, the one astronaut looks to the other and says, "They are SOOOO much more advanced than we are."

The tag line: "The new Chevrolet Camaro. More advanced. More fun."

2010SSRSM6 02-04-2013 09:16 PM

Open with two kids playing with their hot wheels in the front yard. Make it look like the late 60's and have a 67-69 Camaro drive by with both kids staring at it and have kid # 1 say "When I grow up, I'm going to own one of those!", then kid # 2 states "Well, I'm going to own two of them!", followed by a stern look from kid # 1.

Flash forward to present. Kid # 1 pulls up to kid # 2's house in a brand new C6 Camaro in a matching color of the one that drove by 40 years earlier. Kid 2 comes outside and looks it over and gives him positive feedback on the nice car. Kid #1 goes over options, power, mpg, whatever they want to talk about in the add. Kid # 2 turns and proceeds to open the garage and the new Z/28 or ZL1 is parked next to the 1st gen from the intro and kid 2 states "told you so!" Then the grown up version of kid # 1 gives kid # 2 the same look from the intro. Chevrolet Camaro, building friendships that can last a lifetime.......sometimes. :D

tramtwo 02-05-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 (Post 6122425)
Open with two kids playing with their hot wheels in the front yard. Make it look like the late 60's and have a 67-69 Camaro drive by with both kids staring at it and have kid # 1 say "When I grow up, I'm going to own one of those!", then kid # 2 states "Well, I'm going to own two of them!", followed by a stern look from kid # 1.

Flash forward to present. Kid # 1 pulls up to kid # 2's house in a brand new C6 Camaro in a matching color of the one that drove by 40 years earlier. Kid 2 comes outside and looks it over and gives him positive feedback on the nice car. Kid #1 goes over options, power, mpg, whatever they want to talk about in the add. Kid # 2 turns and proceeds to open the garage and the new Z/28 or ZL1 is parked next to the 1st gen from the intro and kid 2 states "told you so!" Then the grown up version of kid # 1 gives kid # 2 the same look from the intro. Chevrolet Camaro, building friendships that can last a lifetime.......sometimes. :D

:thumbup:

The_Blur 02-05-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob3D (Post 6122334)

Next scene. The space ship lands in a salt flats looking place only its red. (Its mars)

Next scene. The two astrounauts climb down the ladder or ramp of the space ship and cautiously remove thier helmets and take in a deep breath. One astronaut says to the other, "wow, there is breathable air here! I wonder what other wonders we're going to find here?"

Next scene. A Camaro comes zooming by, kicking up a cloud of red dust with two martians (driver and passenger) yelling "wooooo hooooo"' waving to the astronauts as they speed by.

Last scene. The astronauts, in a cloud if fading red dust waving thier hands in front of thier faces, look bewildered and wave back in total disbelief, the one astronaut looks to the other and says, "They are SOOOO much more advanced than we are."

That's unique and awesome. I could see this happening.

Mr. iNCREDIBLE 02-05-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob3D (Post 6122334)

WIN!

Rob3D 02-05-2013 05:19 PM

Thanks... :)

77rs 02-05-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

That would be a cool ad!

Chevyman2 02-07-2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

YOU WIN!!

TJ91 02-07-2013 12:26 AM

Think ive only ever seen a commerical twice in 4 years for the camaro