CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   We love Alpha, but what about the "evolutionary" design? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=387600)

YoungGun1993 12-09-2014 02:51 PM

We love Alpha, but what about the "evolutionary" design?

Hey all, I'm loving all the work done by Chazcron to help us see under the camo. I'm super excited for the unveiling (NAIAS in Detroit?). I'm checking this website far too often for news considering its finals week.

All that said, I'd like to gather everyone's thoughts on the design being "evolutionary". If unveiled at NAIAS, it'll be 9 years after the Camaro concept reveal. Maybe it comes down to the 6th Gen headlights and taillights to define it as fresh enough? Maybe I'm crazy for placing too much weight on design?

I know its a totally new car inside, and I'm all about the performance it will undoubtedly bring to the plate. I like the old design - and its been a smash hit for GM - but does anyone else thing the nearly decade-old design (if only evolved) is a little stale? My hope is to get a 50th Anniversary in '17, but I don't know how I'll feel at age 23 paying $50K for a car design that'll be half as old as I am.

Just something to think about - I'd like to hear your thoughts. There's no other new info to talk on.:sad0147:

MikeT 12-09-2014 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoungGun1993 (Post 8105077)
I like the old design - and its been a smash hit for GM - but does anyone else thing the nearly decade-old design (if only evolved) is a little stale? My hope is to get a 50th Anniversary in '17, but I don't know how I'll feel at age 23 paying $50K for a car design that'll be half as old as I am.

If everyone thought like you young whipper snappers, Porsche would have been out of business a long time ago. They've pretty much been doing the evolutionary design thing since 1948. That's triple your age, son. ;)

ssrs2lt 12-09-2014 04:08 PM

welcome young gun 1993! Always room for more Camaro enthusiast. Yeah we'll have to wait and see..

FenwickHockey65 12-09-2014 04:34 PM

It's not like it'll be a 5th gen on the Alpha chassis. You'll be able to tell the differences.

And even Chazcron's renderings are still speculation. Just sayin.

ssrs396 12-09-2014 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 8105260)
It's not like it'll be a 5th gen on the Alpha chassis. You'll be able to tell the differences.

And even Chazcron's renderings are still speculation. Just sayin.

Amen and amen!

PYROLYSIS 12-09-2014 08:13 PM

I wanted something completely different from the fifth gen but that doesn't look like that is the case. A modern interpretation of the 2nd Gen would be awesome but I can understand them not wanting to go retro again. As long as it's different enough from the fifth gen and looks like a Camaro, I'll be happy.

fradaj 12-09-2014 09:16 PM

I think we all may be surprised when they finally show it.

YoungGun1993 12-10-2014 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS (Post 8105690)
I wanted something completely different from the fifth gen but that doesn't look like that is the case. A modern interpretation of the 2nd Gen would be awesome but I can understand them not wanting to go retro again. As long as it's different enough from the fifth gen and looks like a Camaro, I'll be happy.

This kinda sums up my thoughts. I know we'll be able to tell the differences, but that's not saying a ton (2013 vs 2014 MY). Then again "different enough" is a very subjective term, and I won't know what's "different enough" until I see it.