CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   next body? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347602)

wayne watson 03-16-2014 07:14 AM

next body?

I just got this on facebook and i'm sure it's not a real idea of what the next gen will look like but wanted to share because it was labeled as such. what do you think Attachment 608260

sutherlacd27 03-16-2014 07:26 AM

hate old school round headlights on new modern cars. Hate those mirrors too...

PalmerGA 03-16-2014 08:33 AM

I think it's VERY ugly. Maybe even Fugly!

Scalded Dog 03-16-2014 08:40 AM

That pic isn't great... my assessment of that rendering is that the white circumnavigational stripe around the nose makes it look like an aardvark... without that damn strip, the car MIGHT look a little better balanced, although it still rings a lot of Maserati bells... But having all that business fore of the front axle: white stripe, headlights, fog lights, emblem, grille, splitter, seems to draw 90% of the "action" to the front, nothing of note behind the front axle.

It's the opposite of Joe Dirt's mullet: This one is party in the front, business in the back.

ActNup NY 03-16-2014 08:41 AM

I'll stick just with my own camaro😝

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RollaMo 03-16-2014 08:54 AM

That pic has been floating around for several years.
It is just some bad photoshop, and nothing from GM

2012-1822 03-16-2014 08:59 AM

I think it's safe to assume that half the forum will hate the tail lights.

Sir Nuke 03-16-2014 10:00 AM

I read an article yesterday....for what its worth, the real change will be the platform change, but the style itself won't be a big change ........ we will all just have to wait and see.

Norm Peterson 03-16-2014 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sutherlacd27 (Post 7498511)
hate old school round headlights on new modern cars.

Round is still the best shape for getting optimal illumination from what's essentially a point source of light (either a filament or an electric arc).

Anything other shape sacrifices lighting performance for no good reason.

Norm

Outlander 03-16-2014 10:14 AM

Looks a bit Corvette-like.

I'd just recommend making it lighter and more functional. Our '70 Firebird's back seat and trunk was ok but generations since '82 have been pretty awful. I remember trying pretty hard to like the '82 F-bodies but ended up with a Celica GT because it was a sporty, well designed and functional car.

Its well past time to break the mold and start putting AWD in pony cars so they don't waste so much of their usable lives in storage.

My Ram 1500 with a Hemi is also stylish, fun to drive and so much more practical that the Camaro tends to feel more like a gimmick.

Norm Peterson 03-16-2014 10:55 AM

AWD is heavier, more complex, and tends to make cars understeer somewhat more. None of those are really in keeping with the concept of nimble, sporty handling, and it would be a real shame to morph the ponycars into WRX/Evo/X-drive/4Matic wanna-be's.

I wonder how many Camaros are stored over the winter as much for keeping them away from road chemicals as for reasons involving traction. Lots of people want to wait until after a few spring rains have washed the roads clear.

Norm

Outlander 03-16-2014 11:10 AM

I see AWD as an opportunity, not a penalty. Making a Camaro as all season capable as a WRX isn't really a bad thing, is it?

I was thinking the Challenger would be the first one in the market to offer AWD but that hasn't happened.

I got rid of an '06 Mustang GT that was useless in the snow and got one of those fugly AWD Honda Crosstours that was an absolute blast to drive year round, especially with the stability control disabled.

In any case, if they build it I'd buy it.

AZCamaroFan 03-16-2014 11:11 AM

That's not the next Camaro. Someone made something up and posted it.

angryv6 03-16-2014 11:18 AM

I would love it if Chevy came out with a true 67 to 69 body. One of the three would suffice, and that would be cool.