CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Motor Trend Scoop: 2015 Camaro to be on Alpha Platform (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75318)

advanceNconquer 04-09-2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alain (Post 1692380)
i skimmed over this post before, went back and re read it. this is one of the best written statements i've read on this board.

Absolutely ... I've been reading this post for these last two days ... I got to that post and most definitely caught my eye hardcore!

Alain ... So what is it? Camaro or Vette? I didn't see you on Thursday @ BK ... So I assumed Vette.

It's 'Cisco by the way.

ViperTomcat 04-09-2010 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jer4251 (Post 1689134)
yep, the same day a factory mustang beats a factory camaro in a race

So it'll be ending in mid May? Oh CRAP.

ROBZ 28 04-13-2010 02:53 PM

GREAT IDEA GM. TAKE THE AWESOME SELLING CAR THAT HAS JUST STARTED GETTING OUR FOLLOWERS BACK AND KICK THEM IN THE TEETH BY TAKINGTHE(V8) WHAT MAKES THAT CAR SELL AWAY. THATS FINE IF THEY WANT TO OFFER A 4CYL, JUST ADD IT TO THE OPTIONS. I HAVN'T SEEN THE NUMBERS BUT I BET THE CAMARO IS NOT ONLY OUT SELLING THE MUSTANG BUT THERES A GOOD CHANCE ITS OUT SELLING THE HYUNDAI GENESIS. ONE THING I DO KNOW THE V8 VERSION IS OUT SELLING THE V6. IF ITS GAS SAVINGS WERE FOCUSING ON WHY CAN'T WE WORK ON THAT. GM IS SELLING A 436HP CORVETTE THAT IF YOU KEEP YOUR FOOT OUT OF IT, IT WILL GET ALMOST 30MPG ON THE HIGHWAY.

rez333 04-13-2010 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBZ 28 (Post 1715319)
GREAT IDEA GM. TAKE THE AWESOME SELLING CAR THAT HAS JUST STARTED GETTING OUR FOLLOWERS BACK AND KICK THEM IN THE TEETH BY TAKINGTHE(V8) WHAT MAKES THAT CAR SELL AWAY. THATS FINE IF THEY WANT TO OFFER A 4CYL, JUST ADD IT TO THE OPTIONS. I HAVN'T SEEN THE NUMBERS BUT I BET THE CAMARO IS NOT ONLY OUT SELLING THE MUSTANG BUT THERES A GOOD CHANCE ITS OUT SELLING THE HYUNDAI GENESIS. ONE THING I DO KNOW THE V8 VERSION IS OUT SELLING THE V6. IF ITS GAS SAVINGS WERE FOCUSING ON WHY CAN'T WE WORK ON THAT. GM IS SELLING A 436HP CORVETTE THAT IF YOU KEEP YOUR FOOT OUT OF IT, IT WILL GET ALMOST 30MPG ON THE HIGHWAY.

I think if you unlock the caps lock when you type, you'll get 30mpg too, and we'd be able to read better what you're trying to say.

Mr. Wyndham 04-13-2010 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBZ 28 (Post 1715319)

They're not getting rid of the V8. Shut your Caps Lock off.

......once again guys (who still want to believe this)....if you chose to believe what MT has to tell you, then read everything: They say the Alpha platform is being 'protected' for a V8 engine, meaning nobodies taking away anything. It's just getting smaller and lighter.

EDIT: And the Genesis coupe only sold 19k cars last year. ;)

Ronn 04-13-2010 03:29 PM

No sense in getting worked up about it right now, let's enjoy our cars. Once we get more actual facts then by all means get fired up if you don't like it. This is like saying my life might change one day (for better/worse be it a loss of job or family member etc) there's no sense in stewing over it just take each day for what it's worth! Take some holidays and plan a road trip.

ROBZ 28 04-14-2010 10:49 AM

AS FOR THE CAPS MY WORK PROGRAM ONLY RECONIZES CAPS. As for the rest of the point. I just don't think every car needs to be a compact(Ex. dragoneyes cobalt). There are vehicles out there already. In racing lighter is faster, but how many camaros make it to the track. My point is not every customer that walks into a dealership wants the same thing. I was comparing the sales of the V6 car and the Hyundai to make my point. And if its gas miles were talking then I gave the corvette as that example. Let the auto industry sell what the consumers what. THERES PLENTY OF CHOICES OUT THERE. NO ONE NEEDS TO BE JACKS ON HERE. Were all on here for the same love of the vehicle.

FL1CK 07-26-2011 10:03 AM

The "No More V8" stuff makes me laugh...:sm0:

heRS 07-26-2011 10:28 AM

The thread from the dead... well all I have to say is if Camaro comes out with a 4 cyl. us v6ers will have someone to bash.
That is all.

NoSyT 07-26-2011 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heRS (Post 3522582)
The thread from the dead... well all I have to say is if Camaro comes out with a 4 cyl. us v6ers will have someone to bash.
That is all.

Unless of course, it's a turbo 4cyl that will whip a V6s ass! :iono: