CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Future Camaro Powered By Turbo V6 and DCT Transmission, Like C7 Corvette? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99132)

SGOS252382 08-06-2010 03:32 PM

A turbo V6 will never sound like a V8, but it will be so easy to make extra HP.

A turbo car would make huge HP gains with just couple bolt ons and tuning (huge gains).

Robert91RS 08-06-2010 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViperTomcat (Post 2190507)
I thought this was debunked already?

I was under the impression that the mid-engine was going to be in the C8..not the C7..and that the Corvette was keeping its V8 but a DI 5.5/5.7L one..

Also what I had been hearing.

rudack 08-06-2010 03:49 PM

Corvette without a V8? Screw that! Got rice?

SonnyakaPig 08-06-2010 04:09 PM

I think a powerful turbo V6 would be a great thing for the next generation Camaro if Chevy can put the Camaro on a diet.

Also, for my taste I would want to know that the V6 could handle higher boost than what would probably come from the factory.

Reborn 08-06-2010 04:11 PM

The Corvette has been rumored of switching to midengine since before the C5 was introduced. Most likley will not happen. Also...they won't switch to a V6. GM and the Corvette Engineers know better then to put a V6 in the Corvette. A lot of people would be pissed off.

SonnyakaPig 08-06-2010 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViperTomcat (Post 2190507)
I thought this was debunked already?

I was under the impression that the mid-engine was going to be in the C8..not the C7..and that the Corvette was keeping its V8 but a DI 5.5/5.7L one..

This is a good point. I also remember reading that the new engine for the Vette and maybe even the Camaro would be the DI 5.5L.

Having said that, I could be into a big V6 with forged internals that can handle higher boost.

Blade 08-06-2010 04:14 PM

As long as the power is there, I don't care how its pulled. Turbo or SuperCharged.

Jeffro19 08-06-2010 04:18 PM

A corvette is not a corvette without a V8. Would be epic fail if GM puts a turbo V6 in the vette. :facepalm: I am betting they wont.

Z28RockStar 08-06-2010 04:28 PM

O. M. D. B.

OverMyDeadBody will I ever transport myself with anything other than a Vtwin (Harley/scooter) or a V8 (cage/car). Same as my fire arms (GUNS) views, . . . . .from my dead cold hands.

:mad0260::mad0259::headbang:

lol, . . . srrsly tho.:D

InvaderMoose 08-06-2010 04:31 PM

This thread reminds me of this shirt
http://www.gearheads4life.com/media/..._base__1_1.jpg

Really, I say hell to the environment as long as I get to listen to the roar of a v8. The only reason I got the 6 was I couldnt exactly afford a v8 at the time, now I'm looking to trade.

Sadly, I'm sure a day will come when everything is eco and boring.

Bourgui 08-06-2010 04:46 PM

I understand people's passion for V8s, but in truth, the real reasons seem to be nostalgia (i.e. that's what a muscle car is supposed to be), or the sound.

It's time to move on though, like all things, engines change and evolve - -otherwise we'd all be racing our carts around and travelling with steam-powered trains or boats! :laugh:

Heck, look at the Porsche concept - they actually announced this week it will indeed be produced - the 918 I think it is: 3.2 s 0-60, and 3L/100km. Now, it will obviously be a while until this kind of performance hits the production level of our Camaros, but it's the way forward. Not to mention the sooner they start working on it, the sooner it'll happen!

My 2 cents... ;)

d69chris 08-06-2010 04:46 PM

Camaros & Vettes need to have the V8. Will not be the same cars without it.:facepalm:

Where to you go for increased HP on a Turbo V6, aren't you just about done?:iono:

I heard Lambos are coming out with a direct injected turbod 4 banger........Who wants one?:laugh:

truth411 08-06-2010 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bourgui (Post 2190988)
I understand people's passion for V8s, but in truth, the real reasons seem to be nostalgia (i.e. that's what a muscle car is supposed to be), or the sound.

It's time to move on though, like all things, engines change and evolve - -otherwise we'd all be racing our carts around and travelling with steam-powered trains or boats! :laugh:

Heck, look at the Porsche concept - they actually announced this week it will indeed be produced - the 918 I think it is: 3.2 s 0-60, and 3L/100km. Now, it will obviously be a while until this kind of performance hits the production level of our Camaros, but it's the way forward. Not to mention the sooner they start working on it, the sooner it'll happen!

My 2 cents... ;)

IMVHO, What is the point of haveing a Twin turbo V6 in the vette in comparison to a D.I. version of the LS3??? The TTV6 won't weigh any lighter, It would probaly have less HP. (Jay leno concept TTV6 camaro only had 425hp.) Also fuel economy would largely be the same, since the Gen V v8 will have better fuel economy than the Gen IV which already makes 26mpg hwy. It actualy seems to me the real reason some people want a TTV6 in the Vette is because of nostalgia against OHV V8s. Because the benifits of a TTv6 over the Chevy small block are virtualy NON-EXISTANT!! IMVHO.

shockandawe 08-06-2010 05:25 PM

I'll dump my Camaro in a heartbeat for that Corvette!