CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   This time next year....... (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=314084)

jshaf 08-20-2013 06:12 PM

This time next year.......

....will we know what the new 6th gen will look like and maybe have some specs? will be in a position to buy a new SS but want to know what the next will look like before I buy

KMPrenger 08-20-2013 09:52 PM

Doubt we will know exactly what it looks like yet by this time next year. That said, I think if Chevy wanted to tease us with very discreet but cool shots of the car it may be a good move for them since Mustang is getting the first hurrah.

Aubrey64 08-20-2013 10:35 PM

If the next gen does come out in 2016, we probably won't know what it looks like until Spring of 2015

meissen 08-21-2013 06:59 AM

I doubt we'll see anything before the NAIAS January 2015.

Apex Motorsports 08-21-2013 08:35 AM

I suspect that by this time next year we will have heavily camouflaged "spy photos" and a lot of rumors. The 6th Gen is expected in 2015 as a 2016 model so I would agree with Meissen. We will probably see the official reveal at NAIAS in January 2015.

dorfmac 08-21-2013 10:19 AM

With the SS name going to it's own vehicle, will we still see it offered as a trim level/package on the Camaro?

jshaf 08-22-2013 07:10 PM

if I decide to wait til early 2015 to see what it will look like I will be nearly debt free other than the car payment I am currently in but it will be close to being paid off also. might just wait. hard decision. from here til then I am paying any and everything off I can. not a fan of the refresh to date, waiting to see if it grows on me. might have to go used on a 2013 if I hate the 2016's, Ugh!

meissen 08-23-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorfmac (Post 6923529)
With the SS name going to it's own vehicle, will we still see it offered as a trim level/package on the Camaro?

Purely speculation, but I don't see the "SS" trim package going away on any cars. The Chevy SS is meant to play on the fact that the other cars have the "SS" trim level - like saying the Chevrolet SS embodies what the "SS" trim level means on the rest of the vehicles. I don't know if that makes sense and I'm having a brain fart on how to describe what I have in my mind. :sm0:

solo40oz 08-23-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meissen (Post 6932342)
Purely speculation, but I don't see the "SS" trim package going away on any cars. The Chevy SS is meant to play on the fact that the other cars have the "SS" trim level - like saying the Chevrolet SS embodies what the "SS" trim level means on the rest of the vehicles. I don't know if that makes sense and I'm having a brain fart on how to describe what I have in my mind. :sm0:

Actually, if I remember correctly, I think I read somewhere that SS trim levels are going away.....so maybe Camaro SS will be replaced with Z28 (not Z/28) :)

BaylorCamaro 08-23-2013 11:01 AM

We aren't completely certain what the 2015 Mustang is going to look like yet. Sooo I'd say we won't know about the next gen Camaro until September-October of next year.

MustangMnky 08-27-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro (Post 6932678)
We aren't completely certain what the 2015 Mustang is going to look like yet. Sooo I'd say we won't know about the next gen Camaro until September-October of next year.

We do know what the front end will look like on the 2015 Mustang now

Pics http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=797

oklapike 08-29-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meissen (Post 6932342)

Good Lord, I hope not. The SS sedan just doesn't have the presence or the style to be the archetypal super sport. Heck, it doesn't even offer preformance brakes on all four wheels (or a manual transmission for that matter).

Quote:

Originally Posted by solo40oz (Post 6932452)
Actually, if I remember correctly, I think I read somewhere that SS trim levels are going away.....so maybe Camaro SS will be replaced with Z28 (not Z/28) :)

In a way, I suppose that makes sense. The Camaro would mirror the Corvette then (Camaro/Corvette, Z28/Z06, and ZL1/ZR1). That said, I sincerely hope the SS trim doesn't go away. I mean, Chevrolet just wouldn't be the same without SS models. That, and it's been around as an option since 1961, you shouldn't just throw that kind of history and heritage away (even if it has been tarnished from time to time: NA Cobalt, Malibu Maxx and W-body Impala).