CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   How Will GM Repeat Success with 2016 6th Gen Camaro? Al Oppenheiser Weighs In (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209699)

OldScoolCamaro 02-08-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael2000 (Post 6138919)
I think you are the first person I've heard say that, but everyone has their own tastes.

I obviously don't share that view, as I have owned so many of them, I have lost count.

Michael

...and I as well, but I was young then, and never thought what it would be like to be old... or knew what it would be like when I got there....but here I am, and I don't wanna go back...;)

Angrybird 12 02-08-2013 09:12 PM

As a former owner of 2 second Gen Camaros I feel like that body style would not translate well with modern tastes in cars. I loved both of mine but that styling played out and we moved on. The reason the 5 th Gen has proved so popular was because the First Gens are still considered by most people as the best looking Generation of Camaros. I feel that the new 6th gen Camaro should build on the styling of the current car, improving on the major complaints(weight, visibility, interior) maybe taking a few cues from the 2014 Corvette, such as instead of fake vents and Louvers by making them all functional, using LED technology in the lighting and even different options for seats like the Corvettes standard and competition seats.

OldScoolCamaro 02-08-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 (Post 6139072)
As a former owner of 2 second Gen Camaros I feel like that body style would not translate well with modern tastes in cars. I loved both of mine but that styling played out and we moved on. The reason the 5 th Gen has proved so popular was because the First Gens are still considered by most people as the best looking Generation of Camaros. I feel that the new 6th gen Camaro should build on the styling of the current car, improving on the major complaints(weight, visibility, interior) maybe taking a few cues from the 2014 Corvette, such as instead of fake vents and Louvers by making them all functional, using LED technology in the lighting and even different options for seats like the Corvettes standard and competition seats.

...agreed, well said...:thumbsup:

Bhobbs 02-08-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro (Post 6138888)

...Hobbs, you and I both know that is not true....I mean about the Mustang purchase..
Honestly, it should be a development of the 5th gen but smaller and lighter. I don't think we will see much of a HP bump. I unless GM puts out a few more V8s, I don't see how they will have a SS and Z/28.

...., it will be smaller and lighter as written, the standard V8 for the next gen Camaro is the LT1 450 HP 450 ftlb tq, impressive, with a new chassis architecture and weight reduction.

I wouldn't buy a Mustang but I wouldn't buy a 2nd gen based 6th gen Camaro. I'd restore a car instead or buy a used 4th or 5th gen.

I expect there to be a decent bump on performance due to the LT1 and a hopefully solid weight loss. The looks still have to be there before I would consider it.

If GM is able to take styling cues from the C7, I think it would be a good way of moving away from the retro theme.

OldScoolCamaro 02-08-2013 09:55 PM

...retro will be passe, the design will be progessive..., IMHO...

Bhobbs 02-09-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro (Post 6139215)
...retro will be passe, the design will be progessive..., IMHO...

The Camaro can move on from the retro theme and they can revive the Chevelle on the CTS platform. :thumbup:

Z06 motor as the base engine and ZR1 motor as the SS.

horizon670 02-11-2013 12:29 PM

Sorry ! It's too late . We've already filled our waiting list :)

urbancamarofan 02-13-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhobbs (Post 6139190)
I wouldn't buy a Mustang but I wouldn't buy a 2nd gen based 6th gen Camaro. I'd restore a car instead or buy a used 4th or 5th gen.

I expect there to be a decent bump on performance due to the LT1 and a hopefully solid weight loss. The looks still have to be there before I would consider it.

If GM is able to take styling cues from the C7, I think it would be a good way of moving away from the retro theme.

The Camaro needs to take styling cues from the C7.

FINALLYSATISFIED 02-13-2013 05:01 PM

Personally I believe they need to pick 15 new Camaro disciples for the 6th Gen. Keep things fresh and innovating. I'm not sure of the age groups, or height/weight average of them but I'd say new faces would be a good thing of different ethnic backgrounds, height/weight, etc.

Angrybird 12 02-13-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonny5cam (Post 4836587)
Have you ever seen a 70 1/2' steel split bumper camaro? Yes the later plastic bumper stuff wasn't the most appealing, but the steelies were beutiful.

Actually the 78-82 plastic bumper cars looked better than the 74-77 big aluminum bumpered cars. And I owned a 74, and also a 79... But I agree the 70 1/2 through 73 2nd gens looked the best of the second Gen. But the 6th gen should not look like them because that is the body style that got the dreaded "Mullet Mobile" designation started on the Camaro, we don't want to go back there.

knitetrain05 02-16-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bada (Post 4649151)
I hope its not the 2nd gen. I thought the were ugly.

Agreed

Camaro_hx 03-16-2013 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horizon670 (Post 6132158)
How about this one ?

This concept will be an ultimate killa!!!!!! HANDS DOWN IT WILL BE A TOP SELLER!

Wizard1183 03-16-2013 07:47 AM

Quote:

How about this one ?

Looks slick, but it's too 5th gen looking. It needs to be a little sleeker. Less corners.

2010SLVRBULIT 03-16-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

How about this one ?

has potential, but the halos are funny looking on that...

lbls1 03-16-2013 01:27 PM

GM has a fine line to balance with the camaro. GM has to stay true to the camaro's heritage with its design, but yet the camaro has to be modern enough in appearance and technology to compete with other cars in the market.

The camaro also has to maintain loyalty with its dried in the wool fan base; That loyalty includes keeping up with the Jones-Mustang bunch. All of the talk about camaro can't tread on the corvette's path will have to be carefully examined if the camaro intends to be a performance contender to the mustang. This will mean that the camaro will have to be designed and marketed effectively enough so that it will make itself distinctive from the corvette. In addition, the corvette people will have to realize that they are not exclusive to owning power, speed, and grip because there are a few players out there (notably the mustang) that will give it a run for the money. I say that its better to have more cars in the camp with power and speed to compete with the likes of other performance cars. Ultimately, this will mean that the camaro will need to be more than a pretty face, if it really intends to live up to its heritage by meeting and beating any challenge that the mustang (or others in the pony car genre) can put up.

2012-1822 04-28-2013 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro_h (Post 6292605)
This concept will be an ultimate killa!!!!!! HANDS DOWN IT WILL BE A TOP SELLER!

:happy0180:AGREED!

carlos@redline-motorsport 04-30-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

How about this one ?

That's a winner! Someone get that man a job at GM!:clap: