Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   85 Year Old Hits Gas And Not The Brakes!!!! WTF (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=452366)

Tunamanz 05-13-2016 06:57 PM

85 Year Old Hits Gas And Not The Brakes!!!! WTF

5 Attachment(s)
85 year old lady driving a Lexus and can barely walk rear ends another car on the street. They decide to pull into my wife's work parking lot to exchange info. The Lexus hits a bunch of landscape pavers near the building entrance and then floors the gas instead of hitting the brakes and slams into a parked Charger throwing it into our Camaro. There was a parking space in between the two cars and the impact moved them about 10 feet. The tow trucks have to pull the vehicles apart. The Lexus had about a 30-40 foot run at the parked cars. WTF SMH!!!!!!

At some point people should not be able to drive any longer! :frusty:

0331Marine 05-13-2016 06:59 PM

Looks like you might be getting a new car.....

Tunamanz 05-13-2016 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0331Marine (Post 9091303)
Looks like you might be getting a new car.....

Charger is definitely totaled. Not sure what they will do with our Camaro. There is suspension damage and not sure if there is any structural damage under the body panels. :doh:

68rssscamaro 05-13-2016 07:03 PM

Why oh why do they not re-evaluate elderly drivers is something I don't understand either. Looks like there is some serious damage done there, what a mess. Sorry to see this.

InTheMarket 05-13-2016 07:13 PM

She looks far too old to be on the road, man. Glad nobody was seriously hurt, sad to see about your Camaro, maybe this is your signal to go ahead and grab that 6th Gen you keep building on Chevy.com

Jackass 05-13-2016 07:26 PM

You car is as good as gone !

Skyset 05-13-2016 07:46 PM

Sorry to see man...and that Camaro looks totaled. Look at the rear axle :(

HELLsx 05-13-2016 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68rssscamaro (Post 9091310)

Why oh why do they not re-evaluate elderly drivers is something I don't understand either. Looks like there is some serious damage done there, what a mess. Sorry to see this.

THIS!!!

We get taxed and stolen with every new STUPID law implemented.... Now THIS, they could charge for exams etc and make their mone AND help security etc... But Nooooooooo!!! Why do something that could do some good!!!

Sorry for you brother.... Hope you have new car value insurance. Makes me feel good i took it (its usually stuff i dcline w/o even hearing of)

HELLsx

nobodyspecial 05-13-2016 08:09 PM

My guess is that she will be required to go through a driver eval after this event. It is a simple thing for a law enforcement officer to require, at least in my local.

68rssscamaro 05-13-2016 08:12 PM

I doubt it is totaled, has to be what at least 70% of the car value in damages I think. Keep us posted.

Welker2 05-13-2016 08:15 PM

Damn ... by the looks of your rear wheel in the one picture I'm guessing there was some serious rear axel, suspension and possible drive train damage, as well as other damage. Hope I'm wrong, but I'd say yours is going to be totaled as well.
As much as I love to drive & I know I'm going to hate when the day comes, but I agree, there comes a point when people need to hang up their keys.

scandata 05-13-2016 08:35 PM

I REALLY expected to see Florida plates on the cars. That happens a few times a year down here, but they usually drive into the front of a store. So how many tickets did she get - the only reason she was in your parking lot was because she'd already hit another car on the road!

two_wheel_mayhem 05-13-2016 09:03 PM

Usually they say the accelerator stuck (that happens a lot on old people's cars), and usually they say this after they have parked their car in the middle of the store.

We know better though.

Tunamanz 05-13-2016 09:06 PM

So her and the lady she rear ended pulled into that parking lot just to exchange information and then all that happened. Two totally different accidents back to back. The rear end accident was totally minor. The lady was cited for the street accident but the officer could not do anything to her because it was private property (parking lot) which is a load of horse shit if you ask me!

Charger just moved to Clearwater from California so that is why she has those plates. It was paid of with two more payments. Both other cars are Florida plates.

Honestly, with whatever damage is underneath a car fax with suspension damage pretty much kills the value of our car. I hope to hell they just total it.