CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Things I hope GM improves on the Gen 6 Camaro (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294949)

SteveV 10-07-2013 05:04 PM

I am confused about # 18. My 2013 1LE has covers over the visor mirrors. What year is your car?

I agree about dual climate controls. My wife likes the car colder than I do.

I love the less weight idea.

If they don't improve visibility, I'd like to see the blind spot warning system in the side mirrors like the 2014 Impala has.

Agree with the lumbar support also.

Other than that, I love my 2013 2SS 1LE. And, I might also point out that my center console cover is NOT hard plastic. So, it does not bother my elbow at all.

ssrs2lt 10-08-2013 08:45 AM

improve the paint, winshields, and less interior plastic.

2012-1822 03-27-2014 11:02 AM

In addition to all of the buttons currently on the steering wheel, which means I don't want lose any current functions, I would like radio seek up and down buttons on the steering wheel.

So that when traveling through new towns I can seek through the entire range of FM or AM without having to take my hands off the wheel. This would be a huge help.

Eich 03-28-2014 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaus08 (Post 6762284)
For me personally I'd my the E-Brake to the drivers side.

Or if not on the driver's side, please make it smaller and more polished looking. What we have right now is one big honkin' lever. We don't need that much leverage to pull the parking brake.

Bhobbs 03-28-2014 12:14 PM

The SS needs to bench marked off the 1LE at least. The SS handled poorly and had to be updated to the FE4 and further improved on with the 1LE.

Johnman 05-12-2014 07:35 AM

Chevy needs to switch the steering wheel controls. The entertainment controls should be on the left side, cruise control on the right, because if you have a manual transmission, you can adjust volume, etc. while shifting. You obviously would not be shifting while using the cruise control settings, so their placement on the right side would not be a problem.

LoganThirtyacre 05-22-2014 11:33 PM

RED INTERIOR OPTION FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!

BlueRay2ss 05-23-2014 09:48 AM

The logo on the steering wheel needs to go back to "camaro" not the gold bowtie. We know its a chevy, our Camaros are special and need to be personalized.

NotYetLegend 05-23-2014 11:25 AM

I would like to see more performance packages on the base SS other than just the 1LE. For instance the new Mustang has a performance package that replaces all the front rubber bushings with metal heim joints. How great is that? It's such a pain to make this change yourself and I would happily pay an extra $1,100 over 3 years for it.

Would REALLY like to see the LT1 come over to the SS (I think this will obviously happen) with an OEM oil catch can (DI's are bad about valve gunk...).

Please no 7 speed, please no 7 speed. It's just a silly amount of gears to mate up to a 6.2L v8...

Fix the damn clutch slave cylinder issues. It ruins the tranny and makes it shift crappy after maybe 50k. They spent so much effort to get this box rowing nicely (even synchro'd reverse) and then they let the clutch eat it? So dumb.

Find workers who can build/install a rear differential properly.

Magnetic ride option.

Better stability control package for track use please.

Better sound, the stock exhaust system is downright anti-american.

Resist all things retro. Perhaps chill out on the stupid gauge pack options.

Of course make it weigh less, this isn't even worth saying as it is a given GM will do this, it is in their best interest for economy and Alpha is lighter than Zeta.

Resist any silly front grille area chrome strips (2014 makeover and C7 are massive offenders in this category, the C7 looks like it's wearing head gear or a retainer or something).

Maybe 20" wheels as standard on the SS is a little too 50 cent. Reign that in a bit.

The steering wheel: why have the music controls on the right-hand side of the wheel? If your right hand is free the head unit is only 14" away... Music controls on the left (so you can use either hand) and cruise goes on the right. Can't believe this happened.

Don't "GM" the interior too bad. We don't need Recaro this and Sparco that and Momo over here all just for marketing, just don't GM it.

That is about it from me.

ChocoTaco369 05-23-2014 12:51 PM

1.) Make it a touch smaller and 300-400 lbs lighter. Get it to 4th gen weight dry. Yes, it can be done. These cars aren't just heavy, they're big. A couple inches shorter and an inch narrower goes a long way.

2.) Cupholders in the manual need to be relocated, or the shifter needs to be pushed up a touch. Personally I'd rather have the cup holders IN FRONT of the shifter than behind it.

3.) Increased visibility with sideview mirrors.

4.) The ceiling could stand to be 1-2 inches taller.

5.) Better syncros and shifter from the factory.

Other than that, I have zero complaints with the car. It's pretty much perfect other than that. It doesn't even need more power. It just needs less weight. Taking 300 lbs off would make a MASSIVE difference.

You Won't 05-23-2014 01:13 PM

Anybody seen the Need for Speed movie? I would like to see a hud like the one on that Shelby. It has the side mirrors and everything all combined in it. Would it cost more, who knows? I know it is just a movie but it is still cool and technology is "moving on up." A reduction in weight is a great idea. Really all of the ideas mentioned already are great. It is everyone's opion. It is not right or wrong, that is why it is called an opinion.

MikeT 05-23-2014 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 (Post 7688686)
1.) Make it a touch smaller and 300-400 lbs lighter. Get it to 4th gen weight dry. Yes, it can be done. These cars aren't just heavy, they're big. A couple inches shorter and an inch narrower goes a long way.

A 10% (~375 lb) haircut would indeed be awesome. I just don't see it happening though. My gut feeling tells me that we're looking at 5% at most... and when I'm really pessimistic, I figure we'll be lucky if it doesn't gain weight.

AFAIK, the weight numbers on the new Mustang still aren't out yet, but hope for significant weight loss pretty much seem to have evaporated among the Mustang faithful.

I'm not going to go so far as to say that weight loss isn't a priority for the powers that be (I'm sure it is a priority to some extent), but it seems like a lower priority than some other things, specifically adding a lot of new standard equipment and keeping prices affordable. And I guess I can understand that. A lot of buyers aren't really paying any attention to weight. They're looking at styling, price, equipment, fuel economy (sometimes). Of course, weight is actually related in various ways to all of those, but it doesn't really really sell cars.

NotYetLegend 05-23-2014 02:49 PM

There is no way the new Mustang is going to lose any weight from the current car. They knew they needed to improve rigidity AND as we all know they went to IRS. Both of those come at a premium. I would be very very surprised if the new stang doesn't weigh at least 80lbs more than the outgoing one. Maybe the 4 cyl will be less total curb weight but not the two carryovers. They never should have gotten everyone's hopes up with all that noise, it's not like the F-150

RandyT 05-24-2014 03:22 PM

Automatic option on the 6th Gen 1LE

Frank in MD 05-24-2014 05:14 PM

I can't believe this thread is still going....

2010SLVRBULIT 05-24-2014 05:32 PM

push start would be cool.

L99CAMA2011 05-24-2014 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotYetLegend (Post 7688438)
I would like to see more performance packages on the base SS other than just the 1LE. For instance the new Mustang has a performance package that replaces all the front rubber bushings with metal heim joints. How great is that? It's such a pain to make this change yourself and I would happily pay an extra $1,100 over 3 years for it.

Would REALLY like to see the LT1 come over to the SS (I think this will obviously happen) with an OEM oil catch can (DI's are bad about valve gunk...).

Please no 7 speed, please no 7 speed. It's just a silly amount of gears to mate up to a 6.2L v8...

Fix the damn clutch slave cylinder issues. It ruins the tranny and makes it shift crappy after maybe 50k. They spent so much effort to get this box rowing nicely (even synchro'd reverse) and then they let the clutch eat it? So dumb.

Find workers who can build/install a rear differential properly.

Magnetic ride option.

Better stability control package for track use please.

Better sound, the stock exhaust system is downright anti-american.

Resist all things retro. Perhaps chill out on the stupid gauge pack options.

Of course make it weigh less, this isn't even worth saying as it is a given GM will do this, it is in their best interest for economy and Alpha is lighter than Zeta.

Resist any silly front grille area chrome strips (2014 makeover and C7 are massive offenders in this category, the C7 looks like it's wearing head gear or a retainer or something).

Maybe 20" wheels as standard on the SS is a little too 50 cent. Reign that in a bit.

The steering wheel: why have the music controls on the right-hand side of the wheel? If your right hand is free the head unit is only 14" away... Music controls on the left (so you can use either hand) and cruise goes on the right. Can't believe this happened.

Don't "GM" the interior too bad. We don't need Recaro this and Sparco that and Momo over here all just for marketing, just don't GM it.

That is about it from me.

" For instance the new Mustang has a performance package that replaces all the front rubber bushings with metal heim joints." Are you sure?

NotYetLegend 05-24-2014 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L99CAMA2011 (Post 7692133)
" For instance the new Mustang has a performance package that replaces all the front rubber bushings with metal heim joints." Are you sure?

Read this: http://m.motortrend.com/roadtests/co.../photo_01.html

Quote: That track package eliminates all rubber from the front suspension links responsible for transmitting lateral forces from the tires to the chassis, replacing them with metal-to-metal ball joints.

Tpimike 05-26-2014 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnman (Post 7657025)
Chevy needs to switch the steering wheel controls. The entertainment controls should be on the left side, cruise control on the right, because if you have a manual transmission, you can adjust volume, etc. while shifting. You obviously would not be shifting while using the cruise control settings, so their placement on the right side would not be a problem.

This is the reason I don't use the steering controls. They just seem to be awkward to use. Hate to say it but way better in a Honda Accord I used to own.

Speeddesignz 05-28-2014 09:00 PM

Simple ...

add even more HP .. that's All I need

push button start would be cool though.

dookie454 05-28-2014 09:47 PM

Hope they add Stow n Go

MLAZ1990 05-28-2014 09:55 PM

#24 turbo or supercharge v6 models!

ChocoTaco369 05-28-2014 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandyT (Post 7691282)
Automatic option on the 6th Gen 1LE

lol. Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of the 1LE?

grocerygetter 05-28-2014 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 (Post 7701914)
lol. Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of the 1LE?

Yeah...if I was getting a 1LE I would start off a 1SS and add Recaros and that's it.

ghostrider2 05-28-2014 10:59 PM

Move the ebrake making it old skool putting it on the left side floor to use with your left foot freeing up console space. Move the stereo/Nav unit up higher a little bit. Less interior plastic. Thread color option, nothing worse than a ZL1 that is yellow and the interior thread is red! GET RIDE OF THE YELLOW BOWTIE! Bring back the classic Camaro badge! Battery in the truck, Really!!! move it back to the front!