Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Best Camaro SS Axle Back Exhast (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=482677)

actor2120 02-01-2017 12:35 PM

Best Camaro SS Axle Back Exhast

Hey everyone! I have a 2013 Camaro SS (with cold air intake and ground effects if that makes a difference.) I'm wanting an axle back exhaust system to make my car sound meaner, but I don't want anything that makes my car sound stupid or like something is wrong with it. Sometimes muscle cars rev when they pass me, and I think to myself "That sounded crappy, not cool," so I'm trying to avoid that, but I would like to sound more badass and intimidating. In your opinion, what should I get? Thanks for the help!

Jmann356 02-01-2017 12:51 PM

Muffler delet honestly. Sounds nice and deep and isn't super loud. Take a look on YouTube. Other than that a lot of people seem to like the Solo axel back with J pipes

cc-rider 02-01-2017 12:54 PM

Flowmaster American Thunder...or Pro Series. Both are great sounding axle back options.

But...sound is a preference thing and you need to decide for yourself. Youtube is your best friend.

VR Baron 02-01-2017 01:11 PM

Magnaflow. Flow master outlaws but drone is bad

Rob Russell 02-01-2017 03:05 PM

It's all preference. I had the magnaflow street series with my LT's and it was too much cab noise for me. So, me personally, wanted something quite on the inside (drone), but screamed at WOT. The only three I have found to work are Borla's S-Type, Flowmaster's Delta Force II (which I have), and anything corsa. I have two other buddies who one has the corsa extreme and the other with the s-type. Both scream at WOT, but super quiet inside the cab when you cruise. Again, it's preference. Another friend of mine has the borla atak, way too loud (IMO). Like cc-rider mentioned, check out YouTube and see what you like best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GodWentPunk 02-01-2017 03:14 PM

The CAI will help give you a little more rumble in your tone. If these are the only mods, then a muffler delete is a nice option... in fact, this is what I will be doing in the spring. If you've done other mods to your car (cam, headers, cats... etc) then a muffler delete will drone and drive you crazy. Please keep in mind that any changes to your exhaust system will cause your AFM to be much more noticeable. I got the Range to keep my SS in v8 mode all the time.

Good luck,

joe...

KS2013 02-01-2017 03:58 PM

Bora Attack. Not too loud.. NO Drone At all

SneakySS 02-02-2017 09:54 AM

Hooker BlackHeart exhaust

Rob Russell 02-02-2017 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SneakySS (Post 9537938)
Hooker BlackHeart exhaust

I'm not sure how this one sounds inside the cab, but on YouTube it sounds amazing!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fier23 02-03-2017 12:21 AM

My Hooker Blackheart quad tip muffler delete race only cat back exhaust arrives tomorrow. I'll let you know how it is. With my mods it should sound incredible.

BlackMaro14 02-03-2017 04:13 AM

Depends on what you like, if you want raspiness go with corsa ... if you want a more deep tone, go with borla or flowmaster.

racesloth 02-03-2017 06:22 AM

I had ARH 1 7/8 LTs / Corsa and loved it but too loud for the neighbors. I then went to a Magnaflow resonated x-pipe and borla S-type - now it is too quiet but still sounds great at wot. So... I am going to leave the magna flow X and put the Corsa muflers back on.

The Corsa sounded so great at wot. My buddy has a a full Kooks LT 3" cat back system on and he like his better at idle but my orig Corsa at WOT - he said it sounded like heaven being ripped open - LOL

actor2120 02-07-2017 09:24 AM

Thanks everyone for the help! I totally appreciate your input!

STALKER 02-07-2017 09:32 AM

If you ask 50 guys, you will get 50 opinions. Best thing to do is narrow down your choices and ask to hear someone's car who has the same set-up in person. Youtube vids don't do justice most of the time.