CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   2015 Camaro redesign? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=343045)

camaro2lt 02-20-2014 09:39 PM

Theres no way they would do a 2015 redesign..........6th gen is close! I think we will see it unveiled at the Detroit auto show. I also think that the design is done and they have parts being made now (preproduction) I really do hope to do a big reveal like they did for mustang.

CRTZL1 02-21-2014 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro2lt (Post 7437992)
Theres no way they would do a 2015 redesign..........6th gen is close! I think we will see it unveiled at the Detroit auto show. I also think that the design is done and they have parts being made now (preproduction) I really do hope to do a big reveal like they did for mustang.

+1
Hey Richie!
I would have to definitely agree with you.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

toehead93 02-21-2014 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 7436481)
That said...I think the next gen Camaro SS target weight should be right around 3,600 - 3,650 lbs or less.

It will be because it is based on the ATS chassis which starts at 3,400lbs with the I-4 engine. As for the gen 6 it is pretty well known although not officially to be released in 2015 as a 2016 MY. We should see sneak peaks at the end of this year and I will put money on NIAS 2015 for the official release. And don't count on any change to 2015 to be shocking.

Mr. Wyndham 02-21-2014 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toehead93 (Post 7438620)
It will be because it is based on the ATS chassis which starts at 3,400lbs with the I-4 engine. As for the gen 6 it is pretty well known although not officially to be released in 2015 as a 2016 MY. We should see sneak peaks at the end of this year and I will put money on NIAS 2015 for the official release. And don't count on any change to 2015 to be shocking.

I think you're right on the money!

Johnman 02-21-2014 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WATCHER (Post 7434867)
Look at the release of the 2015 ATS Coupe as a harbinger of the 2016 Camaro. GM will want to shake out the Coupe's build in the factory. Smooth out wrinkles in production.
Economies of scale could indicate the Camaro will be right on its heels.

2015 Mustang wheelbase is 107.1", 3500 lbs. Adding the IRS cancelled all weight loss elsewhere. Nearly a net zero pounds change from the 2014. Wheelbase did not change.
Platform is fundamentally unchanged. Contrary to Ford intentional disinformation, for 2005, the Mustang was NOT based on the DEW/LS/Thunderbird/Jaguar platform and was designed from scratch. There was not enough structural support for the larger V8 blocks, superchargers, et al. Which is why you never saw a 4.6 liter in an LS Lincoln. The investment in the Mustang platform still needs to be milked. GM has known this for some time. So take that as a target to meet or BEAT.

The pictures of the back seat of the ATS Coupe remind me of my 2006 Mustang GT.
The ATS wheelbase is 109.3...size often is an indicator of weight. Do not expect the Camaro to be larger than that. The Camaro needs to lose 250 lbs just to break even with the Mustang as it was/is an excellent design. The ATS Coupe is the direction...and a VERY good one for Camaro.
The only concern would be the space available for the larger motors. BUT...I've seen V-8s in VEGAs and Monzas. (Not Las Vegas).
Current CTS Coupe is 500lbs over a reasonable target weight...and it is being carried over (so I hear)...it is already 250 over the average Camaro. There is a next-gen CTS SEDAN is coming, but the ATS-Camaro will come first. (if I read everything right.)

Soooooo.....the ATS Coupe is a VERY CONSERVATIVE car to not scare customers away, and the Camaro will likely be "Extroverted". Let us hope and pray it doesn't have the Mustang's new nose, cheese-slicer-carved back end, and 7 lines just to define the hood.
Busy and ugly we don't want. Elegant, Definitive, Recognizable, Extroverted should be the goals.

Mustang sales went up in January after people saw the busy-ugly new one.

The next gen CTS sedan has already hit the streets; did you mean coupe?

IowaGuy 02-21-2014 12:33 PM

If the cars selling why would they make another gen? It seems like the last gen of vettes stuck around forever (and felt dated )

Wizard1183 02-21-2014 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhobbs (Post 7437465)
That would mean that there would not be a 2016 MY. The plant that produces the Camaro now stops production of it in 2015.

Taken from wiki:
On December 19, 2012 GM announced that the Camaro would return to being made in America, as production of the Camaro would be shifted to the Lansing Grand River Assembly Plant in Michigan, citing "lower capital investment and improved production efficiencies" as "key factors" in the move.[22] This move is expected to start in late 2015 or early 2016.[23]

So I guess we'll see spy pics in dec/jan 2015? Should be earlier. Yet no true concept has come out yet. I'd have to say this yr if we don't see actual pics of either spy or a true concept it won't be a 2016.

The camaro concept revealed itself in 06, production began in 09. Of course that's bringing back a car and not just a new design. December we should have news on it.

OldScoolCamaro 02-22-2014 12:36 AM

Agreed. It is amongst us and we have not seen hide nor hide. Loose lips sink ships <and end careers>. Mid to end of this year spy shots, with an announcement at NAIS.

lbls1 02-23-2014 12:51 AM

The 6th gen should be the star of '15's NYIAS!!! Can't wait.

WHAMMO 02-23-2014 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WATCHER (Post 7434867)
Look at the release of the 2015 ATS Coupe as a harbinger of the 2016 Camaro. GM will want to shake out the Coupe's build in the factory. Smooth out wrinkles in production.
Economies of scale could indicate the Camaro will be right on its heels.

2015 Mustang wheelbase is 107.1", 3500 lbs. Adding the IRS cancelled all weight loss elsewhere. Nearly a net zero pounds change from the 2014. Wheelbase did not change.
Platform is fundamentally unchanged. Contrary to Ford intentional disinformation, for 2005, the Mustang was NOT based on the DEW/LS/Thunderbird/Jaguar platform and was designed from scratch. There was not enough structural support for the larger V8 blocks, superchargers, et al. Which is why you never saw a 4.6 liter in an LS Lincoln. The investment in the Mustang platform still needs to be milStiked. GM has known this for some time. So take that as a target to meet or BEAT.

The pictures of the back seat of the ATS Coupe remind me of my 2006 Mustang GT.
The ATS wheelbase is 109.3...size often is an indicator of weight. Do not expect the Camaro to be larger than that. The Camaro needs to lose 250 lbs just to break even with the Mustang as it was/is an excellent design. The ATS Coupe is the direction...and a VERY good one for Camaro.
The only concern would be the space available for the larger motors. BUT...I've seen V-8s in VEGAs and Monzas. (Not Las Vegas).
Current CTS Coupe is 500lbs over a reasonable target weight...and it is being carried over (so I hear)...it is already 250 over the average Camaro. There is a next-gen CTS SEDAN is coming, but the ATS-Camaro will come first. (if I read everything right.)

Soooooo.....the ATS Coupe is a VERY CONSERVATIVE car to not scare customers away, and the Camaro will likely be "Extroverted". Let us hope and pray it doesn't have the Mustang's new nose, cheese-slicer-carved back end, and 7 lines just to define the hood.
Busy and ugly we don't want. Elegant, Definitive, Recognizable, Extroverted should be the goals.

Mustang sales went up in January after people saw the busy-ugly new one.

There is no official weight on the Mustang 15' because its heavier. And there was a V8 Lincoln LS. And the Mustang do not weight 3500lbs...its like saying the 5th gen weight 3699lbs.

The only lighter Mustang is the 4cyl, it seems.

FenwickHockey65 02-23-2014 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaGuy (Post 7439197)
If the cars selling why would they make another gen? It seems like the last gen of vettes stuck around forever (and felt dated )

Oh please tell me you're not serious.

Mr. Wyndham 02-23-2014 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 7436656)
It's hard to say. It's a little odd that we haven't seen a mule or anything yet.

Once the IVERs are out, it'll be about a year to reveal.

I'd be willing to bet there are some Camaro-chassi-fied ATSs rolling around that nobody would ever recognize...:bellyroll:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wizard1183 (Post 7439806)
Taken from wiki:
On December 19, 2012 GM announced that the Camaro would return to being made in America, as production of the Camaro would be shifted to the Lansing Grand River Assembly Plant in Michigan, citing "lower capital investment and improved production efficiencies" as "key factors" in the move.[22] This move is expected to start in late 2015 or early 2016.[23]

So I guess we'll see spy pics in dec/jan 2015? Should be earlier. Yet no true concept has come out yet. I'd have to say this yr if we don't see actual pics of either spy or a true concept it won't be a 2016.

The camaro concept revealed itself in 06, production began in 09. Of course that's bringing back a car and not just a new design. December we should have news on it.

Most continuing-production cars do not have a "true concept". Don't look for one - it probably will never be viewed by public eyes (if it exists if full-sized form at all)

OldScoolCamaro 02-24-2014 12:46 AM

...something is fishy In Denmark no doubt.....we are closer than one would like to think <it's being played verrry close to the vest>...and to the why we gotta change crowd...I bet they said the same freakin' thing about Model A's............sheeesh.

CruisingSpeed 02-24-2014 12:49 AM

I may be going out on a limb, but maybe a Z/28 is in store? Lol