CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Future Camaro Powered By Turbo V6 and DCT Transmission, Like C7 Corvette? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99132)

kidddogbites 08-08-2010 08:46 PM

well im fine with a turbo v6 option but GM has to keep the v8 in the Camaro and the Corvette as the base engine. But if GM does make the ss or the z28 a turbo v6 then i will but one and then i will put in a 572 and make it faster then a funny car and it will get .01 MPG, e mail it to gm and tell tell them this is what happens when GM sells me a 6 cylinder camaro SS

halo8hkk 08-08-2010 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v6sonoma (Post 2190577)
I would be ok with it as a base engine option but if their's no V8 option I'll be pissed. Whack us with a gas guzzler tax. I don't care, but give me my V8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:word::bow::chevy:

truth411 08-09-2010 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EJWheelerIV (Post 2191396)
Not at the present moment... but as I implied earlier you need to look farther down the road than 6 months. There needs to be a vast improvement of the combustion engine. When gas climbs to $7 a gallon and all your getting is 24-28 mpg in your v8 and there is a modified V6 making 30s with very close performance outputs and similar costs. Its not hard to see where the majority will fall. Where the majority goes the money and the companies will follow.

Im just saying everyone needs to look at the whole picture not just my car sounds better than yours.

I disagree with your assesment, The C7 Vette is expected to go on a significant Diet (I will Guess about 300lbs, The GS wieghs 3350lbs). In combination with a Gen V V8, it would not surprise me if the C7 Vette hits 30mpg hwy. Also a 425hp TT 3.6 v6 would be on par with the performance of the current LS3. If displacement Stays the same for the C7, a 6.2 D.I. V8 could be around 500hp.

DragonCamaro 08-10-2010 04:49 PM

srry but the Corvette Fanboys wont let them have anything less then a V8 granted a turbo v6 could be cool....I'm just one that think a V8 is best for the Corvette and of course our SS's

bigearl 08-10-2010 05:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 153270

Smell the return of the blue flame bitches! (Yes, that's an old school 'vette 6).

I thought the 5.5 litre was go, so I'm thinking it's bunk.

--but:

Everyone points out the HWY mpg for 'vettes, but their combined isn't so great.

Electric turbos, variable vane turbos, etc- very possible and easier to achieve some sort of economy vs sport mode that is meaningful. A 2800 lb car that gets 25/35 in 250hp economy mode, then you flip the switch and have 600lbs of torque- that's appealing.

No one really knows the weight of the supposed v6 and people have already declared it heavier. Who knows?

The new EPA rules are based heavily on wheelbase and track size so maybe GM is trying really hard to figure out some packaging. That's pure speculation-but I wouldn't doubt it.

If GM was coming out with a WOW engine that they want to showcase- what vehicle would be better to showcase it in?

The 'vette has always been the place for GM's premiere engines, those have been 8s, but that doesn't mean their most highly developed engine will always be the 8. What if GM develops a monster TTV6 and they can't put it in the 'vette. People would be screaming if something other than the 'vette had a more powerful engine.

It's a sports car not a muscle car, so performance is more mandatory than a v8.

TXCSSU 04-28-2022 06:59 PM

No. :scared0016:

TP2SS 04-28-2022 10:17 PM

Perhaps a new record for oldest thread resurrection!

samurai 04-29-2022 03:50 AM

Finding a 12 year old topic and then post just one word. wow, just wow :first:

redcoats1976 04-29-2022 04:01 AM

yepers,all speculation about the C8 vette has been laid to rest...

TXCSSU 04-29-2022 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TP2SS (Post 11167341)
Perhaps a new record for oldest thread resurrection!

Quote:

Originally Posted by samurai (Post 11167373)
Finding a 12 year old topic and then post just one word. wow, just wow :first:

With a purpose though. I thought it was funny to see how off base some people were. I think it's interesting that people saw a TTV6 and sure, it's something that Cadillac received, and gets called out for consistently when the new CT4-V blacking is reviewed. I figured it could be a reminder to all the other threads that speculate about the"doom and gloom" with GM's direction.

SomeGeoffGuy 04-29-2022 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXCSSU (Post 11167440)
With a purpose though. I thought it was funny to see how off base some people were. I think it's interesting that people saw a TTV6 and sure, it's something that Cadillac received, and gets called out for consistently when the new CT4-V blacking is reviewed. I figured it could be a reminder to all the other threads that speculate about the"doom and gloom" with GM's direction.

They were talking about Dodge and didn't know it! Twin turbos all around!

-Geoff