CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Over The Hill Gang , Old Farts with Young Cars (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51820)

skipinminn 05-01-2013 09:47 PM

HRS <<<<<<OUCH NOT GOOD :(

lightning 05-01-2013 11:23 PM

Glad you have a good attitude about it Ruby. Your Camaro will help keep you young. Just have fun while you can.

HRS - gee that glass broke in a pretty pattern. Glad you'll have it fixed in a hurry.

dianeokie 05-01-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubyCamaro (Post 6492523)
Sooooooooooooo, I got my heartscan results and in the span of 5 years I have gone from having the heart of a 40 year old to having the heart of a 70 year old. :frown: I am pretty much doing all I can now, cholesterol & other blood work is good but we will double my simvastatin anyway. Genetics sucks! :frusty: But at least I know instead of having it sneek up on me like it did my mother. Oh well, all the more reason to have fun now!

Sorry Jan. I know you've been working extra hard to lose weight. Age really gets us sometimes. Keep doing what you're doing that makes you happy, try not to stress about things you can't control........and keep going to your dance class. Get some of that aerobic activity going!

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotrodsally (Post 6494129)
Happy Wednesday Evening All.

Jan, sorry the news is not ideal; life is now so just go for it. Nice Sunset, BTW.

Tomorrow I have the window replacement guy coming over to replace a broken slider pane, compliments of vandals. It happened during the day on Monday while I was at work...Thank God it wasn't Sally or I'd be really pi$$ed.

They didn't get in the house or take anything off the patio as it is enclosed; I don't think that was their intent. I think it was just kids screwing around, throwing rocks.

The glass guy is bringing the new exterior tempered pane, installing it and will clean up and haul the broken glass away for $370. It's not covered by insurance (1K deductible) but I'm grateful that it wasn't worse.

Here are some pics and by this time tomorrow, it should be good as new:

That's upsetting I know. Are you going to try to beef up your security?:iono:

RubyCamaro 05-02-2013 06:39 AM

Good morning crew. It is the anniversary of the huge flood in middle Tennessee and with rivers just barely back into their banks from the last round of rain, we are expecting more today and tomorrow (actually rain in the forcast for the next 7 days). There are hundreds of folks lined up to go into the Grand Ol' Opry House for the Memorial service for George Jones. Quite a few Country music stars are slated to perform & many more to attend. He was much loved by them.

For me it is just another day of work. It is kind of chilly this morning and I really need my coffee. I'm definately going to sleep in some this weekend. Have a good day everyone.

69supersport396 05-02-2013 09:45 AM

Good morning gang.

Jan, I remember the news footage of the flooded Grand Ol' Opry. We've been there a few times. So sad.

Linda, glad nothing else was damaged and nothing was stolen.

VERY windy here in the valley today. Temps will be in the 90's. Hope all of the pollen is blown away. :smiling1:

Mr Twisty 05-02-2013 11:19 AM

I feel like the baker.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyZtMfMWONI

RubyCamaro 05-02-2013 08:05 PM

Good evening. It was a pretty busy day but not too bad. There were a few scattered showers about but I managed to miss them all. The same routine for most of the day tomorrow then rain starting in the evening, continuing al day Saturday & into Sunday. We are expecting another 3-5 inches dumping into just barely back in their banks rivers. NOT GOOD. It looks like Ruby will have to get a waterless bath again. I held off last weekend hoping for a full wash this weekend but not looking good. I don't want to leave the bugs on there any longer as they tend to etch the paint. But at least it's almost FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hotrodsally 05-02-2013 08:13 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Thanks everyone for your concern.

The Glass guy was here by 9 AM and after 90 minutes things were better than before. The Tech replace the wheels on the frame (for an extra fee, of course) and improved the operation a bazillion per cent.

Here is the saga before, during and after.

Hope everyone has a great evening!

RubyCamaro 05-02-2013 08:40 PM

Great news! Glad it is all fixed up better than ever.

zandron263 05-02-2013 09:04 PM

It's just beautiful here the last few days and should be for the next week. Sunny and 75-80. We are going to drive the Camaro to Cleveland on Sat for an afternoon ball game. I should be able to enjoy a lot of top down time.

It's actually a little dry here so I turned on the sprinkler system for the summer. My new roof is done it only took them a half day to tear off and reroof. They had about 10 guys working on it. Next will be a new shed and moving the vegetable garden. I am going with a bigger shed so I need to relocate the garden so the new shed will fit.

I am looking forward to the weekend I have been on call all week and have been called off hours every night this week so far. On the bright side the OT in the paycheck will be nice I should get in about 10 hours this week.

Ladybugsmom 05-02-2013 09:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got a nice surprise in the mail today! I love my job and the people I work with and for :D

dianeokie 05-02-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zandron263 (Post 6498315)
It's just beautiful here the last few days and should be for the next week. Sunny and 75-80. We are going to drive the Camaro to Cleveland on Sat for an afternoon ball game. I should be able to enjoy a lot of top down time.

It's actually a little dry here so I turned on the sprinkler system for the summer. My new roof is done it only took them a half day to tear off and reroof. They had about 10 guys working on it. Next will be a new shed and moving the vegetable garden. I am going with a bigger shed so I need to relocate the garden so the new shed will fit.

I am looking forward to the weekend I have been on call all week and have been called off hours every night this week so far. On the bright side the OT in the paycheck will be nice I should get in about 10 hours this week.

TGIAF (Thank God It's Almost Friday)!

Zandron.........how can New York have that kind of weather and we're in the deep south and have chilly 60's with drizzle?:sad0147:

RubyCamaro 05-02-2013 10:19 PM

Good night & sweet dreams everyone. Have a great Friday!

69supersport396 05-02-2013 11:43 PM

Hey gang!

Great to read some good happenings this evening!

A package containing Camaro parts is on the way! Should arrive here Tuesday sometime. :thumbup: