CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Things I hope GM improves on the Gen 6 Camaro (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294949)

Bhobbs 05-28-2014 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 (Post 7701914)
lol. Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of the 1LE?

Yes but people don't care. They just want the fancy wheels and hood wrap but have no interest in its track performance.

classicrockr 05-29-2014 06:18 AM

I'd like them to make it so the seats can recline all the way. Some mornings I get to work early, just laying there with the top down & the tunes cranked up would be great!

KMPrenger 05-29-2014 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostrider2 (Post 7702061)
... Battery in the truck, Really!!! move it back to the front!

I kind of like the battery back there....well of course unless you need to change it and the truck is full of stuff lol....but I don't have to deal with that.

Battery back there helps weight distribution, gives more room to work in the engine bay, and makes hooking up an amp for a stereo a breeze. :)

ghostrider2 05-29-2014 01:03 PM

Or does make it easier for amp hook up! But I travel allot and, I don't feel comfortable driving cross country without a spare tire, move the battery so an acceptable spare will fit back there! (Yes that space itself needs to be a little bigger) I agree also seats need to recline way further back, maybe GM just doesn't want ghetto wanna be gangsta thugs driving camaros.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

HDRDTD 05-29-2014 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostrider2 (Post 7703298)
Or does make it easier for amp hook up! But I travel allot and, I don't feel comfortable driving cross country without a spare tire, move the battery so an acceptable spare will fit back there! (Yes that space itself needs to be a little bigger) I agree also seats need to recline way further back, maybe GM just doesn't want ghetto wanna be gangsta thugs driving camaros.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

The main reason most Camaro's don't come with a pare tire has to do with the size of the depression in the trunk where the spare is supposed to go vs. the size of the wheel/tire itself.

If you have a base Camaro with the 18" wheels, you can order a spare tire. But if you have the larger 20" wheels and the brembo brakes, then the wheel/tire required to clear the brembo breaks along with the 20" tire, then they just won't fit in the same space. Thus you get the can off goo and a small pump.

However, maybe they'll just go to a 20" tire on all the models, and size the depression in the trunk accordingly so a spare would fit.

Then again the usual argument for no spare (in addition to saving weight) is that most people either have OnStar or Chevy's road side assistance, or a cell phone they can use to call someone.

Plus, how often do people get flat tires these days?

TommyTheCat 05-29-2014 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDRDTD (Post 7703475)
Plus, how often do people get flat tires these days?

uh... very often?
I live in the desert, I've had two flat tires in the past 3 years. That's enough of a reason I need a spare. Luckily neither time was with my Camaro

ssrs2lt 05-29-2014 06:11 PM

I would like an improved suspension like in zl1. put it in all engines as an option.

kellyjrt 05-31-2014 06:17 PM

offer better upgrade suspension and brake package upgrades for the v6. like a 1le package for the v6. make a shifter like the zl1 for the v6. get rid of the ugly plastic around the center stack and screen and integrate it better into the dash. it sticks out to much and put some angle on it. put a pause feature on the cd/mp3 player

Emig5m 05-31-2014 10:03 PM

• More durable paint that resists chips and scratches.
  • Stronger air conditioning.
  • More torque/horsepower.
  • Turbo/Supercharger option for V6.
  • I like the fighter jet like cockpit of the current gen, please no truck cockpit like the stang.
  • Please no bland Euro body style like the new stang! And I like a big car, just feel safer in one, please don't make it smaller! People who want a smaller and lighter car just buy a smaller and lighter car! I don't want a smart car like Camaro or cramped feeling KIA sephia!
  • Keep even the most base model looking good like it is now!

Decepticon1069 06-03-2014 06:13 PM

I would like the color touch screen tilted more facing me like in the new Corvette Stingrays. I spend far too much time ****ing with my screen than looking at the road.

camaro2lt 06-03-2014 10:12 PM

Friend brought this up the other day when he was in my car and I thought it was a good idea.......As the engine gets louder you have the option to set your radio to get louder to reduce engine background noise. Daily drivers might love that!

i2disturbedSS 06-04-2014 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro2lt (Post 7716664)
Friend brought this up the other day when he was in my car and I thought it was a good idea.......As the engine gets louder you have the option to set your radio to get louder to reduce engine background noise. Daily drivers might love that!

If I'm reading this right - My car does that and when I slow down the volume goes down. A lot of cars have this feature.

dgriddick 06-11-2014 05:53 AM

Offer only V8 models with mod options affordable.. Camaros are muscle cars not Toyota competitors for gas mileage
RS models with hide away headlights or a customer installable option under 1500 bucks
Header option from the factory
Bigger cams from the factory
Make the 2010-2013 look return, smaller grill is ugly looks like 88 Iroc
go back to the 2010-2013 taillights
Stop trying to make it a European car.. its not..
Lose sunroofs.. it was terrible back in the day to cut holes in the sunroofs in muscle cars
fuel gauge in the console cluster in place of a manual tranny temp gauge
Flowmaster or other non restrictive exhaust as an option

screamin chicken 06-11-2014 05:57 AM

Keep the Camaro body like it is now, and keep the cheap plastic int. out of it, that is the only way I will ever buy a F body ever again.......

L&M CAMARO 6 06-11-2014 07:42 AM

Camaro needs to go on a serious weight reduction program.
There are now light weight steel for automotive use. Not all need a huge heavy engine under the hood. And should do a redesign of the interior, the gage cluster is outdated.

DenverTaco07 06-13-2014 08:03 PM

Recall of 528 thousand camaro due to possible driver hitting key fob means they need to find a way to start the car without inserting a key....I wish a technology existed that would solve this.

PUSH BUTTON START!!!!

Seriously...I get so annoyed by many makes and models don't have this.

duck899 06-13-2014 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 (Post 7743186)
Recall of 528 thousand camaro due to possible driver hitting key fob means they need to find a way to start the car without inserting a key....I wish a technology existed that would solve this.

PUSH BUTTON START!!!!

Seriously...I get so annoyed by many makes and models don't have this.

The technology exists, its called keyless start, its available next year on skidoo snowmobiles. Its a key fob that you carry in your pocket that emits a signal telling the car when you are inside or within 3-4 feet. Then you just push a button.
On the sleds it acts like a tether, and when you fall off, the engine shuts down.
I think infinity already uses the technology.

DenverTaco07 06-13-2014 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duck899 (Post 7743250)
The technology exists, its called keyless start, its available next year on skidoo snowmobiles. Its a key fob that you carry in your pocket that emits a signal telling the car when you are inside or within 3-4 feet. Then you just push a button.
On the sleds it acts like a tether, and when you fall off, the engine shuts down.
I think infinity already uses the technology.

I guess my sarcasm didn't come thru.

Every car priced at more than 30k should have this...As it has been around for several years.

Anyway...hope they have it for gen6.

Camar05 06-14-2014 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 (Post 7743717)
I guess my sarcasm didn't come thru.

Every car priced at more than 30k should have this...As it has been around for several years.

Anyway...hope they have it for gen6.

Shit, you can get a 20k Nissan Sentra with push to start!

NotYetLegend 06-16-2014 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotYetLegend (Post 7689034)
There is no way the new Mustang is going to lose any weight from the current car. They knew they needed to improve rigidity AND as we all know they went to IRS. Both of those come at a premium. I would be very very surprised if the new stang doesn't weigh at least 80lbs more than the outgoing one. Maybe the 4 cyl will be less total curb weight but not the two carryovers. They never should have gotten everyone's hopes up with all that noise, it's not like the F-150

Bahahaha, who called it?

Read it and weep guys: http://blog.caranddriver.com/dont-wo...s-are-minimal/

Here's the quote: Ford says the upcoming V-8 GT model equipped with a six-speed manual will start at 3704 pounds, just 86 more than it claimed for a base 2014 manual GT

86lbs! Sorry I was off by 6 pounds... I'll try to do better next time

G-Mann 06-23-2014 09:39 AM

I think GM is on the right track, all they need to do is not screw it up. I would love to see a vette inspired world class interior on the gen 6 camaro. I think that is another opportunity for GM to best the competition. The 2015 challenger interior refresh was nicely done.

songsj 07-13-2014 09:17 PM

I'd like to see some better color choices. That has been my one disappointment of the Gen 5, So bad that I had to buy Summit White!!!

anotherreject 07-15-2014 09:20 AM

T-tops

addisonpeterson 07-15-2014 03:28 PM

Improve Visibility. Its hard changing lanes especially on the left side.

PalmerGA 07-21-2014 12:51 PM

** Change that stupid oval trunk opening so you can fit bigger things in there. There's lots of trunk space but the oval opening limits the "full size" of things that you can get in there.

** Get rid of those crummy seat belt strap holders on the front seats and put in a means for height adjustment.

** Make the front turn signals and side markers clear (frosted) with chrome tipped amber bulbs.

** Fix the freaking factory stock exhaust for the V8s so it sounds like an actual muscle car of old.

There's more minor stuff, but these are my main ones.