CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   6th gen Camaro vs... (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   2018 Mustang GT 1/4 mile time: 12.02@116 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=512185)

USAFS197 10-31-2017 06:46 PM

2018 Mustang GT 1/4 mile time: 12.02@116

1 Attachment(s)
Just a heads up for those who care. Some of the first 1/4 mile times have been put up for the 2018 Mustang GT, 10 speed auto, performance pack car on stock 275 Michelin Pilot Sports.

travislambert 10-31-2017 07:03 PM

That's a 10th faster than I've ever been able to achieve with my M6 ZL1. I'm pretty confident GM will have the A10 in the 2019 SS (if not before). When they do I hope they have a software update ready for the guys who bought the '17 M6 ZL1s.

I know the A10 is better suited for drag racing, but come on... With ~190 more horsepower, the manual transmission ZL1s should at least be able to keep up... It should be embarrassing to GM that their manual transmission ZL1s can't launch.

cleoent 10-31-2017 07:46 PM

uh.. wow. That's a SIGNIFICANT improvement.

1LEMATT 10-31-2017 08:16 PM

I was reading on the Mustang forum this was is super good DA, no gas, and after messing with psi and making a ton of passes. The A8 SS has gone quicker still...

Drag car or not, gonna be lots of pissed off Shelby owners wondering why 460 hp is so much quicker than 526 hp lol...

Guessing the new manuals will be in the 12.50’s with that POS MT-82...

USAFS197 10-31-2017 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1LEMATT (Post 9959442)
I was reading on the Mustang forum this was is super good DA, no gas, and after messing with psi and making a ton of passes. The A8 SS has gone quicker still...

Drag car or not, gonna be lots of pissed off Shelby owners wondering why 460 hp is so much wuicker than 526 lol...

Mayhaps so but, nonetheless, hero run or not, this is a sizable difference from the current performance of the S550 platform. Incremental differences about how one car is a tenth or two faster than the other in some other very ideal circumstance does not discredit the effort seen here. I, for one, am very happy they have made a concerted effort to close the gap.

The only metric I legitimately care about, is how well it does around the twisties but, I figured some folks out there still care about straight line racing and would find the information intriguing if nothing else.

BlaqWhole 10-31-2017 11:42 PM

I don't think the Camaro has much to worry about at this point. These shops have been known to exaggerate their results or to leave out crucial info when they post their hero runs.

ULTRAZLS1 10-31-2017 11:47 PM

According to the FB convo about this I guess times as fast as 11.7-8 have been run by the SS. A slip was posted of the 11.8 last week. Stock to the tire supposedly

The forum is not the fastest the SS has run I guess. I deleted my FB I’m missing out looks like lol

big dave 11-01-2017 01:03 AM

Don't think for a moment that the mustang won't run 11.8s or quicker once you see more of them in the hands of capable drivers. You can call these passes hero runs, but does that discredit the pass? It's not like all stock camaro's have run 11s. I'm happy that we have such strong competition going on amongst the big 3.

ULTRAZLS1 11-01-2017 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big dave (Post 9959649)
Don't think for a moment that the mustang won't run 11.8s or quicker once you see more of them in the hands of capable drivers. You can call these passes hero runs, but does that discredit the pass? It's not like all stock camaro's have run 11s. I'm happy that we have such strong competition going on amongst the big 3.

I agree

An SS at 12.0 in 500 DA at a private track rental, shop owned, wouldn’t be out of the norm either. It wouldn’t even make a ripple.
We had a private owner in the 11s within a month of hitting the lots.

What do you expect people to say at this point really ? It looks solid but it hasn’t surpassed the SS yet. Which I would think was fords goal.

BlaqWhole 11-01-2017 02:24 AM

I can't find any info on this anywhere. But I wonder why they're only posting the tweaked numbers. I'm thinking it must not have done well at all in off the showroom floor condition otherwise they'd be posting up those numbers to. For them to post tweaked times is a bit misleading if you ask me. When the 6th Gen SS came out we had times that were official and in full DD trim with stock tire pressure. So they get the GT and tweak it and put it on a rented track making multiple passes and post the best one...lol!! That thing is a mid 12.

Mazman 11-01-2017 04:19 AM

I think I read they were able to do 3 passes before it started to rain

jmackisback 11-01-2017 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazman (Post 9959677)

No

1LEMATT 11-01-2017 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazman (Post 9959677)

I read they ran it for hours before the rain.

These different day, different driver tests are really meaningless. We unfortunately need to wait until a legit magazine like Motor Trend tests both a A8 SS and A10 GT, with the same driver, same place, recommended psi, 3/4 of a tank, etc. Then we will know more. While Ford has closed the gap, my gut stills says the SS will be a tenth or two quicker on average. Even more so M6 to M6.

On a side note, the drag guys must be dying to get that A10 into the SS. Probably another tenth in that alone, easily...as that is more responsible for helping close the gap than the 25 hp/20 tq. That should be proven more so when they test a new M6 GT.

BlaqWhole 11-01-2017 07:22 AM

If we find out that this time is legit then I wonder how the Shelby guys will feel after spending crazy ADMs on their car just to have it get beaten by a GT with much less hp. And I wonder how the GT will do on the track and if Shelby sales will take a dive.