Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Should I be pissed? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=504032)

Mike J 08-05-2017 03:33 PM

Should I be pissed?

1 Attachment(s)
Took my car in for a oil change this week. I also paid for a complete inspection. Fluids etc...today during my cleaning I noticed paint was lifting under the brake reservoir.
Should I be pissed and go back to the dealer

1Coopgt 08-05-2017 03:39 PM

You can be pissed all you want , but I don't think the dealer will do anything .If they do, very cool. Can't hurt to try I guess.

SlingShot 08-05-2017 04:02 PM

I would be more pissed off, having to pay for an inspection. Most dealers here offer the inspections of fluids and such as a no fee service.

snarky 08-05-2017 04:45 PM

i skip all that inspection stuff. don't touch anything else. just change the oil and filter. i don't even like them checking tire pressures. neither the chevy dealer nor the honda dealer obeys the recommended psi listed on the door jambs. seems like 35lbs is the automatic fill for every car.

riozlander 08-05-2017 05:01 PM

these are the chances you take when yuo go to someone vs doing it your self.

i personally just expect this to happen at one point in my cars life ether my doing or someones else's doing. id clean the area really good and touch up paint it and move on.

while i love my car and want to take the best of care i can provide S$@T happens
you have all the rights to be pissed off totally. i would defiantly head back down and ask to speak to a service manager and calmly point out what has happened.
try my best to maybe score some free stuff depending on how calmly livid maybe score a free brake change or oil change. or hope they do the right thing and have it spot repainted and a loaner car free of charge

riozlander 08-05-2017 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snarky (Post 9852403)
i skip all that inspection stuff. don't touch anything else. just change the oil and filter. i don't even like them checking tire pressures. neither the chevy dealer nor the honda dealer obeys the recommended psi listed on the door jambs. seems like 35lbs is the automatic fill for every car.

i hate that WHY ALWAYS 35 psi WHY!

i take my car to a drive threw valvoline i dont even leave my car. granted they always set my tires to 37 psi but pepboys is always 35 psi no matter what i tell them

Stewart 08-05-2017 06:01 PM

Thankfully I noticed my reservoir leaking and wiped the brake fluid up. I found the fluid was leaking from the cap. There is at least one thread on here addressing this. Basically the OE cap did not have a good gasket in the cap. Went to Auto Zone got a replacement and have not had any problems. since.

jrhagen 08-05-2017 06:18 PM

I'm pissed I clicked on the link.

InFiD3ViL 08-05-2017 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrhagen (Post 9852507)

:drum:

Mike J 08-05-2017 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riozlander (Post 9852422)
these are the chances you take when yuo go to someone vs doing it your self.

i personally just expect this to happen at one point in my cars life ether my doing or someones else's doing. id clean the area really good and touch up paint it and move on.

while i love my car and want to take the best of care i can provide S$@T happens
you have all the rights to be pissed off totally. i would defiantly head back down and ask to speak to a service manager and calmly point out what has happened.
try my best to maybe score some free stuff depending on how calmly livid maybe score a free brake change or oil change. or hope they do the right thing and have it spot repainted and a loaner car free of charge

This is not a chance that I take if I pay for a service

Mike J 08-05-2017 07:51 PM

Quote:

Guessing you will never post a pic of your engine bay

Mike J 08-05-2017 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL (Post 9852536)
:drum:

Just wondering if you checked back here for more waste of time

Coleroad 08-05-2017 08:05 PM

I would be pissed that my engine bay was that dirty.

G701LE 08-05-2017 08:48 PM

Quote:

:sm0: