CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   My Salesman " LIED" to me (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=600287)

hamp 12-09-2021 09:19 PM

My Salesman " LIED" to me

3 Attachment(s)
He told me my car would be delivered 12/11/21 but I got her today 12/09/21 LOL:thumbup::happyanim:

TXCSSU 12-09-2021 10:34 PM

Looks great, even though I'm a little biased. ;-) I gave the salesman a set of instructions. I told him "don't wash it", "don't fill it with anything but 93 octane", "Please add a clear bra on it", and "don't remove any of the packing unless it's spacers for the suspension" (my SS had some and some dealers forgot to remove them). I'd consider getting them to do the window tinting, but I don't trust that they'd use quality film.

Oh and what options did you get it with? And did the dealership try to give you a "Market adjustment"?

DorsoDuroJohn 12-10-2021 02:16 PM

so friggin beautiful. Enjoy that!!!

hamp 12-10-2021 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXCSSU (Post 11107310)
Looks great, even though I'm a little biased. ;-) I gave the salesman a set of instructions. I told him "don't wash it", "don't fill it with anything but 93 octane", "Please add a clear bra on it", and "don't remove any of the packing unless it's spacers for the suspension" (my SS had some and some dealers forgot to remove them). I'd consider getting them to do the window tinting, but I don't trust that they'd use quality film.

Oh and what options did you get it with? And did the dealership try to give you a "Market adjustment"?

Just the standard options and I got it for sticker No Mark up

JKSully 12-10-2021 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXCSSU (Post 11107310)

I'm a little confused by the instructions to the dealer - you trust them to do the clear bra, but not window tint? And they would have had to wash it before the clear bra went on, it's not going to adhere (or have a ton of dirt trapped under it).

To the OP - congrats! Nice looking car, enjoy the extra couple of days :)

Dave777 12-10-2021 05:18 PM

Love both ZL1 colors.

Trochoidal 12-10-2021 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamp (Post 11107293)
He told me my car would be delivered 12/11/21 but I got her today 12/09/21 LOL:thumbup::happyanim:

Those dealers are always stretching the truth! That car of yours looks great in that stable. Congratulations!

TXCSSU 12-10-2021 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKSully (Post 11107580)
I'm a little confused by the instructions to the dealer - you trust them to do the clear bra, but not window tint? And they would have had to wash it before the clear bra went on, it's not going to adhere (or have a ton of dirt trapped under it).

To the OP - congrats! Nice looking car, enjoy the extra couple of days :)

The clear bra is pretty much the same quality wherever you go. The tint on the other hand could be the cheapest quality. The salesman told me that the guy that does their clear bra install is OCD so that is fine by me. I may have to drop a box of matches in front of him to confirm though (sigh it pains me that only the oldest of us will get that reference --- I'm an excellent driver)...

TXCSSU 12-10-2021 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamp (Post 11107555)
Just the standard options and I got it for sticker No Mark up

Ok, just curious because I thought the front hood looked like it had the carbon fiber.

I was reading somewhere that the wild cherry tintcoat is being released in Japan for only 10 vehicles. Granted, I can't imagine they sell a lot of Camaros, but it's nice to see that the color will be rare.

https://www.carscoops.com/wp-content...-Edition-1.jpg

JKSully 12-10-2021 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXCSSU (Post 11107612)
The clear bra is pretty much the same quality wherever you go. The tint on the other hand could be the cheapest quality. The salesman told me that the guy that does their clear bra install is OCD so that is fine by me. I may have to drop a box of matches in front of him to confirm though (sigh it pains me that only the oldest of us will get that reference --- I'm an excellent driver)...

All clear bras are not created equal, though they're closer in quality than tints, I agree.

Of course, I don't have my underwear...

2SS Capt 12-10-2021 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXCSSU (Post 11107613)
Ok, just curious because I thought the front hood looked like it had the carbon fiber.

I was reading somewhere that the wild cherry tintcoat is being released in Japan for only 10 vehicles. Granted, I can't imagine they sell a lot of Camaros, but it's nice to see that the color will be rare.

That's a weird picture, SS front end but not an SS hood... :noidea:

pauly1119 12-10-2021 06:51 PM

Congrats!

TXCSSU 12-10-2021 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2SS Capt (Post 11107617)
That's a weird picture, SS front end but not an SS hood... :noidea:

I think that's the artist rendition of the vehicles that they're releasing in Japan. I have to be honest, a Camaro in Japan would look oddly out of place.

hamp 12-10-2021 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXCSSU (Post 11107613)

Sorry you are right it is carbon fiber :happy0180: