CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   6th Gen Camaro moved back to 2015 or 2016? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268499)

TheBandit18 12-31-2012 08:24 PM

6th Gen Camaro moved back to 2015 or 2016?

I was talking on the phone to dealer about ordering a 1le and he said if I don't want to wait a really long time to get the vehicle best do it soon. Becuz of the manufacturing changed areas said the new body style has been pushed back.

Anyone else here this?

Sorry if this is a repost.

Angrybird 12 12-31-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBandit18 (Post 5977044)
I was talking on the phone to dealer about ordering a 1le and he said if I don't want to wait a really long time to get the vehicle best do it soon. Becuz of the manufacturing changed areas said the new body style has been pushed back.

Anyone else here this?

99% of dealers know nothing about future product schedules. And of course they don't want you to wait, they want to sell cars now and not worry about two years from now.

beany323 12-31-2012 08:28 PM

i can tell the future, just give me a few minutes. :)

stikSS 12-31-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Anyone else here this?

:idiot:

TheBandit18 12-31-2012 08:41 PM

It makes sense considering the moving process. What all they have to get and what all they have to do to the building

Fiveg56 12-31-2012 08:47 PM

Even if it is true, he would have no way to know that. He is just trying to pressure you to buy now (from him).

bw26ss 12-31-2012 08:55 PM

I don't see the camaro changing its body style dramatically, until the mustang does, it just wouldn't make sense. I can also see the challenger getting canned in the next few years, after they come out with the srt cuda. Also, i keep hearing the new camaro will be on a smaller platform, if that is the case, i won't buy, that was the whole reason i bought a camaro, i like the room.

RollaMo 12-31-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Anyone else here this?

Your dealer is full of chit!! :laugh:

GM has not shared anything about any future product release dates with any dealers.
A dealer knows no more or less than most on this forum.
Anything any dealer tells you at this point about any vehicle not currently available is doing so with the sole intent to better their sales position with you.

There are probably a few on this forum that know more, but they are not in a position to say anything. :D

oldfriend 12-31-2012 09:01 PM

That's a traditional thing called BSing , ....The ones that are talking , know nothing, and the ones that do KNOW are not talking .

midnighter 12-31-2012 09:02 PM

Dealers and weather people train at the same institutes. Need I say more?

77rs 12-31-2012 09:02 PM

New model probobly won't come out till early '16 as a '17.

bw26ss 12-31-2012 09:05 PM

2015 model, if i had to bet, but who knows?

rtcat600man 12-31-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 (Post 5977048)
99% of dealers know nothing about future product schedules. And of course they don't want you to wait, they want to sell cars now and not worry about two years from now.

:word:

Ocikat 12-31-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

I'd agree with this, New models from any manufacture are top secret and only known by a very elite staff, unless you read or hear information directly released by GM consider it to be rumor or speculation. whether it be GM, Ford, Chrysler, or any other auto company, they go to great lengths and expense to keep thier plans to themselves.

dorfmac 12-31-2012 10:06 PM

If the 6th gen is being produced in the US, and the 5th gen isn't, and Super60s "farewell" post is to be considered accurate, then yes, 2015-16 will feature the redesign.

TheBandit18 12-31-2012 10:20 PM

I'll get more information about it tomorrow

77rs 12-31-2012 10:25 PM

I don't believe they can design and tool up for a '16 remodel in 18 months unless they started already. Thirty months June '16 for a new '17 model is my guess.

cornerspeed92 12-31-2012 10:29 PM

It seems to me if they change the body style.were right back to where we started.This package works leave it the hell alone!

fielderLS3 12-31-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

:word: This. And in my experience, 90% of dealers know nothing about current product as well.

The next Mustang is coming as a 2015 model year. The 6th gen Camaro will come within a year at the most, so 2015-2016 sounds right.

Bhobbs 01-01-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 11fastss (Post 5977134)
I don't see the camaro changing its body style dramatically, until the mustang does, it just wouldn't make sense. I can also see the challenger getting canned in the next few years, after they come out with the srt cuda. Also, i keep hearing the new camaro will be on a smaller platform, if that is the case, i won't buy, that was the whole reason i bought a camaro, i like the room.

The Mustang getting a redesign for the 2015 MY.

Z/284ever 01-10-2013 12:23 PM

It will be released in 2015 as a MY 2016

KMPrenger 01-10-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z/284ever (Post 6017965)
It will be released in 2015 as a MY 2016

I feel this is correct. I think waiting past that is just too much of a head start for the next gen Mustang.

But I wouldn't mind seeing a late 2014/early 2015 release as a 2015 model either :D

LikaRokBowTie 01-10-2013 01:09 PM

I'll add my 2cents and as most have stated the dealers know nuthin about what is happening until GM tells them something and they probably started a new design or working on updating the design within months of releasing the current car,these things take time plus they can guage consumer interest and plan on making changes if necessary to the design over the 5-7 years of production,if you can get a 1LE now do it don't wait around I wish I could order now but need to pay one car off before buying another,if you wait and the next gen is not appealing your gonna be out of luck unless you buy used of course,I miss the way manufacturers did in the good ol days when they would release new year models in sept.or oct. of the year now you never know when they will be coming out,but suprises are good sometimes!

Z/284ever 01-10-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 6018044)
I feel this is correct. I think waiting past that is just too much of a head start for the next gen Mustang.

But I wouldn't mind seeing a late 2014/early 2015 release as a 2015 model either :D

That may be pushing it. The CAW has already publicly stated that 5th gen production ends in '15.

MarkSS 01-10-2013 01:24 PM

In this case SOME dealers might know something about it because they had a conference in Vegas where some beans were spilled.

PAUL SS 01-10-2013 02:57 PM

Speculation, guessing and BS. Until someone with some authority says something, don't believe anything.

The Baron 01-10-2013 03:48 PM

I believe it. Standard gm life cycle is 7 years..

v6sonoma 01-10-2013 03:58 PM

How exactly would moving it change anything? Nothing is built anywhere now so what is there to move? They are just gonna set up shop in the new plant. Hell it could already have been there for a year already waiting to go into CTF mode. How would anyone who isn't supposed to know, know!? Ya know? :rolleyes:

PAUL SS 01-10-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v6sonoma (Post 6018897)
How exactly would moving it change anything? Nothing is built anywhere now so what is there to move? They are just gonna set up shop in the new plant. Hell it could already have been there for a year already waiting to go into CTF mode. How would anyone who isn't supposed to know, know!? Ya know? :rolleyes:

That's what I was thinking. The future plant could have been well into conversion before the switch from Canada to the U.S. was announced. Heck, the first 6th gen Camaro could roll off the U.S. line as the last 5th gen is rolling off the line in Oshawa. We are so uninformed.

dorfmac 01-10-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAUL SS (Post 6018623)
Speculation, guessing and BS. Until someone with some authority says something, don't believe anything.

Wouldn't Mike be someone w authority? I thought he said they would stop producing Camaros at his plant in 2015 or something. Couple that with GMs announcement that 6th gen Camaros will be produced in America. It makes sense that that's when the 6th will come out.

Mr. iNCREDIBLE 01-10-2013 04:55 PM

I agree with the dealer being full of crap.

however GM history shows us that the typical life span of a given design or model is 6 - 7 years.

Mr. Wyndham 01-10-2013 05:53 PM

The Rumormill says that the car appeared as a 2016 MY in internal systems.....take that for what it's worth...

From my perspective...the car is selling well enough, and performing awesome enough...to not need to rush a new generation out the door...:iono:

PAUL SS 01-10-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorfmac (Post 6019100)
Wouldn't Mike be someone w authority? I thought he said they would stop producing Camaros at his plant in 2015 or something. Couple that with GMs announcement that 6th gen Camaros will be produced in America. It makes sense that that's when the 6th will come out.

Not to diminish Mike's comments, but Scott, Cheryl, Al or Ed etc would have more authority. Upper management has the details and won't be talking out of turn.

Infinite-T 01-10-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Heh, ya. I bought my 11 in mid August 11. I asked the dealer when he thought they would get the new 12s in. He said, ooh, probably not until at least Jan '12... when I went in to sign the papers the sales manager told me the same thing. Then I told him the dealer up the road had some 12s he wanted to sell me for as much as this 11! I punched them up on the website on my phone and showed him.... he he... I got a good deal and I got the RJT I really wanted.

About a week later, i dove by the dealer and saw a whole row of 12s right out front...

Dealers want your money NOW! Theyll tell you whatever crap they can come up with if they think it will help.

ernie scar 01-12-2013 06:23 PM

This is long winded, bear with me.

I wouldn’t believe too much of what these dealers are telling you. Like others have said these guys only want to sell cars, they will tell you anything to get you to put an order in for one.

I talked to a salesman here where I live (I have known this guy for about 15 years) about future updates to the Camaro (6th gen. ZL1 body changes and the upgraded engine option). His response was that he doesn’t get too much information about car design or changes until the car is almost released. He said there is probably more information on the car forums and internet than what he could give me.

The only problem I could see about waiting to order a car would be with the ZL1 in 2012. Some orders were pushed into the 2013 build cycle and instead of getting a 2012 order the car was slated for a 2013 order.

This is probably one of the reasons I am going to put in an order for a ZL1 sooner than later. I like the current design of the car. I already know I will be playing the waiting game and if I have to wait for one I want it to be in the current body style.

I can’t remember where I read this, but the article went on to say the 5th generation Camaro has been selling very well with its current design; and the fact that the engineers had their work cut out for them if they were going to improve the look of the current car.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there is some department at GM headquarters (not to mention all the other car manufactures) that monitors forums like these to see what the consensus is on car changes etc. It makes you wonder if they throw bits and pieces on the net to see what kind of reaction they will get as well.

Anyway sorry for the length but I had to throw in my 2 cents worth.

Note:

Sorry I focused on the ZL1; I know you are going to order a 1le. This information would probably apply to both cars.

GaBoy25 01-12-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ernie scar (Post 6027616)

I wouldn’t believe too much of what these dealers are telling you. Like others have said these guys only want to sell cars, they will tell you anything to get you to put an order in for one.

I talked to a salesman here where I live (I have known this guy for about 15 years) about future updates to the Camaro (6th gen. ZL1 body changes and the upgraded engine option). His response was that he doesn’t get too much information about car design or changes until the car is almost released. He said there is probably more information on the car forums and internet than what he could give me.

The only problem I could see about waiting to order a car would be with the ZL1 in 2012. Some orders were pushed into the 2013 build cycle and instead of getting a 2012 order the car was slated for a 2013 order.

This is probably one of the reasons I am going to put in an order for a ZL1 sooner than later. I like the current design of the car. I already know I will be playing the waiting game and if I have to wait for one I want it to be in the current body style.

I can’t remember where I read this, but the article went on to say the 5th generation Camaro has been selling very well with its current design; and the fact that the engineers had their work cut out for them if they were going to improve the look of the current car.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there is some department at GM headquarters (not to mention all the other car manufactures) that monitors forums like these to see what the consensus is on car changes etc. It makes you wonder if they throw bits and pieces on the net to see what kind of reaction they will get as well.

Note:

Sorry I focused on the ZL1; I know you are going to order a 1le. This information would probably apply to both cars.

I enjoyed that thoroughly :w00t:

PAUL SS 01-12-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ernie scar (Post 6027616)

Note:

There was a member of "the twelve desciples (of which there really 13)" on this forum asking us members what we would like to see in the next Camaro.

The Stig 01-12-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAUL SS (Post 6028194)
There was a member of "the twelve desciples (of which there really 13)" on this forum asking us members what we would like to see in the next Camaro.

About half of the Disciples are members of camaro5.

And just keep in mind - the ZL1 was originally just going to be offered in the manual transmission. We, Camaro5, convinced them to offer it with both transmissions.

GaBoy25 01-12-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Stig (Post 6028266)
About half of the Disciples are members of camaro5.

And just keep in mind - the ZL1 was originally just going to be offered in the manual transmission. We, Camaro5, convinced them to offer it with both transmissions.

This kind of interaction and involvement makes me proud beyond words. We are truly blessed; call it what you want.

:chevy: