CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   2016 Camaro 6th Gen - Car & Driver feature (25 Cars Worth Waiting For) (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281053)

Wizard1183 05-10-2013 09:41 PM

The front end looks like its off the 2nd gen with the way the grill is made but being split to bring it up to date. The rear end is from the 5th gen. I'm going to say it'll be close to something like this but without the split in the grill. Like that.

JR3 05-10-2013 09:42 PM

Looks like a Malibu.... Fuuuuuuuuugly

v6sonoma 05-10-2013 09:43 PM

All I can say is thank God and the Camaro team that this will never happen! :lol:

ForgedReality 05-11-2013 12:02 AM

NO. I bought a Camaro, not a Malibu. Pass. That shit's fugly.

edit - whoa I posted this from the first page, then I see JR3's comment. Great minds. XD

DGthe3 05-11-2013 12:12 AM

Does Car & Driver even realize that Chevrolet is moving away from that fascia design?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirtdog (Post 6248310)
Why do people think that any magazine, would have "Spyshots" or "Leaked" photos of a new Camaro, before C5 had them? We have REAL GM employees on these boards who love giving us the hottest intel. If you dont see it here, ITS NOT REAL!!!!

We don't get much info about future products out of our friends at GM. They'll pop in to correct/shoot down mis-information, but getting hard info months or years ahead of any actual reveal doesn't happen. They all like their jobs too much.

However, we do get access to some high quality spy shots pretty reliably.
Quote:

Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED (Post 6250145)
Your joking right? Read the carpet on the display floor. :der:

That car was sitting in the same 2012 Detroit autoshow display as the Code 130R that Car & Driver based their rendering off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MINI HLK (Post 6529599)
Ok So here is my best PAINT rendering... (HAHAHA)
BLARG!!! Should of blacked out the rims.

Well ... it doesn't look any worse than the C&D render

spratleyea 05-11-2013 12:44 AM

2016 Camaro 6th Gen - Car & Driver feature (25 Cars Worth Waiting For)

1 Attachment(s)
I have seen this example before...:popcorn:

Thrillz 05-11-2013 12:46 AM

Fugly. :thumbdown:

FINALLYSATISFIED 05-11-2013 01:33 AM

The original render thread with the 130r concept makes the homepage? C5 is on a roll! Lol. I guess since the OP of the other thread edited his own post, y'all had to revive this one? Quick thinking mods. :)

oklapike 05-11-2013 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spratleyea (Post 6530235)
I have seen this example before...:popcorn:

Well, it's better than the other chop. That's not saying much though. ;)

managa 05-11-2013 02:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Front looks a little lacking.
I tried a little work..

How about that :P

ThaCamaroKid 05-11-2013 04:10 PM

:yikes:

WarWolfX0 05-11-2013 05:04 PM

wow that looks alot better
I think what it was missing was that center crease in the body work

ShnOmac 05-11-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by managa (Post 6530398)
I tried a little work..

Much better!

hairtrigger 05-11-2013 08:45 PM

See.....
The chrome on the bottom lip works but the 2014 chrome on the top doesn't

Hiawatha 05-11-2013 09:17 PM

This is my first post haha. I personally think that this is a nice looking car, but not for a Camaro. The front looks more like a Malibu or a Traverse than it does a Camaro. I think the 5th generation has its own unique grill that helps gives the car that Camaro personality. I looks like a nice car though, I just think the grill does not have that Camaro feel to it. It is only fair to fully judge a car however, when you are behind the wheel haha. I'm looking forward to hearing more about this.

camaro10 05-12-2013 06:38 AM

Don't think so! People need to stop playing around with that concept, that's NOT going to be the next Camaro in any form or fashion! (Well, except for Alpha that it rides on)

Mick 05-12-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

I tried a little work..

I like your idea. Nicely done.

Vangres 05-12-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

I tried a little work..

True its better but I just don't like that rear glass window shape =/

Mick 05-12-2013 12:00 PM

I'm not sure why people are getting in such an uproar about this picture. Its a magazine trying to sell issues. Its pure speculation, which is to say an idea, most likely based on zero hard (or even soft) facts. That being said, our friends at Chevy are likely seeing what enthusiasts' reactions to any design ideas are. My own personal feeling is that I hope going forward we see progression from the 5th, which is really a progression from the first. At the risk of offending other Camaro fans, I think the further Chevy got from the first generation, the less popular it became until they stopped making it completely due to lack of interest. Build off the most iconic of Camaros (the first), like Chevy did with the 5th gens and they'll remain strong. I'm not saying rehash the first or the fifth, but don't start with a car that bears no resemblance to the fist, like they did with the second gens. Just one person's opinion, that's all.

Mick 05-12-2013 02:12 PM

It is too bad that many car companies try to fit the same front end look on as many vehicles as possible. When you look back at cars in the 60's the only manufacturers doing that were probably Mercedes and Rolls Royce. But you knew a Chevy was a Chevy the same way you know a Camaro isn't a Mustang...because each has their own individual looks that they aren't trying to share with a half dozen vehicles in the line-up. You knew a Chevy was a Chevy and not a Ford or Mopar not because they had the same corporate grill, but because they were clearly an Impala, a Chevelle, a Nova, a Camaro, a Corvair, etc... Sadly, it seems a lot of car companies are more interested that you only know its a certain brand, than a certain model made by a certain brand. No wonder studies are showing that younger generations are feeling less excited about cars than past generations. Thats like wanting people to get excited about ice cream when you're only offering vanilla, chocolate and strawberry when past generations had Ben & Jerry's variety to choose from. But as I said, that's just one person's opinion.

scnhra 05-12-2013 02:24 PM

Wow remember in 1992 when the Geo storm was out then the 1993 Camaro was introduced? It looked like a larger stretched version of the storm. I am having flashbacks of the same thing happening.

rray 05-12-2013 06:08 PM

Whatever they do, don't give it aggressive eyes and moustache, then put a silly smile on it, turn the smile upside down!

KMPrenger 05-12-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

I tried a little work..

Hood looks much better. The hood definitely needs to have this kind of character, whatever it ends up being. Look at the new CTS hood. Amazing.

Definitely need a raised center hood, or something to give it a muscle appearance.

Not too fond of that nose though. I think maybe the center crease needs to come down a bit and hide the red part that goes back inward, just above the lower grille. Nice work though!

Baltimorejohn1 05-13-2013 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnturboray (Post 6246665)
Looks like a 5th gen with a different nose! Kinda like GM changed the Camaro front and back ends from 1997 to 1998

That says it all....... NO!!!!!!!!
The Malibu people don't like the grill so why copy it.....
:peep:

The side doesn't look bad but that grill:emoticon1:

Gibroni 05-13-2013 07:29 AM

Looks like a coupe version of the Cruze, maybe to compete with Scion.