CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Duel mode exhaust deal braker (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=495561)

Street Fighter 05-19-2017 07:38 PM

Duel mode exhaust deal braker

Im looking at a 2017 2SS has everything i want except the duel mode exhaust
My question is does it get that much louder or make a difference in sound or should I just do a muffler delete to get the sound.:clap2:

CamSS7 05-19-2017 07:42 PM

muffler delete doesnt make it louder. Some people did some tests cutting out the whole axle back to install a new one, and started it after they cut both mufflers in the back and sound was same loudness different pitch.

thescreensavers 05-19-2017 07:56 PM

Dual mode exhaust pretty much a muffler delete in track mode

AxiomVerge 05-19-2017 08:15 PM

I think there are some aftermarket dual modes you could get, but not sure if your car driving modes will interact with them without the factory option.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

CamaroBody 05-19-2017 08:25 PM

I had difficulty finding dual mode exhaust and a sunroof in Hyper Blue

but eventually it showed up

ckahsen 05-19-2017 08:35 PM

For me the dual mode wasn't even an option. If it didn't have it, I moved onto the next one. I ended up getting a 1LE (they all have NPP), but it was a must for me. Unless you are planning to get a custom exhaust right away I'd say to be sure you hear both of them. While I wouldn't say the NPP is "loud", it definitely cracks and pops in ways you won't get with the standard exhaust.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

dotfiles 05-19-2017 08:59 PM

Just pick up an axle back exhaust if you're looking for better tone and more volume on the non-NPP system.

IMadeYouReadThis 05-19-2017 09:02 PM

Find the dual-mode exhaust. I love mine well worth it

cmitchell17 05-19-2017 09:18 PM

I personally think the NPP is too loud, unrefined, poppy, and crackly at WOT. When at half throttle at higher rpms it sounds amazing. Good thing is that you can turn it to stealth mode and it goes away, but you lose the half throttle good sound. I still think it is worth it, especially since you get the quad tips and the different rear fender.

JR91 05-19-2017 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmitchell17 (Post 9735352)
I personally think the NPP is too loud, unrefined, poppy, and crackly at WOT. When at half throttle at higher rpms it sounds amazing. Good thing is that you can turn it to stealth mode and it goes away, but you lose the half throttle good sound. I still think it is worth it, especially since you get the quad tips and the different rear fender.

I wish the NPP was louder and more crackly like the jaguar f-type :biggrin:

Eric SS 05-19-2017 10:28 PM

Dual mode was the only option I absolutely had to have

WVaSS 05-19-2017 10:52 PM

Love the dual mode exhaust. That and the magnetic ride were both must haves for me. If you are going to get aftermarket exhausts anyway then maybe it's not worth it. But I still think the 4tip exhaust just looks better.

TopHatPlus 05-19-2017 11:34 PM

My only request was dual mode, the only red one they could find had MRC, nav, sunroof, 5 spoke split rims in silver so that ended up being my car... I think its the best bang for the buck if you like seamless integration, options, and a even variation on the mode selection.

I am sure the standard exhaust with some aftermarket bolt ons would sound great but when you change the mode and suspension tightens drastically, the exhaust becomes an entirely new animal and the colours inside the car change... it brings out the voices you try to hide because they always encourage the dark side.

avalonandl 05-20-2017 07:37 AM

I love my NPP