CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Why such a hurry for the 6th gen? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272700)

Jose 01-23-2013 08:40 AM

Why such a hurry for the 6th gen?

I am just curious on why there is such a hurry for the 6th Gen Camaro to come out? We are still enjoying out 5th Gen. The faster the 6th Gen comes out, the faster our 5th Gen will decrease in price, just thinking out loud. :iono:

supercharged zl1 01-23-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose (Post 6071787)
I am just curious on why there is such a hurry for the 6th Gen Camaro to come out? We are still enjoying out 5th Gen. The fastest the 6th Gen comes out, the faster our 5th Gen will decrease in price, just thinking out loud. :iono:

:word:

PAUL SS 01-23-2013 08:57 AM

Because it promises to be smaller, lighter and more powerful with better fuel economy. It should handle better and if possible even look better. At any rate it should be an improvement on the 5th gen if that is even possible. That's my hurry.

midnighter 01-23-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAUL SS (Post 6071838)
Because it promises to be smaller, lighter and more powerful with better fuel economy. It should handle better and if possible even look better. At any rate it should be an improvement on the 5th gen if that is even possible. That's my hurry.

That's a matter of perspective. I love the 1969 Camaro so for me, the 6th gen' will not look better cosidering that GM most likely will be stepping away from the retro body style.

Cincy10SSRS 01-23-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

I am just curious on why there is such a hurry for the 6th Gen Camaro to come out? We are still enjoying out 5th Gen. The faster the 6th Gen comes out, the faster our 5th Gen will decrease in price, just thinking out loud. :iono:

:word:X2. I'm in no hurry for my car to be the "old" one.

Mr. Wyndham 01-23-2013 09:26 AM

<= This guy's not in a "hurry"...I have a lot of fun to have with my 2012, yet....

But I am extremely excited to see what they do with the new generation car. :thumbsup:

ChibiBlackSheep 01-23-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midnighter (Post 6071845)
That's a matter of perspective. I love the 1969 Camaro

I can't wait to get my 2013 and have it sit next to the 68

v6sonoma 01-23-2013 09:31 AM

Well I guess if you're (not necessarily YOU op) the type of person who buys a car and moves on to the next one quickly or if you think it will be some kind of investment then yes it will take a hit on the used market because many will trade up to the newer style and flood the market with quality used cars.

I could feel the same way for having a 2010 2SS and now the 2013 has improved handling, electric PS, HUD, Mylink, Nav, backup sensors, backup camera, 1LE, convertible, ZL1, Frameless mirror, etc. All those things drop the price of my car, but who cares. I love my car :wub: and love seeing the improvements they keep making. The 6th gen will just be a giant improvement! :happyanim:

franknbeans 01-23-2013 09:35 AM

I just hope they don't F up the new body and looks. The 4th gen camaro looked like a wedge up ugly cheese.

IMO, they should keep the design like they did with the Vette. Or at least the last versions of the Vette. They should keep a styling ques as the Gen 5.

angryv6 01-23-2013 09:44 AM

Depends on how drastic the body style changes are.

90503 01-23-2013 10:07 AM

I wouldn't worry about the next gen...it will be just that, another (different) generation...No doubt more "advanced" in a lot of areas...Time marches on and new models keep coming out every year...

Compared to other lines of cars that change every year and the previous years become worth "less"...lol...I think the Camaro (with it's history of subsequent generations) is not anything to be upset about...It's the nature of the beast...

Jose 01-23-2013 10:54 AM

IMO I love my 5th gen, there are a LOT of aftermarket parts that can improve a lot of items mentioned earlier. In my perspective, I am the kind of person that does not change the car (If I like it) for the new version, I build my car as I like it, drive it and have fun with it. In case I want a change, I would go for the 2013 Corvette and keep my 5th Gen. IMO.

Jose 01-23-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 90503 (Post 6072089)
I wouldn't worry about the next gen...it will be just that, another (different) generation...No doubt more "advanced" in a lot of areas...Time marches on and new models keep coming out every year...

Compared to other lines of cars that change every year and the previous years become worth "less"...lol...I think the Camaro (with it's history of subsequent generations) is not anything to be upset about...It's the nature of the beast...

Yeap, agreed, imports change every 6 hours!!!

Jose 01-23-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franknbeans (Post 6071965)
I just hope they don't F up the new body and looks. The 4th gen camaro looked like a wedge up ugly cheese.

IMO, they should keep the design like they did with the Vette. Or at least the last versions of the Vette. They should keep a styling ques as the Gen 5.

100% Agreed!!!

tjk_art 01-23-2013 11:00 AM

I for one would like to stop seeing so many 5th gens on the road.... they're too common now. :thumbdown:

FINALLYSATISFIED 01-23-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjk_art (Post 6072293)
I for one would like to stop seeing so many 5th gens on the road.... they're too common now. :thumbdown:

Depends on the area.

Norm Peterson 01-23-2013 11:51 AM

Q:
Quote:

A: Anticipation

FWIW, I can't remember thoughts of resale value of any of the cars we've owned ever even crossing my mind.

Norm

chef-beavis 01-23-2013 12:47 PM

I personally can't imagine ever wanting to part with mine, no matter what comes next. I'm curious on what they have planned to get us to move onward and upward but I'm in no hurry. This is still my dream car and most of my attraction is the styling. I waited 25 years for GM to build this car and never thought it would happen.

If I did get a newer one it would likely be a DD. I think this gen has a bit of special magic to it for a lot of people, including myself. I'll always keep this one as my toy.

Frid 01-23-2013 01:00 PM

Not in a hurry at all.

FenwickHockey65 01-24-2013 07:51 AM

Because a new Mustang is right around the corner.

Lee123 01-24-2013 02:28 PM

Just curiosity on my part. Having read some of the rumors I can't help but be anxious to see it. I'll be keeping mine for a long, long time regardless and I guess to some degree I'm wondering they'll come out with something so great that I'll regret my commitment to this one. Won't matter, as of a week from tomorrow I'll have so much much money in my 2012 that it will be out of the question to trade it. Maggie, ZL1 fuel pump and all going in starting Monday, but I'm still curious to see the new one.

WheelmanSS 01-24-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAUL SS (Post 6071838)
Because it promises to be smaller, lighter and more powerful with better fuel economy.

ok...

... What new gen manufacturer doesn't promise that?

mr02Z/28 01-24-2013 03:14 PM

I love how folks with the 5th Gen Camaro say they would never part with their car.. I bet when Chevy/GM comes out with a 6th Gen Z28 with incredible Stats, everyone and his brother and sister will be in line to get one and I'm sure quite a few will be trading in a 5th Gen for it... And if they produce a 6th Gen with a 7.0L(just a thought) plenty would probably be getting rid of their ZL1 too. As of last week, here in Phila., PA, I have seen so many Used 5th Gen Camaros including some ZL1s already.. I would like to see the 6th Gen arrive sooner because there are way too many 5th Gen Camaros around, they don't seem special any more...

Dupontdon24 01-24-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Shoot, around here it's mustang ally. SS:chevy:

2010rjt 01-25-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Poeple are always curious about the future.

SSmokinSS 01-26-2013 12:36 AM

Decrease in value?
Anyone notice that 4th gens were a dime a dozen 5 years ago, and now they are insanely priced?
I passed on a few $4-5000 SS's before the 5th gen was out. Now they are $10K cars.
I think ours will hold their own.
The 6th gen may be a turd....never know.
1st Gen = Bad ASS
2nd Gen = Meh
3rd Gen = Excellent
4th Gen = Decent
5th Gen = Awesome
6th Gen = ? (if it has 2nd Gen style, I'll pass)
Bring back the square look! IROC style!

WHAMMO 01-27-2013 06:00 PM

6th gen wont be a turd cause it will be on the same paltform as the ATS, which is lighter(the biggest problem of the Camaro right now, making it slower and less fuel efficient), and it will have the new LT1; more hp/tq!!

Plus the it will probably look better!

Its a big win IMO.

That beeing said, its not out yet and 5th gen owner have a lot of time to enjoy their ride before its out!!

06_warrior 01-28-2013 03:40 AM

Quote:

In my area i hardly see any Camaro's and if i do it's mainly a V6. Very few SS's and i've seen only 1 ZL1 and i don't think it was from around here.

pincoin 01-28-2013 04:48 AM

I doubt the 6th gen will look better than the 5th gen.

2011ss/rs 01-28-2013 05:01 AM

With the exception of the 1st Gen all of the others were around for quite a few years. I don't believe we will see the 6th Gen for a while.

meissen 01-29-2013 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 6076228)

People need to listen to this guy more often. Fenwick is one of the most informed posters when it comes to what's going on.

shaffe 01-30-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 6076228)

This^

Plain and simple thats it. The 5th gen was a great hit for GM, but with the new mustang coming out the 6th gen camaro will be needed right away.

Bhobbs 01-30-2013 06:39 PM

New Mustang
Better starting platform in the Alpha
Design won't be limited to make the car retro
It's the new thing

cactuseater 01-31-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karguy (Post 6102623)
The gen6 can't come soon enough...:thumbsup:
But please AFM,auto only...;)

Probably as butt ugly as the new Corvette - and it's industry leading "part time" four cyl. engine......

OldScoolCamaro 02-01-2013 04:19 PM

...love the look of the new Stingray, seems to me some fusion of Camaro styling in it, I hope the new Camaro is also transformed in a similar direction, perhaps with some C7 styling cues??? Now, that would be something....Mr. Welburn should have the Vette design team draw up a Gen 6 Camaro model...just for their prospective on what it should look like since they did such a fine job on the C7.

Bhobbs 02-02-2013 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro (Post 6111110)
...love the look of the new Stingray, seems to me some fusion of Camaro styling in it, I hope the new Camaro is also transformed in a similar direction, perhaps with some C7 styling cues??? Now, that would be something....Mr. Welburn should have the Vette design team draw up a Gen 6 Camaro model...just for their prospective on what it should look like since they did such a fine job on the C7.

That sounds like a great idea to me.

nUcLeArEnVoY 02-04-2013 09:30 AM

The fact of the matter is, this car came to market a tad late. The 5th gen Mustang already had five years under its belt as opposed to the 3 years it had in the 60's. Already the new Mustang is coming out and it's apparently taking a different direction in styling.

If the Camaro is to compete with the Mustang, it has to have its own unique styling but cater to the same styling trends that the Mustang and all other cars in its class are adapting to.

It's a shame, because I loved the retro movement but it's on its way out.