CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Motor Trend Scoop: 2015 Camaro to be on Alpha Platform (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75318)

jklipan 04-07-2010 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango Foxtrot (Post 1683481)
Id rock a v6 turbo Camaro. Did any of you guys ever hear a cammed GN before? As long as its a bigger displacement v6 it will still sound badass, especially when you hear it spool up. You have to adapt to survive, remember people hated messing with fuel injection when it first came out too.

A blown and fuel injected big bore six might be fun to drive. Providing that it will still be a rear wheel drive.

mikevrod 04-07-2010 05:04 PM

Twin Turbo, 3.6 + V6, all wheel drive Super Car. This is the car that GM can finally build and draw from the import buyers. All Weather driving. I'll order one.

Jer4251 04-07-2010 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCSS (Post 1684203)
Isn't the world ending in December 2012 anyways?

yep, the same day a factory mustang beats a factory camaro in a race

fielderLS3 04-07-2010 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenrail (Post 1687636)
Okay, what OHC V-8 is in the Dodge Truck? The Hemi is a pushrod.

Otherwise, I have no issues for smaller lighter, and powered adequately. Nothing wrong with that.

Can I sign up now. ???? Get an R6P code for early production order?

I was referring to the 4.7L (if they still offer it. I admit, it's been a while since I looked at a Dodge truck.)

The Camaro still needs to have a V8 option (beyond just a low volume, high price Z28 trim level) to maintain it's character as an American muscle car. A turbo V6 can be just as fast, but that's sort of be like calling a Jaguar a British car, or calling the Mustang II a Mustang. Will the next gen Camaro be a Camaro, or will it just be a sports car that uses the name?:popcorn:

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot 04-07-2010 06:17 PM

I just had an epiphany.

In 2015 Motor Trend is going to have an article stating that the camaro is too small and feels like a go kart instead of a muscle car.

Vega 04-07-2010 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jer4251 (Post 1689134)
yep, the same day a factory mustang beats a factory camaro in a race

Unfortunatly that happened a year early haha, those new 5.0s are beasts. Speaking of which, the most stubborn muscle car of all, the Mustang, will damn sure still be offering a V8 years from now, so being a proud supporter of all muscle and not just ignorently succumbing to one specific brand i would definatly take a V8 Mustang over a V6 Camaro. One guy before me put it right, a V6 Camaro ceases to be a muscle car and at that point would just be a sports car, which would kill the whole vision, idea, and passion behind the car. It may be hard for some people in the newer generations to understand but the V8 means more to muscle enthusiests than just high horsepower.

Muscle cars cant be compared to normal vehicle standards. They dont want to be the best performance vehicle on the market thats the sports car market. Muscle cars just aim to be the most fun cars you can own, that passion behind the V8, an engine that's bite is as mean as its bark making the car so wild and untameable that you get that sense of danger behind it that you dont get in any other car, and something you definatly cant get with any V6. Muscle cars are in a class of their own, they cant be measured up in normal car standards, normal performance or economy standards dont apply because muscle cars are meant to be that rebellious genre that screams "**** the rules!" and doesnt care about anything but how much pure fun it is to drive, all the other cares thrown to the back of your mind like economy, safety, laws, restrictions, the idea is to forget all the troubles, screw what everyone else thinks and just be yourself. And as long as that idea is preserved im confidant that the V8 will prevail, the day the muscle car succumbs to V6 engines only is the day the muscle car's spirit dies.

Hylton 04-07-2010 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango Foxtrot (Post 1683481)
Id rock a v6 turbo Camaro. Did any of you guys ever hear a cammed GN before? As long as its a bigger displacement v6 it will still sound badass, especially when you hear it spool up. You have to adapt to survive, remember people hated messing with fuel injection when it first came out too.

Screen name win brother!

smhss 04-07-2010 09:48 PM

AMEN, Vega. AMEN!

REAPER SS 04-07-2010 11:03 PM

I dont like the sound of the V8 going away, but lets be honest I cant see them making big v8s 10 years from now:iono: Even if not by 2014-2015....I dont think we'll make it to 2020 with out a turbo v6 SS. I wish they could shed some weight & just keep making a v8 SS but I really dont see it.

One last hip hip hooray for the old v8:drinking:

KarFan 04-08-2010 12:14 AM

The V8 isn't going away. GM is finishing up development of the Gen V V8 that will take V8 power and performance in line with CAFE requirements deep into the next decade.

Expect the next Generation Camaro and Mustang to be lighter and probably smaller in overall dimentions. Neither car will survive without this change.

Without the success of the 5th Gen there would be no talk of a 6th Gen Camaro so much credit is due to the popularity of the current car. Alpha could have easily been a NA Caddy only platform if this Camaro didn't solidify itself into Chevy's lineup and cause GM to rethink the recently unshelved Alpha program.

76z28 04-08-2010 12:57 AM

NOOOO NO V8?

SamIyam 04-08-2010 01:05 AM

I like what they are doing... using the same platform for several different cars.

This means parts interchange... and aftermarket mods galore!

And I KNOW they'll leave enough room for an LS1 in it... that motor is going to be built for YEARS to come...

Sam

wrek 04-08-2010 09:47 AM

We all die in 2012 anyway so why worry... ;)

Alain 04-08-2010 11:19 AM

SS should have nothing but a V8 in it. this government is ruining the last bit of fun us common folk are able to enjoy and afford !!!!!