CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   GM please make high-end 6th Gen HARDER(ZL1, Z28, etc)for others to clone/copy.... (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273317)

Rhyder 01-28-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 90503 (Post 6094328)
Easy, Tiger...first, I don't own a ZL1...lol...second, I'm not in the least upset about what people put on their cars....third, why do you defend those who use ZL1 parts, then slam the actual ZL1 car?...

Until I see a thread that says "I Bought a Used ZL1..!!!...Turns Out it was a Fake!!!...WTF???"...then I'll believe those who get all upset about putting on different parts have an argument....But I don't think that will ever happen...

That's fair, I did take a shot at the ZL1. Im not totally slamming it, just pointing out that aside from the magnetic's, its not much different in the end than people who have supercharged their SS and set it for track duty.

Its not a unique vehicle, so why there's so much hate from people for anyone who dares add "ZL1" items to their car is beyond my understanding.

As you state, unless someone is trying to sell their car as a ZL1 when its not, how is it possibly hurting or impacting anyone else?

A real Camaro owner or enthusiast will recognize within a few minutes that its not a real ZL1, and the average person on the street cant even tell the difference between an LT and SS when they see it, much less a ZL1. And as far as cost, people who don't know seem to think I paid insane amounts for my SS.

If your wanting to flaunt how much money you spent on a vehicle, you will need to go to a much higher bracket before anyone really cares, the only ones who will be like wow are other Camaro owners and enthusiast, and I direct you to my fourth paragraph on this comment.

DarkneSS 01-28-2013 06:24 PM

A reasonable concern but it likely will never happen. Best they could do is make specific parts very expensive for non owners. Like making the entire ZL1 kit cost like $3,000 for any one but owners.

DuskSS 01-28-2013 06:30 PM

whats funny is my local Camaro club has regular SS's and even a few Turboed V6s in the 1000+hp range that stomp ZL1s for lunch.. You are not that special.

Blueclyde 01-28-2013 06:36 PM

I haven't read all of the responses but this has been going on for as long as muscle cars have been around. I could care less if somebody bolts a bunch of body parts and wheels onto the SS/LT/LS. It doesn't impact the ZL1 at all. There's only one way to get a ZL1 and that is to buy one. I'm not trying to minimize anybody's modified car because there are certainly many many very tastefully modified Camaros. I'm just saying it has no impact on the ZL1.

Synyster 01-28-2013 06:41 PM

OP you probably should have bought a Lamborghini.

I hear they're pretty unique.

Les7311 01-28-2013 06:44 PM

Posted this on another thread, but heres something that sets the ZL1 (projected) to differ from the camaros.....so keep it original

While there were shouts out for V-8 powered Chevrolet Camaros, DeutscheBundeswehr picked the top-dog ZL1, suggesting that today’s ZL1 will be in 25 years what 1960s classic Camaros are to us now.

FINALLYSATISFIED 01-28-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonpope2003 (Post 6094713)
whats funny is my local Camaro club has regular SS's and even a few Turboed V6s in the 1000+hp range that stomp ZL1s for lunch.. You are not that special.

I have plenty of friends with high powered vehicles, faster then my stock ZL1. Not sure what your point is? Hell Suxhost 1LE would most likely whoop my ass, and many other members on this forum. Once again, what's your point? :facepalm: Oh wait you dont have any, and clearly misunderstood what I said. Enjoy your Dusk edition, btw.

I'm simply asking GM to make it harder to replicate, nothing more, nothing less. If they decide to add fenders, maybe a vent in the quarter panels, etc that would work which would require different lines for the front bumper/hood. I have nothing against other models. I've had them all damn near. In any case, this is a platform for opinions and this is why I love the car. Not all will agree which is everyone's right, I pay my car payment just like everyone else.

DuskSS 01-28-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED (Post 6094914)
I have plenty of friends with high powered vehicles, faster then my stock ZL1. Not sure what your point is? Hell Suxhost 1LE would most likely whoop my ass. Once again, what's your point? :facepalm: Oh wait you dont have any, and clearly misunderstood what I said. Enjoy your Dusk edition...

my point is.. you make no sense at all.
You bought a muscle car. a Camaro at that which the entire history of the car has been about modding.
If you wanted to be "exclusive" buy a freaking Bugatti. otherwise you are not special.

welcome to the world of muscle cars and cars in general.

FINALLYSATISFIED 01-28-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les7311 (Post 6094763)
Posted this on another thread, but heres something that sets the ZL1 (projected) to differ from the camaros.....so keep it original

While there were shouts out for V-8 powered Chevrolet Camaros, DeutscheBundeswehr picked the top-dog ZL1, suggesting that today’s ZL1 will be in 25 years what 1960s classic Camaros are to us now.

Probably right. :thumbsup:

Dr.Spike 01-28-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonpope2003 (Post 6094713)

Would this be at Board track racing? Drag racing? Dirt track racing? Ice racing? Formula racing? Midget car racing? Sprint car racing? Off-road racing? Pickup truck racing? Production car racing? Rally racing? Rally-cross? Road racing? Slot-car racing? Sports car racing? Stock car racing? Touring car racing? Truck racing or Lawnmower racing? :sm0:Or maybe Street racing? :confused0068:

:grouphug: :chevy:

Wait, what the heck does stomp for lunch actually mean?

I have heard 'eat for lunch' and 'stomp', but 'stomp for lunch'? :iono: :sm0:

Oh well, group hugs for all. Or maybe just a round. :drinking:

DuskSS 01-28-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Spike (Post 6094987)
Would this be at Board track racing? Drag racing? Dirt track racing? Ice racing? Formula racing? Midget car racing? Sprint car racing? Off-road racing? Pickup truck racing? Production car racing? Rally racing? Rally-cross? Road racing? Slot-car racing? Sports car racing? Stock car racing? Touring car racing? Truck racing or Lawnmower racing? :sm0:Or maybe Street racing? :confused0068:

:grouphug: :chevy:

Wait, what the heck does stomp for lunch actually mean?

I have heard 'eat for lunch' and 'stomp', but 'stomp for lunch'? :iono: :sm0:

Oh well, group hugs for all. Or maybe just a round. :drinking:

all the above as there are many different people and tastes.. some are drag peeps others are SCCA types.

Dr.Spike 01-28-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonpope2003 (Post 6095000)
all the above as there are many different people and tastes.. some are drag peeps others are SCCA types.

LOL, did you really read what I posted? I would think not.

Which peep has the SS or turbo6 lawnmower? :sm0:

If you really stand by all the above, I call :bs:

What is stomp for lunch? and where can I get some? I would like to try a new place tomorrow. :sm0:

DuskSS 01-28-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Spike (Post 6095065)
LOL, did you really read what I posted? I would think not.

Which peep has the SS or turbo6 lawnmower? :sm0:

If you really stand by all the above, I call :bs:

What is stomp for lunch? and where can I get some? I would like to try a new place tomorrow. :sm0:

I chose to ignore the juvenile dig and answer the real question.

FINALLYSATISFIED 01-28-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonpope2003 (Post 6094931)
You bought a muscle car. a Camaro at that which the entire history of the car has been about modding.
If you wanted to be "exclusive" buy a freaking Bugatti. otherwise you are not special.

It's not that I don't make sense, because clearly others understand where I'm coming from, now whether they agree or disagree is a different situation.

You made no sense at all about V6 TTs being able to beat a ZL1. Clearly you don't understand. I won't fault you for that.

NEVRL8 01-28-2013 08:11 PM

I want a ZL1 with the Cobra engine! What would that say about me? LOL!

Dr.Spike 01-28-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonpope2003 (Post 6095094)
I chose to ignore the juvenile dig and answer the real question.

:wub:

DuskSS 01-28-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED (Post 6095121)
It's not that I don't make sense, because clearly others understand where I'm coming from, now whether they agree or disagree is a different situation.

You made no sense at all about V6 TTs being able to beat a ZL1. Clearly you don't understand. I won't fault you for that.

Being as old as I am and your entire stance on customizing I'm betting I have cars older than you. welcome to the hobby.

This is part of the motorsport hobby.

dangjohnny 01-28-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonpope2003 (Post 6094931)

Well said. The op must be a kid with no understanding of cars.

mgaspari 01-28-2013 08:23 PM

there really is no need for the arguing, everyone has a different opinion. theres better ways in saying how you feel about something. RELAX guys, it's just a car.

Tribute 01-28-2013 08:26 PM

Gooosfraaabaaa Gooosfraaabaaa

Rhyder 01-28-2013 08:29 PM

I like how everyone keeps calling the new Camaro a muscle car :D

Tribute 01-28-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhyder (Post 6095263)
I like how everyone keeps calling the new Camaro a muscle car :D

We do its true, if you like we can call yours an un-muscular car? :sm0:

I kid my friend I kid. I guess modern muscle is more appropriate? Or I guess we could just say "car".

:drinking:

Red bolt 01-28-2013 09:04 PM

Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery..........just sayin'

VcrusaderV 01-28-2013 09:11 PM

If people quit putting SS badges on a V6 or ZL-1 badges on a camaro thats not then we wouldnt have anyone to laugh at anymore. It's the same ole story from the 60s/70s, posers will always come about. I remember this same topic on this forum in 2009 when dudes put red SS badges on a 1SS.

NEVRL8 01-28-2013 09:13 PM

I still want the ZL1 with a Cobra engine.....or maybe a Chevy Cruz with the ZL1 motor....yea that's it! Damn cruz owners be tryin to front! LMAO!