Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   #1109 Weapon (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232234)

rextremeak 06-21-2012 12:50 PM

#1109 Weapon

4 Attachment(s)
Well its been a little over 2 weeks now since I picked up my AGM ZL1 from Tulsa, OK and drove it to back to Seattle. Took me 3 days to get back but there was plenty of sight seeing and detours along the way.

All I can say is KUDOS to anyone who was able to stick to the break in recommendation of under 4000rpm and not over 80mph. I got to the on ramp to the freeway after leaving my dealership before that went out the window. Three turns and I couldn't help myself. I didn't bounce the needle off the rev limiter or anything but before I knew it it was doing 5-5.5k on the tacho, slapped it into 2nd, wheels churped and before I knew it the 'don't go above 80mph' went out the window too. But seriously who am I to hold her back? She wants to move and move she does. As soon as 1500 miles came around took it to 150mph before I ran out of road. Gets there quick.

All I can say is this car is amazing. Looks great, handles like a champ and moves to boot. Had a guy in a Ferrari come up to me admiring it and said he is going to look in to getting one. I've got 2445 miles clocked on it now and unfortunately I don't get to put any more on it for another 3 weeks because I had to go back to work :( Only mod so far is cosmetic, put 20% tinting on. Simple, but really helps complete the look of the car. Got blackouts ordered for the lights and bowtie.

Only cons I found so far is cosmetic from the factory and visibility issues. But the visibilty issue seems to be diminishing the more I drive and get use to the car. Cosmetics are a blemish in my ECF (shown in photo) hoping it will buff out or get replaced under warranty?? Didn't notice until I got to Seattle. Can only notice it at a certain angle to the light. Exhaust tip issue is visible on mine, right side is lower then the left. Middle console piece also doesn't stay clipped down for some reason. I think they broke the clips that hold it in on install. More warranty I would think.

All in all extremely happy with the purchase. The news of the 13' GT500 doesn't phaze that at all. Thanks GM. You did good.

TJ91 06-21-2012 12:53 PM

oh sooooo gorgous! :drool:

sammyv 06-21-2012 01:08 PM

Great story, nice ride!

DanSS24 06-21-2012 01:13 PM

I'm surprised no road/rock chips. Did you or are you going to put a clear bra on it? Looks awesome and congratulations.

sspddmn 06-21-2012 02:25 PM

Nice bro, congrats. I'm waiting for mine to get shipped. Hopefully within the next week or so. But yeah, great story and beautiful car.

rextremeak 06-21-2012 02:29 PM

Got 1 little chip on the driver side front quarter and sucked a bird into the front grill (no visible damage). Not sure about the clearbra. Kind of expensive. Would like to see a photo of a ZL1 with it on.

HDRDTD 06-21-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rextremeak (Post 5166684)
Got 1 little chip on the driver side front quarter and sucked a bird into the front grill (no visible damage). Not sure about the clearbra. Kind of expensive. Would like to see a photo of a ZL1 with it on.

Clear Bra is just that, Clear, so a photo won't reveal much of anything. The Clearbra is just a glossy as the paint.

I have it on the front facia, the mittors, and the gills on my black 2011 Vert.

Unless you know exactly where to look, you'd never know it was there.

Best $900 I ever spent. I'll be getting it applied to my ZL1 vert when it arrives just as well.

klatterblast 06-21-2012 04:19 PM

Awesome. I think some agm aac led sidemarkers would be sweet also. Its cheaper to get the bumper painted than to buy and have a clearbra installed. Actually you can have your bumper painted 3 times for $900.

rextremeak 06-21-2012 05:06 PM

That's kind of what I was thinking. Cheaper to repaint. From what i understand there will still be a visible seam with clearbra correct?

DangerZL1 06-21-2012 05:16 PM

I'd drop it by the dealer to look at the ECF. If its the circle in the pic, then they should replace it. Hopefully it will be available.

2010 SSRS 06-21-2012 05:18 PM

looks absolutely awesome, Congrats

BeachBum 06-21-2012 08:34 PM

Congrats - Maybe I'll See You On The Streets In Seattle

OldScoolCamaro 06-21-2012 08:44 PM

Nice car OP. To solve visibiltiy issues. When driving, treat the road like a chess game and think 4 moves ahead. You won't have to be distracted by errant drivers if you pick your spots and move towards them. Enjoy your ride. Congrats.

stlrammer 06-21-2012 08:52 PM

You guys and your ZL1s are giving me the new car itch.