CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   6th Gen CAMARO?? Already??? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86454)

Whorable MPG1975 05-29-2010 03:02 AM

6th Gen CAMARO?? Already???

Was reading some stuff on the forums and saw a few links and clips talking about the 6th Gen Camaro. When is this supposed to come into production??
Styling and performance should be interesting too, the Alpha platform should be a bit lighter, right? What car uses that platform? Man, now I am wondering if I should wait a bit longer to see how this develops. Got any spy shots yet,lol??:D

lock 05-29-2010 06:27 AM

Id say at best 3 years away.

shroomjohn 05-29-2010 07:22 AM

nosrettap58 05-29-2010 08:33 AM

Personally it scares me. My attraction to the camaro, along with alot of other features, has always been it's size. I feel it was kept in proportion to it's heritage unlike the mustang, which achieved it's best car in years 1969-1970, then went to shit. I'm not sure i would want the camaro to be smaller, but it's impossible to say until it comes out. So far, the plan for me is a 2012, zeta!!

SSOOCH 05-29-2010 09:32 AM

I'll love it when the 6th GEN comes out, especially if it's smaller. The 5th GEN will look like a big Muscle car next to it. Just like it does when you pull up next to a 4th GEN.

v6sonoma 05-29-2010 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosrettap58 (Post 1919649)
Personally it scares me. My attraction to the camaro, along with alot of other features, has always been it's size. I feel it was kept in proportion to it's heritage unlike the mustang, which achieved it's best car in years 1969-1970, then went to shit. I'm not sure i would want the camaro to be smaller, but it's impossible to say until it comes out. So far, the plan for me is a 2012, zeta!!

From what I understand it won't be smaller so much as significantly lighter. The alpha platform will also be used for I believe it was the Lacrosse and they said it will be able to accommodate an even larger car/new model. So I don't see it shrinking much if any at all. Just getting some lypo. lol :rolleyes:

BlackieRay 05-29-2010 10:30 AM

The Alpha is supposed to be smaller, emulating the BMW 3 series however, the recent 3 series is far from small, which is quite disappointing actually. A smaller Camaro would be a top seller. Smaller cars are more nimble and easier to make fast. The current car is huge and heavy, turning off many buyers though it has fantastic styling, which I hope they carry over into any new model. There's a timeless appeal to the traditional musclecar short deck styling.

AZCamaroFan 05-29-2010 10:44 AM

Alpha is not for the Lacrosse. It's for the next generation Cadillac CTS and their new small car the ATS. The ATS will debut first. The last report on when the Camaro goes to that platform was in Motor Trend two months ago--in 2014 as a 2015 model. That's still 4 years away.

DGthe3 06-04-2010 01:20 PM

Alpha will cover midsize and large RWD cars. The next CTS will use it and will be upsized to compete with the 5 series. The small end of the platform will be for midsize cars. Its assumed that the Camaro will use the small version of Alpha

clg_98ta 06-04-2010 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosrettap58 (Post 1919649)

While the 2010 doesn't feel a log larger on the inside, externally it is a much bigger car that the earlier generations. Its longer and wider and more difficult to wedge thru my 'single' garage door and into the space I previously parked my 98 Firebird.

I am looking forward to the 6th gen which should return to the 'pony' car dimensions that the Camaro has always had.

vm1971 06-04-2010 01:29 PM

... i love my hulking beast.

Jekyll-N-Hyde 06-04-2010 01:35 PM

Mine parks next to my 69 in the garage. Yes it is a Much larger car however what people dont seem to get is the reason this car got larger better yet heavier is due to the safety equipment it had to gain. Mustangs time will come. Its not Far off from the Mustang in the weight department like yall think.

curtain airbags
Brembos
20 inch wheels
Factory Exhaust ( especially the L99 )

And dont listen to that weight that is printed inside the drivers door mine was 63 lbs less that what that siad with a full tank of Gas.

I weighed it at a truck stop on one of there scales

Yes it got larger in size however look at all trucks and cars today they are all Bigger looking.
The Mustang may not get bigger but she will gain some weight otherwise it wont fit saftey standard for the future.

Mr_Draco 06-04-2010 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clg_98ta (Post 1945907)
While the 2010 doesn't feel a log larger on the inside, externally it is a much bigger car that the earlier generations. Its longer and wider and more difficult to wedge thru my 'single' garage door and into the space I previously parked my 98 Firebird.

I am looking forward to the 6th gen which should return to the 'pony' car dimensions that the Camaro has always had.

Actually it isn't that much bigger then the 4th gens. The 5th gen is about 5 inches taller, 1.5 inches wider but it is about 2 inches shorter then then 4th gens. it just appears to be much bigger but it's not.

danraz98 06-04-2010 06:26 PM

Im tall I like the extra space. Think it great just like it is