CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Rumor: 6th gen 2014 Camaro, CTS to join Cadillac ATS on ALPHA Rear-Drive Platform (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64196)

C.A.M.R.E 02-05-2010 05:24 PM

Hello

Long time reader, first time poster.

Why cant we have a V8 and a ttv6 with AWD and lighter weight? Sounds like a good GTR killer to me.

Milk 1027 02-05-2010 05:25 PM

O
M
G
:facepalm:

think before you post people. The SS will not be V6!!!! I don't know how you guys are getting that idea. Seriously.

Darth_Emma 02-05-2010 05:35 PM

I'm glad my 2SS with a V8 is out in my garage.

dstairs 02-05-2010 05:42 PM

If you look out there in the real world there are millions of people that drove V6 Camaros from Gen 1 all the way thru to Gen 5! Of course the Gen 5 stats show V8's far outpacing the V6, that can be expected after a break in production and the re-introduction of the Camaro.

The rabid performance customers will always be willing to pay more for power or for something brand new!

Future Model Years of the Gen 5 will show more and more V6 models being sold. With a Twin Turbo in the works it would be not all that surprising to see the V8 actually flip flop.

I think the SS and possible Z28 will remain V8 powered, just less of them being sold as the TT 6 becomes a reality.

Milk 1027 02-05-2010 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dstairs (Post 1453007)
If you look out there in the real world there are millions of people that drove V6 Camaros from Gen 1 all the way thru to Gen 5! Of course the Gen 5 stats show V8's far outpacing the V6, that can be expected after a break in production and the re-introduction of the Camaro.

The rabid performance customers will always be willing to pay more for power or for something brand new!

Future Model Years of the Gen 5 will show more and more V6 models being sold. With a Twin Turbo in the works it would be not all that surprising to see the V8 actually flip flop.

I think the SS and possible Z28 will remain V8 powered, just less of them being sold as the TT 6 becomes a reality.

:word:

Now this comment actually makes sense.

KSCamaro 02-05-2010 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brokinarrow (Post 1452803)
there is always a bigger engine.

You should tell that to the folks saying, "It's not a Camaro without a v8!"

You can't count the number of people who appreciate the cars looks, handling and performance. Then you have a group that only judges the car on it's engine size.

Your comment is exactly why I don't understand the people who say, "You're getting a muscle car without the muscle." if you opt for the V6. If you're racing the car or a collector, that's one thing. For the average person who wants a beautiful daily driver, that's another. I don't need to get from 0-60 one second faster, and that V8 is going to have to pull over 100 miles before the V6 for gas.

I think this is a pretty short-sighted thread. The fact is, the world we live in is not sustainable. Natural gas and oil are going to run out and some of you may see it in your lifetime. But hey, go ahead and burn up as much as you can while you're here, right? :thumbup:

Don't get me wrong. I'm not up on any pedestal and I'm not a tree-hugger.
I just think it's something to consider. No matter what, life is going to get very interesting in the next few decades.

76z28 02-05-2010 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCI CamaroFan (Post 1452870)
More like, "let's drive this country into economic ruin"

oh well, you guys will learn when gas hits upwards of $5 a gallon.

this is not what i said
it wont drive the country into economic ruin
although it does hurt it it wont
i can also say the v6 really wont help either...
because as the economy grows so does our demand for oil
or as our demand for oil grows so does our economy

PatrickfromMD 02-05-2010 06:18 PM

Why don’t they just add 2 cylinders to the 3.6 DI, It’s a nice motor.
It would probably put out 425hp at 4.8 liters :w00t:
(not the big displacement we would like, :cry: but the times are changing, got to have a little give and take)
MAD MAX would say, we’ve got the “last of the big V8s”
Then we can add the supercharging :thumbup:

Mr. Wyndham 02-05-2010 06:41 PM

Wow...what a derailment of a thread....:rolleyes:

Interesting news...But given how "tentative" things have become at GM (see the rapid cancellation of that Buick Plug-In SUV)...I wouldn't put too much weight into this "revelation". That's...5 years from now, 4.5 to be "accurate". A LOT can change, including powertrain choices. After all, depending on sales and market conditions, the 6thgen Camaro could be accelerated, or it could be delayed....

The bottom line is to increase fuel economy while maintaining performance...so maybe a V8 will be used to do that (the DI V8s will be out and still new at that time)...maybe not. :iono:

"Don't kill it till it's dead" I was once told. I think this is a good example.

BUT...on a positive note...there IS talk of a 6th gen Camaro. That's good news for us all!!! :clap: :chevy: :D