CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   6th Gen Camaro moved back to 2015 or 2016? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268499)

MarkSS 01-10-2013 01:24 PM

In this case SOME dealers might know something about it because they had a conference in Vegas where some beans were spilled.

PAUL SS 01-10-2013 02:57 PM

Speculation, guessing and BS. Until someone with some authority says something, don't believe anything.

The Baron 01-10-2013 03:48 PM

I believe it. Standard gm life cycle is 7 years..

v6sonoma 01-10-2013 03:58 PM

How exactly would moving it change anything? Nothing is built anywhere now so what is there to move? They are just gonna set up shop in the new plant. Hell it could already have been there for a year already waiting to go into CTF mode. How would anyone who isn't supposed to know, know!? Ya know? :rolleyes:

PAUL SS 01-10-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v6sonoma (Post 6018897)
How exactly would moving it change anything? Nothing is built anywhere now so what is there to move? They are just gonna set up shop in the new plant. Hell it could already have been there for a year already waiting to go into CTF mode. How would anyone who isn't supposed to know, know!? Ya know? :rolleyes:

That's what I was thinking. The future plant could have been well into conversion before the switch from Canada to the U.S. was announced. Heck, the first 6th gen Camaro could roll off the U.S. line as the last 5th gen is rolling off the line in Oshawa. We are so uninformed.

dorfmac 01-10-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAUL SS (Post 6018623)
Speculation, guessing and BS. Until someone with some authority says something, don't believe anything.

Wouldn't Mike be someone w authority? I thought he said they would stop producing Camaros at his plant in 2015 or something. Couple that with GMs announcement that 6th gen Camaros will be produced in America. It makes sense that that's when the 6th will come out.

Mr. iNCREDIBLE 01-10-2013 04:55 PM

I agree with the dealer being full of crap.

however GM history shows us that the typical life span of a given design or model is 6 - 7 years.

Mr. Wyndham 01-10-2013 05:53 PM

The Rumormill says that the car appeared as a 2016 MY in internal systems.....take that for what it's worth...

From my perspective...the car is selling well enough, and performing awesome enough...to not need to rush a new generation out the door...:iono:

PAUL SS 01-10-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorfmac (Post 6019100)
Wouldn't Mike be someone w authority? I thought he said they would stop producing Camaros at his plant in 2015 or something. Couple that with GMs announcement that 6th gen Camaros will be produced in America. It makes sense that that's when the 6th will come out.

Not to diminish Mike's comments, but Scott, Cheryl, Al or Ed etc would have more authority. Upper management has the details and won't be talking out of turn.

Infinite-T 01-10-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 (Post 5977048)
99% of dealers know nothing about future product schedules. And of course they don't want you to wait, they want to sell cars now and not worry about two years from now.

Heh, ya. I bought my 11 in mid August 11. I asked the dealer when he thought they would get the new 12s in. He said, ooh, probably not until at least Jan '12... when I went in to sign the papers the sales manager told me the same thing. Then I told him the dealer up the road had some 12s he wanted to sell me for as much as this 11! I punched them up on the website on my phone and showed him.... he he... I got a good deal and I got the RJT I really wanted.

About a week later, i dove by the dealer and saw a whole row of 12s right out front...

Dealers want your money NOW! Theyll tell you whatever crap they can come up with if they think it will help.

ernie scar 01-12-2013 06:23 PM

This is long winded, bear with me.

I wouldn’t believe too much of what these dealers are telling you. Like others have said these guys only want to sell cars, they will tell you anything to get you to put an order in for one.

I talked to a salesman here where I live (I have known this guy for about 15 years) about future updates to the Camaro (6th gen. ZL1 body changes and the upgraded engine option). His response was that he doesn’t get too much information about car design or changes until the car is almost released. He said there is probably more information on the car forums and internet than what he could give me.

The only problem I could see about waiting to order a car would be with the ZL1 in 2012. Some orders were pushed into the 2013 build cycle and instead of getting a 2012 order the car was slated for a 2013 order.

This is probably one of the reasons I am going to put in an order for a ZL1 sooner than later. I like the current design of the car. I already know I will be playing the waiting game and if I have to wait for one I want it to be in the current body style.

I can’t remember where I read this, but the article went on to say the 5th generation Camaro has been selling very well with its current design; and the fact that the engineers had their work cut out for them if they were going to improve the look of the current car.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there is some department at GM headquarters (not to mention all the other car manufactures) that monitors forums like these to see what the consensus is on car changes etc. It makes you wonder if they throw bits and pieces on the net to see what kind of reaction they will get as well.

Anyway sorry for the length but I had to throw in my 2 cents worth.

Note:

Sorry I focused on the ZL1; I know you are going to order a 1le. This information would probably apply to both cars.

GaBoy25 01-12-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ernie scar (Post 6027616)

I wouldn’t believe too much of what these dealers are telling you. Like others have said these guys only want to sell cars, they will tell you anything to get you to put an order in for one.

I talked to a salesman here where I live (I have known this guy for about 15 years) about future updates to the Camaro (6th gen. ZL1 body changes and the upgraded engine option). His response was that he doesn’t get too much information about car design or changes until the car is almost released. He said there is probably more information on the car forums and internet than what he could give me.

The only problem I could see about waiting to order a car would be with the ZL1 in 2012. Some orders were pushed into the 2013 build cycle and instead of getting a 2012 order the car was slated for a 2013 order.

This is probably one of the reasons I am going to put in an order for a ZL1 sooner than later. I like the current design of the car. I already know I will be playing the waiting game and if I have to wait for one I want it to be in the current body style.

I can’t remember where I read this, but the article went on to say the 5th generation Camaro has been selling very well with its current design; and the fact that the engineers had their work cut out for them if they were going to improve the look of the current car.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there is some department at GM headquarters (not to mention all the other car manufactures) that monitors forums like these to see what the consensus is on car changes etc. It makes you wonder if they throw bits and pieces on the net to see what kind of reaction they will get as well.

Note:

Sorry I focused on the ZL1; I know you are going to order a 1le. This information would probably apply to both cars.

I enjoyed that thoroughly :w00t:

PAUL SS 01-12-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ernie scar (Post 6027616)

Note:

There was a member of "the twelve desciples (of which there really 13)" on this forum asking us members what we would like to see in the next Camaro.

The Stig 01-12-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAUL SS (Post 6028194)
There was a member of "the twelve desciples (of which there really 13)" on this forum asking us members what we would like to see in the next Camaro.

About half of the Disciples are members of camaro5.

And just keep in mind - the ZL1 was originally just going to be offered in the manual transmission. We, Camaro5, convinced them to offer it with both transmissions.

GaBoy25 01-12-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Stig (Post 6028266)

And just keep in mind - the ZL1 was originally just going to be offered in the manual transmission. We, Camaro5, convinced them to offer it with both transmissions.

This kind of interaction and involvement makes me proud beyond words. We are truly blessed; call it what you want.

:chevy:

The 2010 Sin 01-12-2013 10:08 PM

The last GM meeting my friends were told the 2015 model car is the new 6th gen body style. I plan on dumping both my 2010 and 2013 then. :-)

horizon670 02-06-2013 07:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I agree, why change it if it's still so popular! and GM is still making its biggest revenue from the Camaro and still outselling the Mustang

If the GM Design Team needs some inspiration for the next 6th Gen, here is my own concept I made , what do you guys think ?

Inspired from the new 2014 Corvette with the new LEDs , new curved lines...

Mr. Wyndham 02-06-2013 07:20 PM

Sooo...is it a Camarovette? :D

The Baron 02-06-2013 07:25 PM

I totally believe it..

You all need to look at the big picture. Gm has done this before. . Mainly the first time.

Ford is releasing a brand new mustang and is releasing it for it in 2015.. if gm is smart and does not want the whole Zl-gt500 debacle again they wait.

The IOM Ninja 02-06-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Stig (Post 6028266)

I think you might be giving too much credit to yourself/Camaro5. GM had an Automatic ZL1 test car and for that matter the CTS-V has an automatic. It only made sense since they were using essentially the same power-train and drive-train.

Quote:

Originally Posted by horizon670 (Post 6129966)
I agree, why change it if it's still so popular! and GM is still making its biggest revenue from the Camaro and still outselling the Mustang

If the GM Design Team needs some inspiration for the next 6th Gen, here is my own concept I made , what do you guys think ?

Inspired from the new 2014 Corvette with the new LEDs , new curved lines...

Don't quit your day job :sm0: , I still hate the Viper looking headlights on the Corvette. I know they were designed by different parties at the same time but I don't know how anyone didn't say "maybe we should change the lights a tad after the Viper was unveiled..."

IMO...

OldScoolCamaro 02-06-2013 07:28 PM

...don't put much faith or stock into what the dealers tell you, not saying anything against the dealer to make an issue, but they know less than we do here.

77rs 02-06-2013 07:32 PM

I think gen 6 will come out spring '16. (and with hugger orange as an optional color).

The IOM Ninja 02-06-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro (Post 6130013)
...don't put much faith or stock into what the dealers tell you, not saying anything against the dealer to make an issue, but they know less than we do here.

If I had a dime for every idiot that works at a dealership, I'd be richer than Bill Gates....

OldScoolCamaro 02-06-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja (Post 6130046)
If I had a dime for every idiot that works at a dealership, I'd be richer than Bill Gates....

...LOL, :D, you know the saying about opinions (meaning theirs not yours)....;),...everybody's got one...:)