CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Do you really think the 6th Gen will be so close to a 5th? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=392637)

alini 01-19-2015 09:29 PM

Do you really think the 6th Gen will be so close to a 5th?

With the complete underpinnings changing, the test mules and renderings look like slightly modified 5th gens. What if They plan on bringing something completely different out and the mules have just been modified 5th gen parts on the ATS frame. Apart from a few adjustments to grill and headlights, I dont see any difference in the doors, windows or trunk to say they are showing us anything different.

Number 3 01-19-2015 09:43 PM

The prototypes (not mules) indicate a similar car, an evolutionary design.

I expect a giant leap in performance, a huge improvement in the interior in style and materials.

But I believe you will recognize it as a Camaro.

The prototypes are still hiding the details and jewelry that will make the new car stand out from the current car.

Just my opinion, but GM will move this car into the next level of performance and refinement.

90503 01-19-2015 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alini (Post 8180336)
With the complete underpinnings changing, the test mules and renderings look like slightly modified 5th gens. What if They plan on bringing something completely different out and the mules have just been modified 5th gen parts on the ATS frame. Apart from a few adjustments to grill and headlights, I dont see any difference in the doors, windows or trunk to say they are showing us anything different.

For sure a major change with the "underpinnings"....That jives with a new generation for the car...

So far the exterior styling looks very similar with a few things different....
Perhaps not so much a new generation in looks over the 5th....

To me an "evolution" in styling isn't the same as a new "generation"....
...but, not my call....I was hoping for something a little more radical in exterior styling change to go with the new platform and new LT engine(s), and a new Generation....

I guess we'll see soon enough how it all comes out....Perhaps the exterior will stay with conservative changes...I think they know the Gen5 looks great, and just don't have anything major designed to risk as a replacement so to speak....

...All good....I hope it's a hit however it comes out...

DenverTaco07 01-19-2015 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 3 (Post 8180356)
The prototypes (not mules) indicate a similar car, an evolutionary design.

I expect a giant leap in performance, a huge improvement in the interior in style and materials.

But I believe you will recognize it as a Camaro.

The prototypes are still hiding the details and jewelry that will make the new car stand out from the current car.

Just my opinion, but GM will move this car into the next level of performance and refinement.

:clap:

Posaune 01-20-2015 12:30 PM

5th Gen being as successful as it was/is, I wouldn't expect a huge departure from that formula. Update the styling. Address 'issues' that buyers had with their 5th Gen. Improve performance.

There won't be a big change (including overall size) that a few people are hoping for.

Rule #1: You don't change what isn't broken.

mako22 01-20-2015 12:40 PM

the only thing we haven't seen are the grilles/vents/badges/head & taillights - which can have a big impact on the overall look. But it is going to look like an evolved 5th gen no doubt.

fradaj 01-20-2015 06:16 PM

I hope the C6 keeps the 69 retro vibe of the C5. There is still room for improvement to the C5 and I am expecting a significant move forward with the C6. Hope they can find a way to make it look cooler than the C5, should be much more refined with six years of more advanced technology.

SS22 01-20-2015 06:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Im still hoping for something like this...

mt3130 01-20-2015 08:01 PM

To answer the thread title's question, I hope not. I'll be sad if they go through the trouble to change the platform, engine and tranny, only for the aesthetics of the car to change less than they did for the 2014 MY refresh, it will be quite disappointing.

Q'smuscle 01-20-2015 10:27 PM

Agree!

camaro2lt 01-20-2015 10:31 PM

Huge leap in performance is a must because the competitors are gaining ground on camaro. For 6 years the design of camaro has made it the best selling sports car in North America, beating out mustang and Challenger. I would not expect the next camaro to be a radical departure from the 5th gen. I would expect better performance as well as a design that looks like the latest Camaro bumblebee

DanSS24 01-20-2015 11:22 PM

I've always loved handling performance more than looks. Now matter what car I had, I always upgraded with track performance in mind. That being said, while the powertrain, chassis, brakes and suspension will be all new, I hope the looks will not be too far off (understanding that it will be a evolutionary design), from the Gen5.

MrChrisLS3 01-21-2015 10:48 AM

Put me in the "don't mess with success" camp. The 5th gen was a huge hit for GM.

Looking at the teaser shot, I see the signatures of the car with a little bit better aero. I suspect it will be a little sleeker, leaner, and meaner.

One thought that keeps buzzing in my head, is that if, and it's a big if, they move the Corvette to a mid engine Ford GT killer, the Camaro might become their new front engined rwd grand tourer. Having said that, the two things I don't want to see are a mid engined Vette, and $60K base sticker V8 Camaro.

SuperSound 01-21-2015 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 (Post 8183443)
One thought that keeps buzzing in my head, is that if, and it's a big if, they move the Corvette to a mid engine Ford GT killer, the Camaro might become their new front engined rwd grand tourer. Having said that, the two things I don't want to see are a mid engined Vette, and $60K base sticker V8 Camaro.

The Ford GT occupies a niche market. It would make no sense to move the Corvette out of it's current segment and into a higher market. Not to say a "super" Corvette with mid engine setup isn't possible, but they would keep a cheaper Corvette with the traditional design for sure.

For what it is worth, there have been several times rumors of a mid engine Corvette and none have come into being. No reason to start believing rumors now either.