Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Should I be this attached to a color? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300426)

mc_acoustic 06-07-2013 12:25 AM

Should I be this attached to a color?

I have been thinking of trading my v6 for a v8 lately.

The only thing literally stopping me from going forward.... Is the fact that my car is synergy green and I can't seem to find a v8 in green near me.

I dont really like the other colors except the green....

is it stupid for me to want the car for the color only?

Or should I just trade it?

RenegadeSS 06-07-2013 12:33 AM

Personally I love the SGM, but ultimately you gotta do what makes you happy. I say keep it until you do come across a SGM one.

AmericanMuscleCars 06-07-2013 12:35 AM

Don't force it when you will regret it later, wait and find the synergy green v8 so you don't regret it later.

mc_acoustic 06-07-2013 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmericanMuscleCars (Post 6639970)
Don't force it when you will regret it later, wait and find the synergy green v8 so you don't regret it later.

Yeah I think thats what I will do.

I have alot of work in my car too though and only putting more work into it... I just don't want to have TOO much work into the car to only find out that I have to "de-mod" the whole thing you know?

lscamaro 06-07-2013 01:56 AM

If you're going to be turning it in to a dealership, you'll probably want to demod because you'll get more for your mods that way. I'd take the advice given and wait it out until you find a v8 in SGM.

NorCalStorm 06-07-2013 02:44 AM

also the 14s are coming out so maybe a few more sgms will come available from people trading in?? i know people on here with sgms know the rarity of their color but everday people who thought the color was cool might be trading in for something else??

Dont take my word for it but thats just my $.02

cadyshac 06-07-2013 04:05 AM

Keep what you got til you find what you want, I too am stuck on SGM.

Mutant Racer 06-07-2013 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mc_acoustic (Post 6639947)
I dont really like the other colors except the green....

is it stupid for me to want the car for the color only?

Or should I just trade it?

Nope not at all. Some muscle car owners are like that. They want their car a certain way and are pretty stubborn about it.

I see the green's showing up at dealerships from time to time so if you're patient you can get exactly what you want. It's also common for dealerships to keep an eye out for certain cars if you make it worth their while.

Blu Ray 06-07-2013 05:48 AM

my friend has a synergy and man that color is nice, all the Girls and Kids LOVE it.....

Pagliaro 06-07-2013 06:20 AM

I got a 2011 V6 just for the SGM so yeah I got stuck on the color too. It's the only color I was willing to get. The V8's in that color are all out of my price range.

Oddly enough it being the only color for me doesn't make any other color less attractive.

The Camaro's curves show off any color really well just in different ways.

SuperSport2011 06-07-2013 06:22 AM

Yes you should wait because I almost settled for another color that I liked and I know in the end I would have regretted it. I waited and couldn't be happier.

angie7 06-07-2013 09:50 AM

I traded my CGM v6 for a SS. Looked everywhere for a CGM with everything I wanted but never found one. White was my next choice and found her 3 hours away. I love my white!!! But still miss my CGM. Its all a matter of how bad you want it.

San2cci 06-07-2013 09:53 AM

Get the V8 in some other color. It is worth a lot more than a color compared to a V6.

MrandMrsNinja 06-07-2013 10:00 AM

wait until you found one. we went through the same thing. luckily, about a month after we had the talk about wanting to trade up we found a fully loaded SGM right down the road