CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   NO SPARE in TRUNK...SO... (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=624518)

JimmyFD43 03-27-2024 05:30 PM

NO SPARE in TRUNK...SO...

2 Attachment(s)
A couple of vert owners had a hitch installed to tow a small trailer...or to carry a bike or two. I liked the idea of a hitch to carry my e-bike and also to turn it into a spare tire carrier...which I did, IF you're a Camaro purist...I know this Ain't for you...But that's why they make chocolate ...and vanilla...lol.

Evergreen6 03-27-2024 06:07 PM

That probably works better if your front and rear tires are the same size. Not so for my SS. The setup is hideous, but, it accomplishes a need, clearly.

Back when I was commuting for work, I had my 2014 Camaro LS. Was putting like 25k miles per year on it. I'd leave early in the morning and I wasn't going to wait for AAA if I ever got a flat tire. So I carried a full-size matching spare tire and wheel in the trunk. It was perfect for holding groceries, as it lived in there with the wheel face down. I could set all sorts of stuff in the wheel and it would stay put.

JimmyFD43 03-27-2024 06:08 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I thought I would finish off the pictures of the new interior. I thought about leather, but my pups talked me out of it...the cost was a tad high to get paw scratches, and then THEY get in trouble...yeah, sure. The guy who did the install did a super job at a reasonable cost...at least I think it was reasonable...my wife...not so much...c'est la vie...Because of the pups I added seat cushions and got lucky with a perfect match in the vinyl and red stitching. I added a lot of red carbon fiber trim...Again, NOT to the spouse's liking...She thinks I can take it to Mexico and make a killing selling the car, The back seat wind deflector is great, It keeps my grey flock of hair in good stead, The front tag has a Hopkins Backup Sensor System - Audible Alert - License Bracket Mount
Item # HM60100VA..same on the rear...I have had 7 or 8 of these sensors on various vehicles that did not have a factory sensor (on my first car at ...a 1907 Model T....lol). ,,,and they really do the job. REALLY quick and easy install...and I'm 81...lol

DriftR 03-27-2024 06:10 PM

Coming from a '24 LT1 with run flats, i can kinda sympathize. I switched out to 1LE's as soon as I could but plug kits aside... I like to be self sufficient! Threw one in the trunk and added a jack and puck made me feel better. Thankfully my T/A and even my C4 vert have donuts.

I added red accents and as nice (and costly) as they are I kept the black knee pads on the center console and just kept them on the doors. Wifey approved! ;)

JimmyFD43 03-27-2024 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evergreen6 (Post 11414446)
That probably works better if your front and rear tires are the same size. Not so for my SS. The setup is hideous, but, it accomplishes a need, clearly.

Back when I was commuting for work, I had my 2014 Camaro LS. Was putting like 25k miles per year on it. I'd leave early in the morning and I wasn't going to wait for AAA if I ever got a flat tire. So I carried a full-size matching spare tire and wheel in the trunk. It was perfect for holding groceries, as it lived in there with the wheel face down. I could set all sorts of stuff in the wheel and it would stay put.

Not a convertible, I would surmise...lol

Evergreen6 03-27-2024 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimmyFD43 (Post 11414450)
Not a convertible, I would surmise...lol

No, I'm guessing there's not enough room in the trunk for a full size tire/wheel so a hitch-mount spare is the only way for you guys.

What's the reflective tape on the inside door edge? That's a good way to add some safety if you ever have to get out on the side of the road. I like it.

ARCamaroGuy 03-27-2024 07:34 PM

That looks hideous and that's putting it nicely haha

JohnE 03-27-2024 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARCamaroGuy (Post 11414465)

Can't agree more with you. Sorry to the OP. Keep a tire patch (and plug) kit in the trunk along with a small emergency air compressor.

22SS1LE 03-27-2024 07:43 PM

well probably wont get stolen now

Callaway SC630 03-27-2024 07:47 PM

I wish I could un-see that.

The Maverick 03-27-2024 07:49 PM

A great practical solution for lengthy vert road trips. :thumbup: Maybe if you attach a big wing to the top of it that would turn around some of the naysayers? :smiling1:

arpad_m 03-27-2024 09:26 PM

You guys are way too brutal, it doesn't look half, what half, not even quarter as bad as the 2019 front end :smoking:

While I'd never do this on my car, I understand the concern and it fits the color theme of the car fairly well, plus it's removable, of course. Good work, OP.

JimmyFD43 03-27-2024 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evergreen6 (Post 11414457)
No, I'm guessing there's not enough room in the trunk for a full size tire/wheel so a hitch-mount spare is the only way for you guys.

What's the reflective tape on the inside door edge? That's a good way to add some safety if you ever have to get out on the side of the road. I like it.

Lowes...cheap...It's the retired cop syndrome...lol...I have seen a few injuries at night when a door gets opened and gets hit.

JimmyFD43 03-27-2024 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARCamaroGuy (Post 11414465)

As I said...chocolate and vanilla... lol