CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   2024 Stuck in Quality Control/Delayed (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=622118)

OutBurst 01-03-2024 07:17 PM

2024 Stuck in Quality Control/Delayed

So my 24 2SS 1LE has been stuck in NJ for two-three weeks now and my dealership says it has gone from being in 'quality control' to 'delayed.' I can't seem to get a straight answer from them or maybe they just don't know. Can anyone assist who might be able to get more information?

pitrott1 01-03-2024 09:59 PM

2 things, first hop on facebook find Chevrolet and give them your sit and if they don't help do what I did. Shame them on full blast as millions will read it. Second, it maybe the car was damaged in route. Ask dealer for pix!! And if the dealer won't provide said pix, he dicked you over!
Cheers!
Never End the Fight!

CTRifecta 01-04-2024 05:32 PM

QC delays are real, however I thought they were pretty much a thing of the past now that covid-related parts / chip shortage issues have been resolved. another interesting item is that, I thought QC would be in Michigan, not NJ.

I would go to the dealership in person, try to see the screens they see which might have any further details to verify it indeed is delayed and in QC.

OutBurst 01-04-2024 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitrott1 (Post 11393227)
2 things, first hop on facebook find Chevrolet and give them your sit and if they don't help do what I did. Shame them on full blast as millions will read it. Second, it maybe the car was damaged in route. Ask dealer for pix!! And if the dealer won't provide said pix, he dicked you over!
Cheers!
Never End the Fight!

That's a little aggressive. This isn't a fight and the dealership is doing nothing wrong. They just aren't getting good information from GM is all.

OutBurst 01-04-2024 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTRifecta (Post 11393423)
QC delays are real, however I thought they were pretty much a thing of the past now that covid-related parts / chip shortage issues have been resolved. another interesting item is that, I thought QC would be in Michigan, not NJ.

I would go to the dealership in person, try to see the screens they see which might have any further details to verify it indeed is delayed and in QC.

I have been do the dealership multiple times - I have a very good relationship with them.

News today is that it is event code 4200 but also shows as delivered to the dealership on Dec 16th (obviously wasn't). And no, it hasn't been delivered to someone else - my dealership would NEVER do this to me.

I called the GM Executive Offices today and they are trying to get answers. They even said that their system shows 5 different statuses.

So, after today, no one knows!

pitrott1 01-04-2024 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OutBurst (Post 11393452)
That's a little aggressive. This isn't a fight and the dealership is doing nothing wrong. They just aren't getting good information from GM is all.

When you put down time effort and $$ and the dealer is jerking you off it pays to shame chevy so the world can see. It gets shit done. Snowflakes melt into the dust bin of history! And who cares if chevy get a hemorrhoid over the customer concerns.

GearheadSS 01-05-2024 08:12 AM

2-3 weeks is nothing. I have one that has been delayed since 9/11/23.

GearheadSS 01-05-2024 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitrott1 (Post 11393518)
When you put down time effort and $$ and the dealer is jerking you off it pays to shame chevy so the world can see. It gets shit done. Snowflakes melt into the dust bin of history! And who cares if chevy get a hemorrhoid over the customer concerns.

Oh boy. The dealer isn't the problem here. This is a GM/Chevrolet issue, not a dealership issue. Calm down ffs.

pitrott1 01-05-2024 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GearheadSS (Post 11393574)
Oh boy. The dealer isn't the problem here. This is a GM/Chevrolet issue, not a dealership issue. Calm down ffs.

FFS, wtf do you think i was talking about. Hit up chevy on social media!
Calm down FF sakes.

scottbeyer18 01-06-2024 08:34 AM

Not sure when yours was built, but mine took nearly 2 months after being built to arrive at the dealer in NJ. Shipping was definitely screwy as cars that were built weeks after mine arrived at the same dealer a week before mine.

BluePhoenix 01-06-2024 09:21 AM

QC Delays seem pretty normal if you've followed the status request threads. When the car gets to an auto rail yard point where it's transferred from rail car to holding lot for a car trailer to pick it up it can sit there for a couple of weeks waiting for pick up to be taken to your dealer, it's a matter of waiting for a car trailer load to be full for your dealer or for your dealer and other GM dealers in that general area before it gets picked up from the auto rail yard. I think it can be placed in QC & Delayed at that auto rail yard point as well , that may have happened to mine for a few days or for about a week I don't really recall, but it was all ok. I wish you luck, and besides calling customer care there's probably not much you can do but to keep following up on it a couple times a week.

OutBurst 01-20-2024 09:46 AM

Car finally arrived. No one seems to know anything. No worries, however. My detailer did a full inspection and confirmed there was NO damage so we're good to go.

SomeGeoffGuy 01-20-2024 11:20 AM

Congrats! Pics?

-Geoff

CTRifecta 01-20-2024 08:29 PM

great to hear OP, and yes, post some pictures!