CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Auto News (surprise Chevy unveiling) (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=390691)

'01LS1 01-05-2015 10:40 AM

Auto News (surprise Chevy unveiling)

Was just reading this...Make of it what you will. Would personally love to see the new Camaro revealed in Detroit. But could see the NY auto show making sense as well in another 90 days.

Chevrolet
The second-generation Chevrolet Volt plug-in hybrid makes its debut, boasting a redesigned drive unit and battery pack. Teaser photos show a wider grille and more-rounded rear decklid as part of evolutionary design changes. Chevy is expected to disclose whether the 2016 model’s electric range will exceed the current car’s estimated 38 miles. Rumors are circulating of a surprise unveiling from Chevrolet at the show, although insiders are tight-lipped.

http://www.autonews.com/article/2015...r-into-detroit

ilirg 01-05-2015 11:15 AM

What else could they surprise us with besides the new camaro?

Bhobbs 01-05-2015 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilirg (Post 8150658)
What else could they surprise us with besides the new camaro?

It could be anything. A Zora ZR1 mid engine concept, for instance.

'01LS1 01-05-2015 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhobbs (Post 8150661)
It could be anything. A Zora ZR1 mid engine concept, for instance.

I am thinking Cruze or Malibu concepts.:frusty: What I am saying is I am not getting my hopes up for Detroit.

With Cadillac HQ in NYC & the new Camaro moving to Cadillacs production facility along with spring weather... can see the NY auto show being a more realistic Camaro reveal location. Just my guess & an attempt to cope with the Camaro reveal being another season away.

Bhobbs 01-05-2015 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by '01LS1 (Post 8150722)
I am thinking Cruze or Malibu concepts.:frusty: What I am saying is I am not getting my hopes up for Detroit.

With Cadillac HQ in NYC & the new Camaro moving to Cadillacs production facility along with spring weather... can see the NY auto show being a more realistic Camaro reveal location. Just my guess & an attempt to cope with the Camaro reveal being another season away.

I don't think all the hints at "something exciting" have to mean Camaro. They can but there are other things it can be. While most of us here are only excited for the 6th gen Camaro, GM isn't.

The Camaro isn't being built at a Cadillac plant. It's being built at a plant that builds Alpha platform cars and just happens to be the first non Cadillac car that uses the Alpha platform.

RJZJR 01-05-2015 12:36 PM

2017 rwd chevelle ? Malibu rwd replacement the new code 130..?

'01LS1 01-05-2015 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhobbs (Post 8150743)
I don't think all the hints at "something exciting" have to mean Camaro. They can but there are other things it can be. While most of us here are only excited for the 6th gen Camaro, GM isn't.

The Camaro isn't being built at a Cadillac plant. It's being built at a plant that builds Alpha platform cars and just happens to be the first non Cadillac car that uses the Alpha platform.

Agree about the something exciting NOT being the 6th Gen. Which is why I said it was probably a Cruze or Malibu.

As far as the build location, it was my understanding they would be built at the same facility? Have read the below elsewhere too.

"The Grand River plant builds the compact Cadillac ATS and ATS Coupe, and the midsize Cadillac CTS. Beginning in January, the Grand River plant will operate on a single shift until production of the next-generation Camaro starts."
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/bus...mbly/18853065/

Number 3 01-05-2015 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJZJR (Post 8150808)
2017 rwd chevelle ? Malibu rwd replacement the new code 130..?

Wow, that might be the most hopeful post if the new year.

As poorly as Coupes sell I doubt GM would clog up e showroom with a second RWD Coupe.

RWD Malibu? Just not likely based on the competition in that segment.

As for a small RWD coupe? Maybe. But it would need to be closer to a sports car than the 130.

Love the optimism. :thumbsup:

1hevy_chevy 01-05-2015 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhobbs (Post 8150743)

TBH I think they're just as excited. It's the best selling car in the segment for somewhat years. They're just gonna drop making it priority? Naaaaaaah I think theyre just REALLY good at keeping it tight lipped amongst employees.

Q'smuscle 01-05-2015 08:45 PM

:frusty:won't be nothing exciting! Just another stupid special addition on something!:doh:

Bhobbs 01-05-2015 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1hevy_chevy (Post 8151675)
TBH I think they're just as excited. It's the best selling car in the segment for somewhat years. They're just gonna drop making it priority? Naaaaaaah I think theyre just REALLY good at keeping it tight lipped amongst employees.

What I meant is we are excited for the 6th gen but not as much for the next Cruze. GM is just as excited for the 6th gen as the next Cruze, Malibu, Volt and the list goes on.

Q'smuscle 01-05-2015 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhobbs (Post 8151882)
What I meant is we are excited for the 6th gen but not as much for the next Cruze. GM is just as excited for the 6th gen as the next Cruze, Malibu, Volt and the list goes on.

Yea , because GM messed the 6th Gen up most likely! :doh:

Bhobbs 01-05-2015 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Q'smuscle (Post 8151904)

How do you figure?

Sesiom Summers 01-06-2015 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Q'smuscle (Post 8151904)

:emoticon1:

have you seen it already?

if you don't like it, don't worry, is not like GM would beg you to buy a 6 Gen :iono: