CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   NPP Dual Mode Question (Can't find this anywhere!) (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=446963)

S2Charlie 04-03-2016 11:39 AM

NPP Dual Mode Question (Can't find this anywhere!)

No longer a troll! Full disclosure, last car was a Mustang GT :doh:. Anyways, just bought a 2016 2SS (couldn't leave with it, because Chevy's current model year rates are cringe-worthy, so I pick it up in a week.)
:focus:
Onto the question, can't find the info ANYWHERE. As far as I know the only way for the car to start with the valves closed is in stealth mode correct? I can't just start it on Auto Mode Selector in Touring mode because the valves will be open at Idle correct? Don't want to wake the neighbors on those late night drives

banter 04-03-2016 11:41 AM

If you go into settings you can set it to permanently be in a certain mode regardless of driver mode selected.

BahamaTodd 04-03-2016 11:47 AM

Depends on what you consider to be loud. You'll find out in a week.

andrec10 04-03-2016 11:50 AM

I have mine defaulted to track mode, but you can default it to whatever you want, or have it tied to the driving mode. Its not like I start the car up at 2am. If my closest neighbor does not like it...Oh well.

Blazin383 04-03-2016 11:53 AM

You can set it to stay in any mode, but if I read your question correctly, your wanting it to "cold start" in the Stealth Mode every time...is that right?

If so, I'm not sure about the settings. These cars have a nasty BARK when they come to life, especially on cold startup. I'm sure they are designed to do that because its very impressive when they do. I've never started mine in Stealth, but I have a feeling if you want it quieter on startup it will have to be in Stealth Mode and you'll have to change it in the menu for a more aggressive sound while driving. I have a feeling any other mode will get you the cold start wake-up call for the neighbors.

laynlo15 04-03-2016 12:35 PM

Mines open in all modes as I pulled the fuse. Sounds good all the time and it does have a nasty growl to it. I like to start mine remotely, especially cold when showing someone my new Camaro or when someone is standing next to it and they get a big surprise. Awesome

S2Charlie 04-03-2016 12:53 PM

Thanks for the quick replies. Yes, I only want the cold start to be quieter and ONLY when I start the car from 11:30-6:30, otherwise I LOVE the growl. My neighbors are cool as hell and I'd rather not piss them off... They never mentioned my Corsas on the Mustang but I would also throw it in reverse immediately to shut them up... and I know they could hear them.

JFM-jr 04-03-2016 12:57 PM

Seems to me even in stealth mode on cold startup this thing barks hard but then quites down. Im pretty sure the valves are always open on cold startup somebody can chime in if im wrong.

Glen e 04-03-2016 12:59 PM

stealth mode is your best bet....I still believe the pipes bark for a split second when starting then close quickly.

SkipNWis 04-03-2016 01:05 PM

Two weeks and I can't even find settings. To much stuff in the mylink for this old man. I just gave up and just drive it.

andrec10 04-03-2016 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkipNWis (Post 9009191)
Two weeks and I can't even find settings. To much stuff in the mylink for this old man. I just gave up and just drive it.

Have one of your kids or Grandkids show you! :biggrin:

S2Charlie 04-03-2016 02:07 PM

thanks again! (testing my new sig...)

BradfordCamaro 04-03-2016 02:21 PM

I guess when you guys say stealth you mean "Tour".

I start mine in tour...just to be the nice. Don't want to be 'That guy' on the street with the loud car.

If I shutoff the engine in Sport it starts in Sport. Anything else it starts in Tour.

And yes. It was -5C or 20F today when I started my car....and boy does that initial start BARK.

S2Charlie 04-03-2016 02:26 PM

Not tour... there is a stealth option in your settings on the radio, it supposedly keeps the pumps locked closed all the time, if I can't make the change without starting the car first, I can't predict the late night drive... guess they're SOL...