CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   2018 1LE ZL1 MSRP price difference toughts (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=485578)

TLSTWIN 02-25-2017 08:28 AM

2018 1LE ZL1 MSRP price difference toughts

OK, so I have already seen a bunch of crazy price speculations for this new car.

Lets think about this in a calm, rational, thoughful manor:sm0:

The DSSV suspension should be less expensive than the Mag ride correct?

The rear spoiler will cost a little more, not sure how much:iono:

the front plitter and down planes ? not much if anyting significant, but nothing is free

smaller wheels

Same brakes

exposed carbon hood a must $600

really, I don't see it being more than 3k more tops, IF THAT

What am I missing that would cause the added expense. It was all developed together.

I love that we have a NA 1LE version and a FI 1LE version:headbang:

simple build process since no A10, sunroof, no convertible

URBAN LEGEND 02-25-2017 08:30 AM

I'll give them 70,000.00 to 72,000.00.

TLSTWIN 02-25-2017 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND (Post 9578942)
I'll give them 70,000.00 to 72,000.00.

LOL, did you read my post?:biggrin:

I understand what you might be willing to pay, but people also pay more than MSRP for vehicles to, but I should have been more specific I guess.

URBAN LEGEND 02-25-2017 08:41 AM

Do the math. MSRP OF 70-72. I'm not an ADM guy.

Mr. Wyndham 02-25-2017 08:45 AM

Replied in blue...

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLSTWIN (Post 9578939)
The DSSV suspension should be less expensive than the Mag ride correct?
No, DSSV is more expensive...and if you look at the construction of those struts, expect at least 2x the cost.

The rear spoiler will cost a little more, not sure how much:iono:
Rear wing will be a LOT more. It's sculpted and bonded exposed carbon fiber. A true airfoil. 2k, minimum...

the front plitter and down planes ? not much if anyting significant, but nothing is free
Splitters go for $600 or so, diveplanes require the aux intake "plugs"...guessing another $300 for both sides.

Smaller wheels
Lower volume, higher cost (slightly)

Same brakes
Yet, not the same. They're painted different...which means a different part #. Expect a slightly higher retail cost.

exposed carbon hood a must $600
Standard w/ package.

really, I don't see it being more than 3k more tops, IF THAT

What am I missing that would cause the added expense. It was all developed together.
-- Tires are going to be roughly double the cost.

--adjustable rear stab. bar, adjustable camber plates, adjustable height front struts.

-- PDR is also included, standard.

-- Thinner rear glass.

-- Fixed rear seat.

I love that we have a NA 1LE version and a FI 1LE version:headbang:

simple build process since no A10, sunroof, no convertible

I would expect an $8000 price tag on this option package. That's ONLY a guess.

TLSTWIN 02-25-2017 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND (Post 9578959)
Do the math. MSRP OF 70-72. I'm not an ADM guy.

I was trying, thats why I was listing things, help me do your math:help:

kingbambino22 02-25-2017 08:48 AM

68-70K msrp with NAV, PDR and gas guzzler tax. Anymore they can keep it. I don't care what it does on a track. Also that before incentives or discounts

FNxR3DNECK 02-25-2017 08:48 AM

I have a feeling that the wing and the dssv will be the big money items that makes this package cost a lot. If you think of it like the GT350R it's wing is all carbon and it is $10k if you need a replacement part, figure about half that for the original part. My guess is the wing alone makes up at least $3k of the package price, then the suspension another $1-2k. So this will definitely be more than the 1LE package on the SS. Remember most people were predicting $5k for the 1LE on the SS, it ended up being $6.5k. It will be $8-10k my guess.

FNxR3DNECK 02-25-2017 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham (Post 9578968)
Replied in blue...

+1 better explanation than mine.

Macaro 02-25-2017 08:52 AM

MSRP $69,995. Any more and they run the risk of pushing it beyond what the market will bear. I also hope they make enough of them that we don't see the crazy ADM you are seeing on the GT350R. This IS a Chevrolet GT350R and hopefully they learned something by watching Ford stumble.

NB2017ZL1 02-25-2017 08:54 AM

There will be massive ADM on this car. If we think the ZL1 was hard to get for some, this limited-run model will be impossible and the dealers know it. I can see easily 10-20k and that Dealer I saw in Scottsdale AZ getting 30 ZL1's will get some ZL1 1LE's and if he was asking 10-20k for Z, I can see even higher for Z1LE... It's gonna be one big pissing contest !

TLSTWIN 02-25-2017 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham (Post 9578968)
Replied in blue...

Interesting, I hadn't heard of the thinner rear glass. Where did that come from?

The splitter cost is a swap from the "standard no? not an "extra". It's part of the package like you stated with the hood, which I understood, just trying to list the cost of it.

The rear spoiler is a shocker to me, I understand it is CF, so it will be more, but the "standard" ZL1 spoiler isn't that much different in "artwork". The new spoiler obviously is taller, but the "standard" spoiler had just as much R&D and sculpting. Look at the time that was spent in the front grill design:first:

I enjopy thinking and talking about this data :thumb:

TLSTWIN 02-25-2017 08:59 AM

I wouldn't have thought the suspension was that much more since the new mag ride had so much more tech and parts, but then again they did give it ride height adjustability and camber adjustments

I didn't think about the gas guzzler tax being more, but could be if they tune it hotter.:noidea:

Good discussions and thoughts gentlrmen, keep it coming :thumb:

Macaro 02-25-2017 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NB2017ZL1 (Post 9578992)
There will be massive ADM on this car...

Just my $0.02, I hope you are incorrect on that...it's all about supply vs demand. I suspect the average ZL1 buyer won't want the 1LE package so right off, the demand will be a fraction of the regular ZL1. Keep in mind, people like you and me on forums are enthusiasts, we are the smaller market so while the forum may be going nuts right now, most people won't care at all. The bigger thing is, hopefully Chevrolet want to actually sell this thing so they won't limit production to 500 like the GT350R. If they make a few thousand to satisfy demand, ADM should be kept in check.