CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   PETITION: Bring Back Aqua Blue Metallic! (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274261)

2010SLVRBULIT 02-22-2013 04:21 PM

It didn't sell, it wasn't that popular. Move on to the next color. Or as GM already done, put in a few specialty models.

Steve Dallas 02-22-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham (Post 6108065)
Yes.

It's a repetitious case of the public at large not putting their money where the enthusiast's mouth is.

I bought IBM. And, ABM was my second choice.

Must have a blue car. If they do a Kinetic Blue ZL1, I plan on getting one.

SROD 02-22-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 6105022)
I have a feeling we may see another similar blue (like the Kinetic Blue on the Hot Wheels edition or a blue like the Laguna blue on the new Corvette) even before the 5th gen makes it last go round.

As for Aqua Blue, as much as I love mine, I think its gone for good.

I'd be more than happy if they never made another medium blue for the 5th gen (since I like having a rare color lol) but on the other hand I really feel releasing Kinetic Blue model wide instead of just a special edition would have been the way to go. I wouldn't be surprised to see Chevy release it on all models next year just like the Synergy Green....pissing off the current Hot Wheels owners/buyers.

Now if there is no 5th gen medium blue again, but a nice medium blue on the 6th....Wow will that ever make it even more temping to move on up lol.

I agree 100%!:headbang:

KMPrenger 02-22-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED (Post 6195269)
Your one of very few, hence why GM stopped making the color available. Lack of sales.

Your right, we are the few and the proud. I can't tell you how often I hear compliments on the color and even now, after owning the car for 3 years it still turns heads. People just are not used to seeing the Camaro in this color, and in the right light it pops.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDRDTD (Post 6195622)
I thought ABM was discontinued because of the tsunami in Japan that wiped out the plant that produced the metallic compound used to make ABM. I believe it was the only source for the metallic compound ingrediant.

No, that is incorrect. That was for IBM, not ABM.

06_warrior 02-23-2013 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED (Post 6195269)
Your one of very few, hence why GM stopped making the color available. Lack of sales.

I could live with that, then i'd be one of the very few who would own one. :D

HDRDTD 02-23-2013 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 6196805)

No, that is incorrect. That was for IBM, not ABM.

Aha. Thanks for the correction.

1camaro70 02-23-2013 11:14 AM

GM stopped making the color due to lack of sales!
Initial allocations limited preorders.
ABM was not available to preorder as a SS until until 4 months into preorder period.
80 percent of preorders were SS.
Look back, dealers and the computers messed up changes to preorders, RS was dropped and other screw ups, dealers were not used to orders, they sell out of stock, most could not even tell when your car was to be built, thus the threads here with members asking and following their builds.
You made your preorder and waited, allocations ran dry, you were happy with your order, then the first cars sat in prison for months.
By the time the few ABM's showed up, the 34to 3700 that were built, GM, who was not even going to offer the SS in ABM said lack of sales, color cancelled, also the white color was a late start and had few builds. So only a few who ordered late, after thanksgiving ordered ABM as SS, V6 orders which were 20 percent of preorders were about 1400.
If you could not order it for the first four months, there will be few ordered, and remember the limited allocations, miss the allocation and you can not order either. My dealer had it's first three come in as ABM, so obviously not popular.............

Y2Breeze 02-23-2013 11:46 AM

95% of loss of ABM is due to this :

http://www.cartype.com/pics/6165/ful...e_metallic.jpg

Camaro brochure never looked like the true ABM. Even I overlooked it, and changed my order when I saw it on photo on Camaro5. There is not one day that passes without hearing how that color is beautiful.

CruznSS 02-23-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TooCool5 (Post 6179899)
Nothing like Aqua Blue in the sun. :thumbsup:

Or on the track! http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/24/epubygu5.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

djsnoflake 02-23-2013 12:41 PM

Good luck with your petition, but sales is sales

Tampa Tuning 02-23-2013 01:11 PM

My wife still wants an ABM A6 and I cant find one for her

FrankT 02-23-2013 01:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I love mine, but I doubt the color will ever return.

baby02 02-23-2013 01:52 PM

BBBAD idea.

PYROLYSIS 02-23-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankT (Post 6199604)
I love mine, but I doubt the color will ever return.

Wow. Always loved the F14s and they look great with your mods.:w00t: