Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Well....the wife squashed us buying a ZL1...ended up with a family hauler. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346934)

camaroz06 03-11-2014 09:52 PM

Well....the wife squashed us buying a ZL1...ended up with a family hauler.

Hi All,

Well, I tried. Its a sad day, I can no longer look forward to ordering an ashen gray ZL1. I was all psyched to get a ZL1 for the past few months and thought I was good to go when we saw a ZL1 a the New England Auto Show and she said....this is nice. But my wife dropped it on me and said no more two door cars...she hates getting in and out of the back of the 2002 Camaro when she has to be back there and wants to be able to be able to load a car up.

So we compromised.............on a CTS-V wagon! Order # received and hopefully filled soon. So I'll always be with the ZL1s in spirit. Cant wait to get this badboy. Phantom gray, sunroof, wood interior, and graphite wheels...she didnt like the Recaros and I went with an auto but I'm surely not going to complain.

Just as an aside, does anyone know what the ZL1 has upgraded to get the extra 30hp?

BAD ZL1 03-11-2014 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaroz06 (Post 7487742)
Hi All,

Well, I tried. Its a sad day, I can no longer look forward to ordering an ashen gray ZL1. I was all psyched to get a ZL1 for the past few months and thought I was good to go when we saw a ZL1 a the New England Auto Show and she said....this is nice. But my wife dropped it on me and said no more two door cars...she hates getting in and out of the back of the 2002 Camaro when she has to be back there and wants to be able to be able to load a car up.

So we compromised.............on a CTS-V wagon! Order # received and hopefully filled soon. So I'll always be with the ZL1s in spirit. Cant wait to get this badboy. Phantom gray, sunroof, wood interior, and graphite wheels...she didnt like the Recaros and I went with an auto but I'm surely not going to complain.

Just as an aside, does anyone know what the ZL1 has upgraded to get the extra 30hp?

It was the air intake that they got the extra HP from....Then, you can add a Roto Fab and get another 25! Bet you could do it on your Family Truckster too! Sorry...:smiling1:

I suppose a younger family and wife and kids etc. could dictate to me what to buy, I waited till the kids were gone, and the wife has no say..she buys her prius, I buy my ZL1!

BigBoyBlue 03-11-2014 10:03 PM

Good choice. When I saw the title I was scared that you got suckered into a minivan.

Stingray 03-11-2014 10:04 PM

Nice! I like the CTS-V Wagon. Any pics? :thumbsup:

Next year it'll be an even bigger monster!
"The next-generation Cadillac CTS-V will utilize the supercharged 6.2 liter LT4 V8 which debuted in the 2015 Corvette Z06."

Read more: http://gmauthority.com/blog/2014/03/...#ixzz2viJtYcMG

camaroz06 03-11-2014 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAD ZL1 (Post 7487766)
It was the air intake that they got the extra HP from....Then, you can add a Roto Fab and get another 25! Bet you could do it on your Family Truckster too! Sorry...:smiling1:

I suppose a younger family and wife and kids etc. could dictate to me what to buy, I waited till the kids were gone, and the wife has no say..she buys her prius, I buy my ZL1!

She makes the majority of the cheese, shes like a sugar mamma. I'm totally happy with the choice. I actually thought about trying to get a Vacation related truckster vanity plate but "TRKSTR" is taken and now that I look at it again it looks like it says track star.

MarylandSpeed 03-11-2014 10:07 PM

Great choice! I was thinking maybe you got a Grand Cherokee SRT8!

camaroz06 03-11-2014 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stingray (Post 7487778)

"The next-generation Cadillac CTS-V will utilize the supercharged 6.2 liter LT4 V8 which debuted in the 2015 Corvette Z06."

No pics yet, just got the order # today so it'll probably be awhile. Already have my list of nitpicks in like dont drill the bumper for the plate and dont wash it or take the plastic off, I'll take care of that and get a tow hook plate for the front.

I thought about waiting around for the new V but rumors are its sedan only and I really dig the wagon.

BigBoyBlue 03-11-2014 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stingray (Post 7487778)

Uggghhhh! Now it will be faster than our cars. I hate how quickly a car becomes yesterday's news.

camaroz06 03-11-2014 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBoyBlue (Post 7487804)
Uggghhhh! Now it will be faster than our cars. I hate how quickly a car becomes yesterday's news.

Yeah but dont forget, how many daily driver cars have 550+hp? Even years from know the majority of people wont. Plus, pulley swap. That'll get poowwwerrrrrr!!!

BAD ZL1 03-11-2014 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaroz06 (Post 7487784)
She makes the majority of the cheese, shes like a sugar mama. I'm totally happy with the choice. I actually thought about trying to get a Vacation related truckster vanity plate but "TRKSTR" is taken and now that I look at it again it looks like it says track star.

Right on man, you have a great sense of humor, and I applaud any man that has a woman like a sugar mama!!! chalk one up for the guys! Good choice with your CTSV Wagon...

OldScoolCamaro 03-12-2014 01:06 AM

...nice compromise! Well done....:)

toyosuprablue 03-12-2014 07:24 AM

The ZL1 also has a more free flowing exhaust to the OP's question of where does the slight bump in HP come from

Kevlar382 03-12-2014 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBoyBlue (Post 7487773)
Good choice. When I saw the title I was scared that you got suckered into a minivan.

Me too. I was going to suggest a new wife, congrads on the really nice new car.

Paladinjc 03-12-2014 07:48 AM

My buddy has the Catty Wagon, he loves it. The thing is fast as balls.