CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   The Official "Medium Blue" 6th Gen Petition (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=340038)

mako22 01-31-2014 07:22 PM

The Official "Medium Blue" 6th Gen Petition

The release of the "magenta" color has pushed me to the breaking point. Maybe someone will pay attention to this if we get enough sigs/votes - can we please finally get a medium blue color option on the 6th Gen??? There must be some bean-counter at GM that thinks blue won't sell, but I can't buy that argument. I see blue cars of many makes and models on the road, the other car companies don't seem to be having any trouble with it. Maybe GM thinks we don't want it? Seemed to work for the 3rd Gen. No more excuses, it's time to take action!!! Let your voice be heard and vote!!!

MEDIUM (e.g SONIC / COBALT / LAGUNA / ELECTRIC / ROYAL) BLUE IN 2017 !!!!!!

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/c...stdayhome2.jpg

ChrisBlair 01-31-2014 07:25 PM

I agree with that. More choices are good.

But if GM really wants to impress me, they can start using a paint system that survives the real world.

blessedhellride 01-31-2014 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisBlair (Post 7385260)

But if GM really wants to impress me, they can start using a paint system that survives the real world.

:word:

Silverlsinva 01-31-2014 10:54 PM

As much as we here want a medium blue the numbers don't lie to what have sold and is popular in all honesty how many blue cars do u see on the road compared to other colors? I don't see that many while driving around. Do I think they should offer one yes to be competitive with the chally and mustang which have blues but they don't see the business case for it.

The Stig 01-31-2014 11:00 PM

Might have better luck getting people to chime in if you post this over in the 6th gen subforum - just a thought.

DagoCountyGee 01-31-2014 11:03 PM

Yes!! Love the color scheme on your camaro. White with a blue stripe was my third choice of color after blue ray and victory red :)

supasport 01-31-2014 11:53 PM

why not. nice to see different colors. or just get it painted that color.

Twoblindsheep 02-01-2014 12:28 AM

i really want to get a new paint job on my 5th gen to blue! i dont understand why we have like 3 different shades of red and they lose the only blue to a darker color that looks black unless under the sun ..

RLHMARINES 02-01-2014 12:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It is safe to say that the 6th gen will share a paint booth with the ATS/CTS lineup so we just have to look for paint choices that will be used by the factory alpha triplets.

mako22 02-01-2014 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLHMARINES (Post 7385835)
It is safe to say that the 6th gen will share a paint booth with the ATS/CTS lineup so we just have to look for paint choices that will be used by the factory alpha triplets.

Good point! There is hope!

NASCR3 02-01-2014 12:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is not a picture my old truck, but back in 2003 I had an Arrival Blue Silverado extended cab sport-side and it was such an amazing color. This would be a great addition to the color line up going forward. :thumbup:

KMPrenger 02-01-2014 01:23 PM

Quote:

I agree with this statement.

That said I think that blue on the ATS is nice, but seems just a tad on the dark side for my tastes. I guess that's the hard part....finding a blue that appeals to the blue lovers out there. If ABM actually looked in person like it did on the GM website I wouldn't own one.

For me I like a slightly lighter METALLIC blue like Laguna blue on the new C7 or Kinetic blue on the hot wheels Camaro. Kinetic Blue for me, is THE perfect blue.

That really light baby blue you can get on the new Mustangs is way too light...I couldn't do that one.

bandit38 02-01-2014 08:38 PM

Gotta chime in here and say BLUE....would love a blue :)

The Impala is made in the same plant as the Camaro and has a nice blue (topaz blue) and still no blue on the Camaro....so it's not a given because they are in the same plant....I wish that was the case though.

2014v6 02-01-2014 09:50 PM

Quote:

I want this color with my blue accent interior NOW!

Eric-MPD1.com 02-02-2014 07:46 AM

At least you can get a nice blue on the new Chevy trucks now. Maybe there is hope for the new Camaro.

68vert 02-02-2014 09:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
YES, YES, YES. The main reason I haven't seriously considered a upgrade to a newer model. Something around this tone/hue will work just fine.

68vert 02-02-2014 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverlsinva (Post 7385681)
As much as we here want a medium blue the numbers don't lie to what have sold and is popular in all honesty how many blue cars do u see on the road compared to other colors? I don't see that many while driving around. Do I think they should offer one yes to be competitive with the chally and mustang which have blues but they don't see the business case for it.

The main reason we don't see many blue cars is because the manufactures are currently convinced people don't want it. The HotWheels Camaro is a great color, especially in person...I haven't met anyone who said they didn't like it. (I would go order a 1LE Camaro in HotWheels blue right now if it was available)

Bad@ssCamaro 02-02-2014 09:35 AM

The first C7 I saw in the wild was a Laguna Blue. What are the odds of that? If this isn't a popular blue, I don't know what is :iono:

Bad@ssCamaro 02-02-2014 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68vert (Post 7388321)
The main reason we don't see many blue cars is because the manufactures are currently convinced people don't want it. The HotWheels Camaro is a great color, especially in person...I haven't met anyone who said they didn't like it. (I would go order a 1LE Camaro in HotWheels blue right now if it was available)

Agreed :thumbsup:

Est.July.4.1776 02-02-2014 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro (Post 7388327)
Agreed :thumbsup:

Me too

Mint 02-02-2014 12:09 PM

Yes :) I love blue, every single car i've owned has been blue. :headbang:

mako22 02-03-2014 04:43 PM

need more votes!!!!!

mako22 02-03-2014 07:05 PM

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...1&d=1391051991

Mr. Wyndham 02-05-2014 05:46 PM

Ah, the eternal cry for blue....:rolleyes: :laugh:

Bad@ssCamaro 02-05-2014 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham (Post 7397911)
Ah, the eternal cry for blue....:rolleyes: :laugh:

And what's wrong with blue? :paddle:

Mr. Wyndham 02-05-2014 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro (Post 7397950)
And what's wrong with blue? :paddle:

:laugh:

Absolutely nothing. It's my favorite color, in fact. I just sit back and smile at the pleas for blue ever since Aqua was cancelled. No matter how many times we're told the answer - the quest is relentless...and I admire that.

It's very strange, when I think about it from a personal standpoint....I really do love the color blue...a medium-to-dark blue being my favorite. Yet, I don't foresee myself ever buying it on a car. And I don't really know why.

PYROLYSIS 02-05-2014 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mako22 (Post 7392227)

Glad you posted this pic. I love this blue. I can't say that I would buy a sixth gen if offered in Blue cause I just got my 1LE but I really want a nice blue for the people that have waited forever for one. After finally seeing Kinetic Blue in person I really liked it but I think I like ABM better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric-MPD1.com (Post 7388143)
At least you can get a nice blue on the new Chevy trucks now. Maybe there is hope for the new Camaro.

Yep. The new Colorado has what appears to be a nice blue coming. (No real pics have been shown yet). The new Silverado has a great blue as well. I would like to see it in person but from the pics it looks great.

Bad@ssCamaro 02-05-2014 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham (Post 7397982)
:laugh:

Absolutely nothing. It's my favorite color, in fact. I just sit back and smile at the pleas for blue ever since Aqua was cancelled. No matter how many times we're told the answer - the quest is relentless...and I admire that.

It's very strange, when I think about it from a personal standpoint....I really do love the color blue...a medium-to-dark blue being my favorite. Yet, I don't foresee myself ever buying it on a car. And I don't really know why.

That's interesting that though you do love a particular shade of blue, you don't envision yourself buying it on a car. It could be that you have another favorite color that supercedes it **cough** :D

So is there that much politicking within the GM suits to have certain colors being approved from year to year? I think they missed out on rare opportunity to see how well a medium blue could be successful with the Kinetic Blue color. I think they could have sold AT LEAST another 50 units without the Hot Wheels package :D :respekt: :lol:

In your opinion, what would it take get another color similar to it to come out for the Camaro?

Mr. Wyndham 02-05-2014 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro (Post 7398487)
That's interesting that though you do love a particular shade of blue, you don't envision yourself buying it on a car. It could be that you have another favorite color that supercedes it **cough** :D

So is there that much politicking within the GM suits to have certain colors being approved from year to year? I think they missed out on rare opportunity to see how well a medium blue could be successful with the Kinetic Blue color. I think they could have sold AT LEAST another 50 units without the Hot Wheels package :D :respekt: :lol:

In your opinion, what would it take get another color similar to it to come out for the Camaro?

Actually, blue is far and away my favorite color...I just view cars with a more mechanical, space-age vision...and thusly silver helps make the car look more machined and precise in my eyes.

Anyways, I think it's less politicking, and more about clever engineering/manufacturing work arounds. I can tell you that without the Camaro, Oshawa would probably never re-configure the paint shop so often like it does now for special cars and general color changes...

My bet is that the colors that Chevy deems "low volume" will be forever restricted to special editions. Because of three reasons:

1) The most obvious: low volume, limited run. Remember - the issue long term is having the paint literally spoil in the hoppers and wasting money/efficiency. So if you only plan to make so many, that is no longer an issue.

2) The next-generation car is going to be built alongside Cadillacs and will have to share painting resources. Bright, shocking colors like Synergy Green are not exactly Cadillac's thing...but ATS has a nice mid-dark blue that might find its way onto Camaro. Maybe?

3) By putting "wow" colors on special edition cars, it both makes the cars "special" besides some stickers, and allows them to say: Want a bright blue? We put it on the Hot Wheels car!

Ultimately - I do know they constantly re-evaluate, and aren't snubbing the requests for varying colors, especially blue...they read these messages, they hear you, they understand what enthusiasts are asking for. But ultimately, our desires are factored into production decisions alongside many others.

CarGarage 02-06-2014 09:53 AM

I'm blue
Da baa dee da baa die

I would of bought grabber blue

matt55 02-06-2014 11:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 68vert (Post 7388304)
YES, YES, YES. The main reason I haven't seriously considered a upgrade to a newer model. Something around this tone/hue will work just fine.

K1SSRSS 02-06-2014 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisBlair (Post 7385260)

Yup.

dorfmac 02-09-2014 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68vert (Post 7388304)

This. No more darker blues. I posted the following link in the paint colors thread to show what I think would be perfect.

http://69camaro.nextmill.net/photos/DSC_0022_lg.jpg

Camaro_krazee 02-10-2014 10:47 AM

Think LeMan's Blue!!! gorgeous!

http://www.69pace.com/paint1968lemansblue.htm

cliffdog89 02-10-2014 10:53 AM

This blue right here would be awesome. My '89 Caprice with Tiger in the background:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3670/9...01568825_z.jpg

SS22 02-10-2014 12:00 PM

Yes, Yes for the love of all that is decent, there better be a nice bright to medium Blue!!!

mako22 02-10-2014 01:50 PM

Up to 74 votes - let's get to 100 and then I will send this as a mass e-mail to every GM employee (past and present). I will also coordinate a march on GM headquarters with the following celebrities already confirmed:

- Blue Man Group
- Old Blue (from Old School)
- Cast of Avatar
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- The Moody Blues
- Cookie Monster feat. Grover
- The New York Giants
- Blue Ivy (Jay-Z/Beyonce)
- The Toronto Maple Leafs
- Eiffel 65
- Kate Upton (no reason)

coryrulez9 02-10-2014 03:00 PM

Honestly, I would rather have a Dark Green. The new Rainforst Green on the Cruze's is a good color. Maybe just a hair lighter than that.

Camaro_Corvette 02-10-2014 03:03 PM

Love this poll. :laugh: Yes or YES!

bandit38 02-10-2014 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette (Post 7410222)
Love this poll. :laugh: Yes or YES!

That way there are no wrong answers....lol :thumb: