CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   transformers 4 = spy shots of 6th gen? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273440)

RedWingsZL1 02-16-2013 07:25 PM

So, having the camaro associated with transformers is a bad thing to some people? Hello, free advertising? I'm sure GM paid a hefty chunk to have their camaro as the 'star' vehicle, but i'm pretty sure it was a one-time fee, and look at how many camaro's that probably helped sell. I believe somone had a figure of $1B associated with one of the transformers movies ... thats alot of eyes on the 5th gen camaro.

I seem to have read the Camaro has the highest % of sales in it's corner of the market, and if I were in marketing/advertising for GM, i'd make the safe bet and try to get the new camaro in the new transfomers, it seems to have worked in the past, the transformers movies have been a success, the 5th gen camaro has been a success ...

Why wouldn't it work again?

Pappa Joe 02-18-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dznts (Post 6090327)
:word:

Todays kids, are tomorrows Camaro drivers/Collectors!

Pappa Joe 02-18-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckeyemike (Post 6113101)
Because I think the Bumblebee stuff is lame it isn't cool? Bumblebee as a character was supposed to be childish and silly, hence him being a Volkswagen. If you're going to make the movie, make it right.

Now people airbrush Transformers logos on their cars and it looks silly.

Personally, I think Hot Wheels is lamer than Transformers ;P

usnatclee 02-18-2013 10:42 AM

To be honest bumblebee was originally a VW beetle.

Tysen 02-18-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usnatclee (Post 6175374)

Yeah, but you can't have a cool robot like Bumblebee change into a Beetle, lol. They gave a nod to that in the first one too when the dealer offered Sam the VW Beetle sitting next to the Camaro, and Bumblebee hit it with his door.

dekan513 02-18-2013 02:02 PM

only way i see it being a 6th gen is if gm does it as their car , not no concept . gm thought they had to make it after the tf movie car cause so many ppl liked it and at that time it was a true concept car.

kenkartasasmita 02-18-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSOOCH (Post 6089809)
For the love of GOD no more TRANSFORMERS!!!! And especially no association with the Camaro!!!!!

whyyyyyyy??????

Tysen 02-18-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSOOCH (Post 6089809)
For the love of GOD no more TRANSFORMERS!!!! And especially no association with the Camaro!!!!!

Imagine how every DeLorean owner felt when Back to the Future came out...

Who really cares if their car is associated with a movie? Do you get asked if you have the all spark at every car show or something?

pgustavson 02-18-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pappa Joe (Post 6175335)
Personally, I think Hot Wheels is lamer than Transformers ;P

Transformers is easily just as lame... :D

IncrediblyX 02-20-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tysen
Quote:

Originally Posted by usnatclee

Yeah, but you can't have a cool robot like Bumblebee change into a Beetle, lol. They gave a nod to that in the first one too when the dealer offered Sam the VW Beetle sitting next to the Camaro, and Bumblebee hit it with his door.

I was actually disappointed when Bumblebee wasnt a VW. He wasnt supposed to be a cool muscle car. Its like remaking Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles into Teenage Mutant Ninja Cats because turtles arent cool enough.

Posted from Camaro5.com App for Android

Tysen 02-20-2013 12:42 PM

Well, cats will never be as cool as turtles, for one. A transformer shouldn't transform into a car that comes with a flower vase stock.

TJ91 03-03-2013 08:38 PM

[QUOTE=Tysen;6185625]Well, cats will never be as cool as turtles, for one. A transformer shouldn't transform into a car that comes with a flower vase stock.[/QUOTE]

:word: :sm0:

GbrilliantQ 03-03-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IncrediblyX (Post 6185461)
I was actually disappointed when Bumblebee wasnt a VW. He wasnt supposed to be a cool muscle car. Its like remaking Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles into Teenage Mutant Ninja Cats because turtles arent cool enough.

Posted from Camaro5.com App for Android

How about remaking TMNT to be aliens and not mutant turtles...? That's what bay has in the works.

Sent from my Transformer

grocerygetter 03-03-2013 11:38 PM

actually I saw on imdb that TMNT was coming back. LOL