CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Wish list for things to change on 6th generation 2016 Camaro? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268201)

OC ZL1 01-22-2013 11:55 PM

1. Less weight (all models)
2. Blind spot monitors
3. Front parking sensors (ZL1)
4. Option for an upgraded audio
5. Better visibility (without styling compromises - I know...)
6. Twin turbo or Supercharger options (ZL1)
7. Maintain the Magnetic ride suspension on the ZL1 (outstanding)
8. Improve the center console (too much plastic)
9. Sun visors with extensions
10. Custom paint options (ZL1)
11. Exterior trim options (i.e. carbon fiber accents)
12. Some how find a way to match the exception style of the 5th gen (tall order)

DanSS24 01-23-2013 12:26 AM

This is a hard one, I love the 5th Gen styling and power...just not the weight. I hope with the new alpha platform, weight won't be an issue. The 6th Gen should be more evolutionary and not revolutionary. Same styling, but more futuristic in mind. Power is always a plus, not necessarily to outdo the GT500, but something with power and control. I favor the road racer style more than the stop light to stop light mentality. I really like the 2015 Camaro render from Camaro Performers.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...ps29b315f9.jpg

Ajmalian 01-23-2013 01:47 AM

6TH GEN CAMARO:

I had or rather still have a 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, so obviously, whatever I have to suggest is from a 2010's perspective. If I mention something that is already out in a later model, then please do excuse my ignorance.

Here we go:

- Like the Corvette, give the Camaro its own identity. Subtle 'bowtie' touches are fine, however not like it is on the Camaro. Everyone knows a Camaro is a Chevy, like they do with the Vettes. Lets lose some of the bowies. Not all, just some. Perhaps the old school badges, "Camaro by Chevrolet".

- I agree with everyone else here, the paint is way too weak. Sometimes I feel I could walk past my car without even touching it and I could have very well left some scratches on the paint work. :facepalm:

- The ride height indeed can be lowered

- Vehicle needs a weight loss program.

- Vehicle needs nicer seats. In the sense something that is comfortable as is now, however also something that will hold you in place while cornering, rather than being flung against the door or passenger during the cornering.

- Magnetic ride like the CTS-V, ZR1, ZL1 and 1LE.

- A slightly bigger block, perhaps a 6.4L, 480HP-490HP (Might as well just round it off to 500HP!! :D)

- Tilting mirrors while vehicle is in reverse.

- A softer clutch pedal. I can't hold mine pushed in for more than 2-3 minutes. The pedal just springs back up!! My friend's Shelby, I can sit AAALLLLL day long with my foot rested on his clutch pedal and I wouldn't even twitch a muscle.

- Avoid cheap HOLLOW plastic on the interior, especially around the dash board. More quality material may be used like leather, aluminum and carbon fiber.

- I've grown used to it now but could seriously do with a new and improved design that attends to the "inside-out" visibility aspect of things.

- Include a 7"-8" screen head-unit with navigation, reverse camera and so on and so forth.

- I know the 2011's onward have HUD but since I don't because I was an earlier model, HUD would be nice right from the start.

- A dual clutch transmission for the automatic transmissions would be a first for an American car I imagine.

- Must retain the halo lights even in the 6th generation.

- Wider but lighter weight wheels.

- The car has a decent sized boot, but the access to it is ridiculously small. The access to the boot must be made bigger.

- Could also do with lane change assist and blind spot warnings.

- A nicer exhaust note with dual mode valves. It should sound something like what the new Corvette C7.

And that's all I can say from the top of my head... let's see what all we get to see in the 6th GEN CAMAROS!!! :thumbup:

ayceman 01-23-2013 10:04 AM

Here is my list after having my 2010 2SS for a few years
GM supported performance parts and calibrations like ford does with their FRPP performance packs. Including a calibration that kills AFM
Track Pack or 1LE option from the start of production
Mag ride control option on SS or Z28
HUD with performance information (1/4,0-60,g's) on all Models with HUD
Better Paint, Dual Mode exhaust option on all models from the start
Recaro Seats, Slotted rotors included on a 1LE like package.
Less weight and also better visibility

Janet 01-23-2013 11:53 AM

As a Disciple I can take all of this to the Camaro Team... some are possible, some are not. You add goodies, you add weight, everything is give & take. They will ask...are you willing to pay the price?

Janet

tjg 01-23-2013 12:24 PM

My wish list after owning a 2011 LS and now owning a 2012 1LT RS:

1. ATS platform (lighter)

2. twin turbo v6

3. better exhaust - take notes from the CORSA V6 system

4. More a la carte options - limited slip diff in auto v6, gear ratios, suspension choices (sport,cruise, etc) and definitely a firmer shift for the auto.

KarFan 01-23-2013 12:28 PM

Based upon the current industry trends and what consumers want since we are a have our cake and eat it too society, more power, higher crash test ratings, more safety features and higher fuel economy….

In order for the 6th Gen to meet those goals and show some significant weight loss from the current Camaro it will have to be developed as a smaller vehicle than it is now.

Mr. Wyndham 01-23-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janet (Post 6072531)
As a Disciple I can take all of this to the Camaro Team... some are possible, some are not. You add goodies, you add weight, everything is give & take. They will ask...are you willing to pay the price?

Janet

Janet, that's a fair question...but in response, I would ask the Camaro Team how much they are willing (and feasibly can) make optional on the sixth generation car. Obviously, every car-maker is moving more and more towards packages, and combining features into one big option to decrease complexity and lower costs...so I'm not asking for an a la carte checklist...but I'd be willing to pay some extra $$ to have a few more options.

I don't know how grounded in reality this request is...but I hope my thoughts came through coherently. :laugh:

Cam#7 01-23-2013 01:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Gen5 was made with a convertible in mind. Make the Gen6 with a T-top or targa roof in mind. This was my 6th Camaro, low on power but great on looks for '80. Functional hood scoop was also fun, maybe bring it back too and listen to it suck in the air.

Janet 01-23-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham (Post 6072765)
Janet, that's a fair question...but in response, I would ask the Camaro Team how much they are willing (and feasibly can) make optional on the sixth generation car. Obviously, every car-maker is moving more and more towards packages, and combining features into one big option to decrease complexity and lower costs...so I'm not asking for an a la carte checklist...but I'd be willing to pay some extra $$ to have a few more options.

I don't know how grounded in reality this request is...but I hope my thoughts came through coherently. :laugh:

This is a question that we have posed regularly, I will bring it up again & see what they have to say. Yes, I understood :thumbup:

Janet

snizzle 01-23-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanSS24 (Post 6070989)
I really like the 2015 Camaro render from Camaro Performers.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...ps29b315f9.jpg

This render is awesome. And I'd prefer evolutionary styling with a futuristic edge. The render is exactly that.

Camaro_Joes 01-23-2013 02:02 PM

First of all the sun visors in my 2010 are laughable, but I understand why they are the way are. They should be improved. Interior lighting is also very limited. I believe there's a dealer installed option for foot well lighting, make this a factory installed standard as well as add some lighting on the rear interior passenger area. I don't know if the front passenger seat in the 2011 - 2013 make you feel like you're sitting in a hole but the do seem to sit lower than the drivers seat. Folding mirrors would also be a nice addition.

camaro2009 01-23-2013 03:54 PM

Programmable seat memory, better sun visors, more ambient lighting options.

jpwickl 01-23-2013 04:16 PM

how about

bringing back the cigarette lighter, not just the "accessory" outlet. or ashtrays? Bring back rear window louvres, and putting vinyl back on top of the cars. Oh, and move the bright switch back to the floor, to the left of the brake/clutch pedals.

:)

wildpaws 01-23-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarFan (Post 6072670)
Based upon the current industry trends and what consumers want since we are a have our cake and eat it too society, more power, higher crash test ratings, more safety features and higher fuel economy….

In order for the 6th Gen to meet those goals and show some significant weight loss from the current Camaro it will have to be developed as a smaller vehicle than it is now.

It is being developed on the smaller/lighter Alpha platform, what don't you understand about that??
Clyde

PYROLYSIS 01-23-2013 06:14 PM

Chrome wheel finish in addition to polished aluminum and black. More color options for stripes and the interior, and by more, I mean red. :). Love the red interior shown on the C7.

Mr. Wyndham 01-23-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janet (Post 6072870)
This is a question that we have posed regularly, I will bring it up again & see what they have to say. Yes, I understood :thumbup:

Janet

:thumbsup:

You, and the other disciples are wonderful.

Thank you for spending your time to represent the Camaro community so well. :clap: :)

The IOM Ninja 01-23-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildpaws (Post 6073650)
It is being developed on the smaller/lighter Alpha platform, what don't you understand about that??
Clyde

:sm0: Dude COMMON SENSE ISN'T COMMON

MBS 01-23-2013 06:50 PM

Better gloss protection Swirls are way to easy to get , We all like to keep them clean , most are smart enough to use new good quality micro fiber . yet it still happens , throw about 5 coats of the clear on . or whatever helps you guys should know what works best. also more power outlets that stay on without the key on.

The Led Foot 01-23-2013 07:06 PM

Mid engine!!

alexhegler 01-24-2013 08:28 AM

gtfo

fbodfather 01-24-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janet (Post 6072531)

Janet

Janet brings forth a very good point:

At what price point? We all love carbon fiber - but it is expen$$$$$ive!

The reality of the automobile business today is that you are limited in 'free-flow' options - because it adds huge costs and it also negatively affects product quality. So - that means that some of the features you're asking for will necessarily have to go in the 2LT and the 2SS packages - which increases the price..........

It's important that the Camaro remain a 'Chevrolet' in terms of price. That means that the base car cannot have everything that people are asking for......so if we include things such as carbon fiber - it would be on our uplevel packages -

So you say "Fine! I'm willing to pay for it!" -- well - you might be, but what other percentage of the population is willing to pay for it? THAT'S the catch.

We have to make hard, fast decisions - so we get some good stuff out of threads such as this - but we also have to weed thru a lot of undoables.......

Keep it coming - but again - think about what I'm saying in terms of PRICE and WEIGHT and build complexity.

ssrs396 01-24-2013 10:27 AM

I do not like the rendering above, I would rather see something with a little more influence from the vette.

2012 ZL1#1658 01-24-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OC ZL1 (Post 6070928)
1. Less weight (all models)
2. Blind spot monitors
3. Front parking sensors (ZL1)
4. Option for an upgraded audio
5. Better visibility (without styling compromises - I know...)
6. Twin turbo or Supercharger options (ZL1)
7. Maintain the Magnetic ride suspension on the ZL1 (outstanding)
8. Improve the center console (too much plastic)
9. Sun visors with extensions
10. Custom paint options (ZL1)
11. Exterior trim options (i.e. carbon fiber accents)
12. Some how find a way to match the exception style of the 5th gen (tall order)

:thumbsup:

rudygotopless 01-24-2013 10:42 AM

Wish list for Camaro 6

Hi Janet et al,
Here is my list for me to trade my 2012 2SS/RS automatic:
1) Lose weight
2) Navigation
3) Lighted Vanity Mirrors with slides
4) More throaty exhaust sound (I currently have SOLO exhausts)
5) Thermostat controlled heat/air (like my 2013 Malibu)
6) Driver Memory (like my 2013 Malibu)

I really love my 2012 Convertible 2SS, but I would trade for the Camaro 6 if it had those above mentioned items. I hope Chevy doesn't change the "Style-Looks" very much. I would be willing to pay for the additional items. A laundry list would be preferred rather than the groupings Chevy now has.