CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Wish list for things to change on 6th generation 2016 Camaro? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268201)

Ciscokid 01-22-2013 02:53 AM

Dual screen color HUD
Remove analog gauges in the dash, all vehicle information should be accessed via the HUD

Carbon fiber accessory options

LED lighting options

Engine that runs on salt water :sign0052:

rpepka 01-22-2013 04:57 AM

enough power to KICK FORD'S ASS

snakeeaterss 01-22-2013 05:10 AM

More head room. Around 3400 lbs hopefully a lil shy of 480 hp. Maybe t tops I like t tops. Make a 700 hp zl1 . Maybe even the 7 speed manual off t he new C7. Bucket seets in the back as well as the front. I loved those on my gto. Bring back the ram air on the ss. Functional vents like the C7 .

Jonster 01-22-2013 06:54 AM

hard top convertible

JFWJR179 01-22-2013 07:29 AM

1. LS9 Engine from ZR1 Vette (at least)
2. Lose 300 pounds of weight
3. More color options

That will do

Kevlar382 01-22-2013 07:56 AM

Memory - Seats and Mirrors
Climate Control
A body style that doesn't make the rear quarter panels and doors look like they are two different colors
A boot cover for the top that isn't cheap looking. Something more like the Corvette conv that flips up and the top goes under it.
Air bags in front to pick it up when going in and out drive ways like Lambo's have

OldScoolCamaro 01-22-2013 08:41 AM

For starters, I'd like to see a Z/28 RPO with a next gen 427 CID N/A DI engine with cold air induction, close ratio 7 speed MT, 4 wheel brake ducting, 6 pot Brembo's, Pedders suspension, and body styling that of what the Corvette team brought to the table.

The IOM Ninja 01-22-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norm Peterson (Post 6033363)
I like how you think.

I'd insist on the continued availability of at least 1LE-level chassis specs, but stop short of ZL1 dampers (unless the damping programming offered multiple choice and/or user tweaks).

Norm

Chevy should do exactly what Ford is doing IMO. The Benchmark for the 6th Generation Mustang GT is, allegedly to exceed, the Current BOSS 302. The next Generation Camaro SS/Z28 (Whichever it is, really the Z28 should be the track oriented model) should match or exceed the current 1LE Package. No more of that handling like a boat BS like the 2010+ Camaro without the 1LE Package...

I think Chevy should treat the Camaro more like the Corvette (Make Higher Trim option parts like PTM and Magnetic Ride Control Available on all model's or at the very least use Bilsteins on the SS/V6 to give an option between Firm and Soft Suspension on the Lower Trims.

Also get rid of the Automatic on the ZL1 and NA Track Models (Use either a Stick Shift or a Dual Clutch Transmission, However I doubt we will get that before the Corvette..., If that's not possible please match the feeling of the 370Z Automatic... It really knows how to kick you back in your seat on shifts)

Mr. Wyndham 01-22-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja (Post 6067514)
Chevy should do exactly what Ford is doing IMO. The Benchmark for the 6th Generation Mustang GT is, allegedly to exceed, the Current BOSS 302. The next Generation Camaro SS/Z28 (Whichever it is, really the Z28 should be the track oriented model) should match or exceed the current 1LE Package. No more of that handling like a boat BS like the 2010+ Camaro without the 1LE Package...

I think Chevy should treat the Camaro more like the Corvette (Make Higher Trim option parts like PTM and Magnetic Ride Control Available on all model's or at the very least use Bilsteins on the SS/V6 to give an option between Firm and Soft Suspension on the Lower Trims.

The ride of the 1LE and Boss can be somewhat harsh for the non-track daily-drivers out there buying GTs and SSs, though...I think it's a good thing to make such superior suspension calibrations optional.

Gzilla 01-22-2013 09:22 AM

Add to the 6th Generation Camaro

I would prefer my 6th Generation Camaro to have a Short Shifter come standard for the 6-speed Manual editions. Chevy may also want to consider a Targa top!

The IOM Ninja 01-22-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham (Post 6067518)
The ride of the 1LE and Boss can be somewhat harsh for the non-track daily-drivers out there buying GTs and SSs, though...I think it's a good thing to make such superior suspension calibrations optional.

Well the nice thing about the Boss 302 over the 1LE IMO is that you can adjust the suspension to soften it up (I can't for the help of me though remember if that is only on the Laguna Seca or across the Boss Line up). However a track oriented car will always be a lot stiffer than than say the GT or SS without 1LE. However the weigh loss should seriously benefit both cars in the handling department. :respekt: They won't need as stiff of suspension with the weight loss! Again why I said make Bilstein Adjustable's available for the lower trims or allow MSRC as an option (at least on the higher trims)

Mr. Wyndham 01-22-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja (Post 6067536)
Well the nice thing about the Boss 302 over the 1LE IMO is that you can adjust the suspension to soften it up (I can't for the help of me though remember if that is only on the Laguna Seca or across the Boss Line up). However a track oriented car will always be a lot stiffer than than say the GT or SS without 1LE. However the weigh loss should seriously benefit both cars in the handling department. :respekt: They won't need as stiff of suspension with the weight loss! Again why I said make Bilstein Adjustable's available for the lower trims or allow MSRC as an option (at least on the higher trims)

I understand what you're saying.

I guess what I was getting at was that I think it was wise of both Ford and Chevy to build the GT and SS with slightly more compliant suspensions for the sake of ride-quality for the masses. For that minority of us that would appreciate and use a stiffer, more sporty suspension could opt for the more expensive equipment. But this time, offer those packages from the get-go, instead of three years later.

Even the bilstein adjustable shocks can be pricey for a 'base' model of these cars. And as I understand it, they have two modes; stiff and stiffer. :laugh:

The IOM Ninja 01-22-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham (Post 6067572)
I understand what you're saying.

I guess what I was getting at was that I think it was wise of both Ford and Chevy to build the GT and SS with slightly more compliant suspensions for the sake of ride-quality for the masses. For that minority of us that would appreciate and use a stiffer, more sporty suspension could opt for the more expensive equipment. But this time, offer those packages from the get-go, instead of three years later.

Even the bilstein adjustable shocks can be pricey for a 'base' model of these cars. And as I understand it, they have two modes; stiff and stiffer. :laugh:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8pz02rOWv1qh8wol.gif

I can speak from my experience with driving an M3 (with Bilsteins) as well as my GT500 it's actually quite a difference between the two suspension modes. It's undoubtedly stiffer than say MSRC but not to the degree that some people say (of course I have a different idea of what is stiff compared to the average person, my Camaro for example is looser than Pam Anderson IMO)

http://www.4thletter.net/damnnn.gif

I agree that it would probably be too much of a cost to be standard unfortunately...

And yes I just started a GIF war with you!!!

Mr. Wyndham 01-22-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja (Post 6067607)
I can speak from my experience with driving an M3 (with Bilsteins) as well as my GT500 it's actually quite a difference between the two suspension modes. It's undoubtedly stiffer than say MSRC but not to the degree that some people say (of course I have a different idea of what is stiff compared to the average person, my Camaro for example is looser than Pam Anderson IMO)

I agree that it would probably be too much of a cost to be standard unfortunately...

And yes I just started a GIF war with you!!!

Whatever you need to believe to make you feel better about your..."shortcomings"...
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=349&h=276

:D Do not disagree, though. I've never driven with Bilsteins...and I'm openly a MagRide "fanboy". ;))

fbodfather 01-22-2013 10:12 AM

..............i wanna see more "Panics DuJour!"

Mr. Wyndham 01-22-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbodfather (Post 6067698)
..............i wanna see more "Panics DuJour!"

Welcome to Camaro5, kind sir!

We offer a selection of varying panics du jour, one for each day of the week at the discretion of our fine patrons. All of our dishes are prepared in-house using a recipe passed down for nearly 5 years!

Please take a moment to look over our menu:

Headlights brulee

SS grille con fail

Weight a la mode

Interior wish a side of pre-production texturing

Stuffed side-view mirror puffs

And presenting new additions:

No-V8 trifle

Poached new-gen design
http://www.househaunters.com/assets/images/waiter.png

LT4Lover 01-22-2013 11:23 AM

Definately should have cooled front seats, also the color-coded grid in the rear camera view, and how about some more high-impact colors reminiscent of the muscle car era!

Norm Peterson 01-22-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja (Post 6067514)

I don't think that the 6th gen Camaro is working under the same conditions as the upcoming generation Mustang. It's going to be a bit easier for Ford to set the new IRS GT at or above the current stick-axle Boss level simply because there's suddenly more NVH and ride quality headroom to work with. Once you're at IRS with a fairly seriously developed suspension and wheel/tire package, the gains tend to be smaller.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham (Post 6067518)

You have to keep them optional. Otherwise the package would either be unsatisfactory to most of the people at one end of the spectrum if it was tuned for the folks at the other, or not entirely satisfactory to many at both ends if an attempt is made to find a single hopefully acceptable point somewhere in the middle.

Norm

woodside783 01-22-2013 12:31 PM

3000lbs 500hp 500 tq z28

whiteknight012 01-22-2013 12:39 PM

Two words:

T.
Tops.

:headbang:

Awill 01-22-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 6056912)
I don't really understand the "cartoonish" comments about the Camaro. It looks almost exactly like the concept Camaro, which was a jaw dropping design at the time, and still turns heads even today. Not trying to be an A-hole here, but sorry if your not into it, you are clearly in the minority.

I wouldn't mind a little better visibility, but the high beltline is one of the reasons the car looks so damn good. If that was lowered, it would look awkward. GM, do what you must to make the next design just as killer as this one.

Make the car lighter, and feel more nimble out on the road, and you have a winner. If the current car had those traits, it would still be top dog in the performance categories.

:word::thumbsup:

tony_c 01-22-2013 01:09 PM

New Hydro Silver paint
Less weight
More Z28
RS lights on all models
Bigger Spoilers on all models
Z28
Twin Turbo V6
Direct Injection V8
Z28
New Upper grill, not like the ZL1. Maybe like the Leno
Gills that you can see
New Rear Diffuser
Z28
Redesigned interior to make it even more sick
2014 release year
and Go Sabres

cmoz28 01-22-2013 02:33 PM

Twin-Turbo V6
Z/28
Completely Redesigned Interior (but keep it retro)
More Customization

lbls1 01-22-2013 02:34 PM

1. Improved acceleration against Mustang variants.
2. Reduced weight.
3. Distinctive styling with cues to the camaros of yesteryear. Refrain from using contemporary japanese or european styling trends.
4. Don't even think about a turbo v6 for the Camaro SS and above. It would be better to eliminate the 'SS than to compromise it with a 6 or 4 cylinder engine.
5. More exciting color choices. For me, the 5th gen left me wanting a bit for enticing color choices. The ABM was a nice start but since it was eliminated, I was left without a suitable replacement (BRM and CRT were nice choices though).

The fifth gen did a great job in resurrecting the camaro. The camaro has to gain a bit more ground in its acceleration and power numbers with the top of the line camaro going forward.

SS4Fun 01-22-2013 02:46 PM

Paint.................. it currently sucks!!!!!:barf: