Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Havoc Rear Diffuser (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=580537)

Jtmurillo 08-20-2020 10:30 PM

Havoc Rear Diffuser

Hello, I just got my havoc rear diffuser in the mail and am trying to debate how to get it painted. Both pieces satin black? Inside piece satin black and outside piece black to match car? Outside piece satin black and inside piece black to match my car? I am stuck. I have looked online at a lot of pictures but they all seem to be edited. Put your havoc pictures down below. Bonus if it’s on a black car! Thanks!

hesster 08-21-2020 07:08 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Be prepared to tweak it to fit properly.
Mine is Base coat black with clear coat, my insert is the hydro dipped carbon fiber with clear coat. My thoughts are the outer bumper piece should def be gloss black, but the inner can be gloss or satin or whatever.

Jtmurillo 08-21-2020 08:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by hesster (Post 10853142)
Be prepared to tweak it to fit properly.
Mine is Base coat black with clear coat, my insert is the hydro dipped carbon fiber with clear coat. My thoughts are the outer bumper piece should def be gloss black, but the inner can be gloss or satin or whatever.

I actually think I decided to go with the satin black outside bumper piece and then a gloss black to match the car for the inside smaller piece. I think this looks extremely good. Breaks up the colors a bit and makes it look a little less “boxy”

Attachment 1041892

Dizzy82 08-21-2020 11:03 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I painted the center to match the body.

Redgt03 08-23-2020 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dizzy82 (Post 10853292)

Would like to see the center painted white on a summit white one.

flht99b 08-23-2020 10:51 AM

How does it mount to the rear bumper cover? Does it use stock molded in tangs, bolt on or tape? Any modifications required of the rear bumper cover ?

Jtmurillo 08-23-2020 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flht99b (Post 10854489)
How does it mount to the rear bumper cover? Does it use stock molded in tangs, bolt on or tape? Any modifications required of the rear bumper cover ?

Uses the oem clips. I believe you have to take off the bumper though and drill in some screws. I’m not entirely sure, that’s just what I’ve seen from some videos on it. I’m not actually installing. I have a zl1 bumper conversion kit, zl1 side rockers, that havoc rear diffuser, and a anvil auto rear notch spoiler all at a body shop right now here getting painted and installed. I’m excited to see it once I get it back!

Jtmurillo 08-23-2020 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dizzy82 (Post 10853292)

Damn that’s sick. I definitely think painting the inside part to match the car is the way to go. And then leaving the outside bigger piece as a satin black :w00t:

joshnmn 08-23-2020 08:39 PM

My center section and bumper cover are both gloss black to match factory paint. I plasti-dipped the center section a matte dark grey for contrast.

Jtmurillo 08-24-2020 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnmn (Post 10854786)
My center section and bumper cover are both gloss black to match factory paint. I plasti-dipped the center section a matte dark grey for contrast.

Post some pictures, id love to see!

bitinas 11-06-2020 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jtmurillo (Post 10853037)
Hello, I just got my havoc rear diffuser in the mail and am trying to debate how to get it painted. Both pieces satin black? Inside piece satin black and outside piece black to match car? Outside piece satin black and inside piece black to match my car? I am stuck. I have looked online at a lot of pictures but they all seem to be edited. Put your havoc pictures down below. Bonus if it’s on a black car! Thanks!

Where did you purchase it and how was the fitment? Thanks