CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Larger Camaro? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=368932)

blahzay 07-16-2014 03:47 PM

Larger Camaro?

I may be on my own with this one but I think I may the only one who is hoping the camaro gets a bit bigger or just remains the same size. I see A LOT of people saying the hope it gets smaller but being a tall guy myself, every inch is precious. I mean if it gets any smaller then we are talking Cruze numbers :-/

MikeT 07-16-2014 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blahzay (Post 7822772)
I may be on my own with this one but I think I may the only one who is hoping the camaro gets a bit bigger or just remains the same size. I see A LOT of people saying the hope it gets smaller but being a tall guy myself, every inch is precious. I mean if it gets any smaller then we are talking Cruze numbers :-/

Or original Camaro numbers.

Let's not forget that the '67 Camaro was 184" long.

LuSe4 07-16-2014 04:14 PM

I would not buy a smaller Camaro. So..........this might be my only Camaro.

K1SSRSS 07-16-2014 04:16 PM

Personally I am not looking forward to a smaller Camaro either, but I would take some weight reduction.

sticks88 07-16-2014 04:19 PM

Smaller would not please me either.

LOWDOWN 07-16-2014 04:22 PM

Folks, if it's smaller, doesn't it depend on where it is smaller? And where/how the BODY is configured? And how TALL/short the seat tracks are? And myriad other dimensions?

Thought so...

If it has a shorter trunk, but the trunk itself is deeper and actually carries more, would that work for most of us? If the hood length was slightly shorter, but crash protection and engine placement actually improved, would that be acceptable? If the cabin actually looked a bit smaller, but window sizes increased for better visability in all directions, would that work? If the dash was lower in height, would that be a bad thing? If the seat track was slightly lower, but legroom and thigh support remained the same and headroom improved, can we get a "Yeah!"?

blahzay 07-16-2014 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuSe4 (Post 7822834)
I would not buy a smaller Camaro. So..........this might be my only Camaro.

I with you on that note. Every time I read a comment saying they hope is gets smaller, I just cringe because IF it does then not sure what car I'll end up getting. Being that Ive already owned a 5th Gen, I have patiently been waiting on the 6th. Im not talking about Challenger length (although that is a spacious sports car) but nothing smaller then the current 5th gen PLEASE!

sswiss3000 07-16-2014 04:43 PM

You guys do realize that the outer dimensions of a car do not necessarily have to correlate 1 to 1 to its interior dimensions. Point and case are the 5th gen Camaros. For the size of this car we should be able to use them as a moving truck. :bellyroll:

If I had to guess I would say not much will change on the head or leg room the driver has even once the over all size is reduced to fit on the new frame being used on the 6th gen Camaro.

notmidlife 07-16-2014 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sswiss3000 (Post 7822898)
You guys do realize that the outer dimensions of a car do not necessarily have to correlate 1 to 1 to its interior dimensions. Point and case are the 5th gen Camaros. For the size of this car we should be able to use them as a moving truck. :bellyroll:

If I had to guess I would say not much will change on the head or leg room the driver has even once the over all size is reduced to fit on the new frame being used on the 6th gen Camaro.

What he said ^.

sonnydurden 07-16-2014 04:59 PM

I don't see it getting bigger on that ATS platform

AZCamaroFan 07-16-2014 05:38 PM

the Cruze is 9 inches shorter than the current Camaro , so even taking a couple inches off the Camaro is not going to put it in Cruze territory. But not to worry . Every generation of Camaro is supposed to be smaller and somehow ends up not to be.

AZCamaroFan 07-16-2014 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeT (Post 7822813)
Or original Camaro numbers.

Let's not forget that the '67 Camaro was 184" long.

:word:
the first gen felt noticeable tidier in dimensions while driving it.

i2disturbedSS 07-16-2014 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notmidlife (Post 7822942)
What he said ^.

What they said.^

Losing ibs is good though