CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Rumor: 6th Gen Camaro Coming in 2016 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190231)

Taintedveins 12-22-2011 06:01 PM

I was actually sketching a body style that was smaller and blended some of the parts of the 2nd gen into it. It came out looking very challenger ish on the front so I am going to attempt it again.

PYROLYSIS 12-22-2011 06:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by CSM088 (Post 4206404)
I was looking forward to a return to the Gen 2 styling.

Me too, though a brand new design would be interesting. The 5th gen is too successful for them to make the 6th gen not look like a Camaro.

KMPrenger 12-22-2011 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS (Post 4206827)
I wanna see something a little smaller, maybe 200 lbs lighter with a 475 HP V8 and a 350 HP V6 give or take a few. I like the current interior, but less plasticy stuff would be nice. The exterior of the Camaro already looks amazing, so maybe just a little refresh would be good. I will be waiting for the 2017/18 ZL1!

Not sure about the power of course, but you can bet the car will be slightly smaller and definitely lighter. Check out this thread:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188392

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rallysport (Post 4204182)
Woohoo! The 6th Gen is coming! Let me make this educated guess: It will not be offered in any shade of BLUE. Period!:facepalm:

Well, maybe for the first few months it will be. GM will put a crappy computer made image of the blue on its website. Nobody will buy it. Then people will start to see it in person and realize it is awesome, but by then GM will have already killed it off because of poor sales.

Quote:

Originally Posted by skipinminn (Post 4207198)
I'd like to see a V6 for us Fuel cost saving people that still want some POWER when needed > All the juice and no seeds. Say twin Turbos like the LENO Sema car. V6 with 426 hourse power and still get 30MPG not thats what we NEED.

If they do the car as talked about in the link above the car should gain some MPG from the weight savings alone. An N/A V6 would be an easy high to mid 13 second car or better and 12s for the SS (whether V8 or TTV6) would be much more the norm than the current SS.

KMPrenger 12-22-2011 06:21 PM

Oh, and no offense to those that want the next gen to look like the 2nd gen....but if thats the case I won't be buyin lol.

I just can't stand that front end at all. I think the car may contain some throw back design cues like the current gen does, but if they go all out and make it blatantly look like a 2nd gen (like above picture) I'll be shocked.

And frankily, I think it would be an utter dissapointment from the design team. Whats so great about rehashing prior designs over and over again....need originality people!

My .02

Rogan 12-22-2011 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 4207626)
Oh, and no offense to those that want the next gen to look like the 2nd gen....but if thats the case I won't be buyin lol.

I just can't stand that front end at all. I think the car may contain some throw back design cues like the current gen does, but if they go all out and make it blatantly look like a 2nd gen (like above picture) I'll be shocked.

And frankily, I think it would be an utter dissapointment from the design team. Whats so great about rehashing prior designs over and over again....need originality people!

My .02

When the 2nd gen was out I liked the Mustang better because of that front end. Some stuff is just better left in the past.

With them making big changes to the Corvette and complaints of the weight on the 5th Gen - we may see something very different. As long as it looks good I'm cool with it.

EvoWake 12-22-2011 06:40 PM

So long as the current styling is popular, it will NOT be revolutionary. Too much to risk by changing too drastically. Just my opinion.

Supercamaro64 12-22-2011 08:12 PM

They wouldnt call it a different gen if it wasnt way different. They would call it a "refresh". The second gen had a major refresh in '74, but it wasnt a totally different body style, so it was still a second gen. Its going to be, for lack of a better word, "revolutionary". A new body style, maybe with some design cues from past generations, but i doubt it would be a "throwback" design. But thats awesome! cant wait to see it!

skipinminn 12-22-2011 08:15 PM

SS70 ISHHHHHHHHH I don't like that at all "JMO" Sorry.

Eich 12-22-2011 08:17 PM

I'd buy that SS70 almost as-is. That's a GREAT concept. I'd love to see something along those lines.

toesuf94 12-22-2011 08:53 PM

:notheadlights:

Sorry...had to start the complaints.

s/c ss 12-22-2011 09:43 PM

:needpics:

LOL, LOL, LOL.

Rallysport 12-22-2011 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS (Post 4207588)
Me too, though a brand new design would be interesting. The 5th gen is too successful for them to make the 6th gen not look like a Camaro.

Well, this is interesting. Needs some tweaking, but I could see it going somewhat in this direction.

CAMARO-ECSTASY 12-23-2011 12:28 AM

SS70 :barf:

LimaCharlie 12-23-2011 01:14 AM

The 1st gen Camaro is more iconic and popular than any of the 2nd gen years. If GM keeps the retro theme, the 6th gen will be based off the 1st gen.
I am interested in seeing what GM has in mind for the 6th gen styling. I think it will be very similar to the 5th gen, except in a smaller and lighter weight chassis (Alpha platform). The styling of the 5th gen has proved to be popular so far. Why change something good?

hightower 12-23-2011 01:40 AM

Sounds sweet! Can't wait to see what GM comes up with!

Cam#7 12-23-2011 07:36 AM

Give GM a lot of credit. Every generation had a completely different body style. Sure the Gen6 make take a few clues from the other generations. But it's not going to be the foundation for it.

Now the Mustang has also tried to evolved from generation to generation until 2005 when they started their recycling program. Not only was the Mustang II a hideous look, look back to the 71-73 models, they had hideous front-ends.

Black5thgen 12-23-2011 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS (Post 4207588)

Something "like" this at >3600 lbs. and 85% the size of the 5th gen and I would strongly consider another Camaro. GenV V8 and manual please.

allmotor 12-23-2011 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 (Post 4201676)
I hear the 7th Gen will be released in 2022. Followed by the 8th Gen all electric Camaro in 2027. Then the 9th Gen Camaro the size of a Fiat 500 in 2032. Let's start the panic now!!!!!

:laugh:

Kvapil28 12-23-2011 09:41 AM

Waiting list already??? OK

DGthe3 12-23-2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black5thgen (Post 4209267)
Something "like" this at >3600 lbs. and 85% the size of the 5th gen and I would strongly consider another Camaro. GenV V8 and manual please.

You want it to be more than 3600 lbs?

AZCamaroFan 12-23-2011 11:18 AM

still guessing the next gen styling evolves off 5thgen. it'll be new, but recognizable.

1o.f00t.570rk 12-23-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LimaCharlie (Post 4208933)
The 1st gen Camaro is more iconic and popular than any of the 2nd gen years. If GM keeps the retro theme, the 6th gen will be based off the 1st gen.
I am interested in seeing what GM has in mind for the 6th gen styling. I think it will be very similar to the 5th gen, except in a smaller and lighter weight chassis (Alpha platform). The styling of the 5th gen has proved to be popular so far. Why change something good?

The best selling years weren't the 1st gens. :cool:

The 1st gen is very popular with collectors, no doubt, but they aren't the only ones that Chevy has to keep an eye out for. There are also a lot of folks into the 2nd gen because it doesn't have the "garage queen" tax due to being as highly desired by collectors. There is also remarkable difference in the looks and style of the 2nd gens in at least the front fascia, so a '71 looks almost nothing like an '81 even though they are both considered a second gen.

It would be a lot easier to remedy some of the (albeit irrelevant in my book) complaints about the current model by taking more influences from the 2nd generation, and stealing some stuff from the 3rd and 4th as well.

For instance, going to a hatchback style rear end. It may lose some stiffness, but if it's a smaller platform with less weight in the first place, then the chassis can be braced in other manners and still retain necessary strength. This would increase the visibility and storage of the vehicle, and allow a softer rear slope so that you have more room for rear passengers.

That said, the SS70 isn't my cup of tea because it's too dang tall and the body lines don't flow at all. I think the next gen will need more radical style designs, but can still take elements from the 2nd gen. If the overall height of the vehicle were something along the lines this rendering:

http://www.daves68camaro.com/webpics...n-camaro01.jpg

I think that the 2nd gen look could influence the style while still retaining the evolution of the overall design. If the vehicle will remain roughly with the same proportions it has now, though, then a more 3rd/4th influenced look would make more sense.

Revo1 12-23-2011 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 4205584)
It won't be a 4th gen rehash...not like how the 5th gen is based off the '69 Camaro. The rumors are that it will return to a sleeker design set forth by the 3rd/4th gens rather than an evolution of the 5th gen.

I like it! We don't need any more sequel cars anyway :thumbsup:

I love the look of gen 5, but the sleek, aerodynamic look of gen 4 is what really turned me into a Camaro fan back in 96... :drinking:

hotdannywheels 12-23-2011 02:29 PM

I don't know why, but something tells me the C6 Camaro will look very ugly. Hopefully I'm wrong...

GRAHL 12-23-2011 02:35 PM

Keep it a muscle car. Keep the front end hungry and menacing and keep the curves / fender flares. Lose either of those two and you're doomed like the 4th gen. IMHO of course.